Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 Edge ST, 2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello fellow car nuts!

Back into Mustang :clap: and new to the forum!

Picked up 2019 GT350 back on May 9th (so much for social distancing)
1,222 miles and smiles so far!

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Nice Color! It really stands out in the sunshine. It seems like you upgraded from that ford fiesta/focus :like:

I ordered one today and Im currently waiting for it.

Do you know what the different chassis numbers mean? Ive seen people talking about them but I have no idea what they mean.

OP
OP
Roy_350

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

Yes a nice upgrade form the Focus.

Sorry I'm not completely sure about chassis number. When I had my 2013 BOSS it was vehicle number 2311 which I thought was just a sequential build for that year's BOSS.

My guess a search here would lead to an answer.

RPDBlueMoon do you know when your GT350 arrives? Colors & options?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

Yes a nice upgrade form the Focus.

Sorry I'm not completely sure about chassis number. When I had my 2013 BOSS it was vehicle number 2311 which I thought was just a sequential build for that year's BOSS.

My guess a search here would lead to an answer.

RPDBlueMoon do you know when your GT350 arrives? Colors & options?
Nice! I'll be upgrading from a Scion tC, I have a hatchback too.

I was able get to the GT350 Heritage Edition. So it has oxford white and guardsman blue stripes. It has the handling package, carbon fiber dash, and leather seats.

I don't know when it will arrive, apparently the plant where they are made is closed right now and production will slowly ramp up next week. I was lucky and was able to secure one that is still on the production line. I found out about it from the Heritage Edition spreadsheet. So I don't really have any idea when I'll be able to get it.

I'm not in a rush to get it though as crazy as that sounds, I'm currently busy with my college classes. Im trying to not fail, this online class thing is really killing me.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Congrats and welcome. Nice color.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roy_350

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome, congratulations on the Heritage Editions!

Does the Scion stay in the fleet as a daily?

Our Focus is staying as my daily for the moment, we swapped a 2015 Cayman GTS for the GT350.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome, congratulations on the Heritage Editions!

Does the Scion stay in the fleet as a daily?

Our Focus is staying as my daily for the moment, we swapped a 2015 Cayman GTS for the GT350.
Thanks, yeah really happy I was able to find one without much stress

Yeah, it has only 45k miles on it. I feel like with cars like that you really get your moneys worth when they get up to 200k and are still able to run fine with no issues. I want to eventually get a truck to so that I can have 4 doors and be able to have the space to load stuff in case I need too. The tC has an abnormal amount of space for what it is and it really helped me out. But I'll have to worry about that when the time comes. Trucks are not expensive like the GT350 unless you get something crazy, I won't be spending alot of money on it lol.

Really? GTS for GT350 Im surprised you went with the GT350. The only thing I love more than Shelby Cobras and Moprars are Porsches but, I can see how someone would go with the GT350 though :flag:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Trucks are not expensive like the GT350 unless you get something crazy, I won't be spending alot of money on it lol. :flag:
Don’t need to go crazy on a truck to get into GT350 prices that’s for sure.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Chassis numbers (dash plaque) represent the sequential build order (yours being #789th built). The letter before the number defines the model year. J being 2018, K being 2019, L being 2020, etc...

OP
OP
Roy_350

Roy_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, yeah really happy I was able to find one without much stress

Yeah, it has only 45k miles on it. I feel like with cars like that you really get your moneys worth when they get up to 200k and are still able to run fine with no issues. I want to eventually get a truck to so that I can have 4 doors and be able to have the space to load stuff in case I need too. The tC has an abnormal amount of space for what it is and it really helped me out. But I'll have to worry about that when the time comes. Trucks are not expensive like the GT350 unless you get something crazy, I won't be spending alot of money on it lol.

Really? GTS for GT350 Im surprised you went with the GT350. The only thing I love more than Shelby Cobras and Moprars are Porsches but, I can see how someone would go with the GT350 though :flag:
The Cayman GTS is a great car and the one we had was well optioned out. GTS interior, Carbon Fiber trim, PDK. Yes build quality is really good original msrp (sit down) $91,000.00! We picked it up used with 10,000 miles on the clock for $72,000, CPO until 2021 or 100K miles.

Porsche is a great car and if that is something one aspires to have go for it. As you know entry cost into that click is going to be high and dealer maintenance is not for the faint of heart. Oil change and vehicle inspection ....... $380.00! Two year service will set one back about $1,700.00. If the P car is new or used with CPO then tires need to be N spec from either Michelin, Goodyear or Pirelli.

I have a theory that some of these ultra low milage GT3, GT3RS etc are low milage because when the owner finds out how expensive these cars are to run they either can't afford it or their better half will have a cow. Now back to your regular scheduled programing! :crackup:

Is a 2015 Cayman GTS better or worse than a 2019 GT350. All depends on what one values in their vehicles. Yes non-touch materials in the Cayman GTS are nicer than the GT350. For us non-touch materials don't hustle a car down the road any better or worse.

As a GT car both can gobble miles up. We drove the Cayman from NH to the FL Keys great time very comfortable. Having a had a 2013 BOSS 302 which was a great GT car also my guess we will not be disappointed with the GT350.

Backroad hunting, which for my wife and I is where we like to spend our time. Much better theater with the GT350 hands down. I personally find the GT350 better in giving me front end information mid-corner than the 2015 Cayman GTS. Right now we changed out the Michelin Cups on the GT350 to Michelin Pilot Sports, and the Cayman we ran Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. GT350 has a wider power band so it's easier or me to hustle down a back road. I'm not a manual shifting god that's for sure, I actually swing the bell curve for shifting towards the low end.

One thing I can say for sure if you didn't setup corner entry well and carried mid-corner speed in the Cayman and the corner opened up to a straight the Cayman doesn't have the torque to drive out of the corner like the GT350.

Just another point of reference on my comments. We just relocated from NH to Greenville, SC. We ran the Cayman a few times down here before jumping into the GT350. I feel more confident in exploring backroads in the GT350 than the Cayman!

Backroads here are:
  • Much better shape here than NH
  • Edge of the road here stops at the fog line, NH most have at least a foot of additional pavement beyond the fog line
  • Posted speed limits on back roads here are 10 to 15 mph higher than NH
Those points above favor the smaller lighter Cayman on paper to be the better of the two cars. The GT350 for me and the misses gets it done as well if not better.

We're all pretty fortunate to have a first world problem of deciding on options for GT350 or is a GT350 better than a Porsche Cayman GTS.

I relinquish the soap box.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Nice! I'll be upgrading from a Scion tC, I have a hatchback too.

I was able get to the GT350 Heritage Edition. So it has oxford white and guardsman blue stripes. It has the handling package, carbon fiber dash, and leather seats.

I don't know when it will arrive, apparently the plant where they are made is closed right now and production will slowly ramp up next week. I was lucky and was able to secure one that is still on the production line. I found out about it from the Heritage Edition spreadsheet. So I don't really have any idea when I'll be able to get it.

I'm not in a rush to get it though as crazy as that sounds, I'm currently busy with my college classes. Im trying to not fail, this online class thing is really killing me.
Wimbledon white, not oxford on the heritage. Much more off white and unique looking. Oxford is a really nice but much more of a true white vs wimbeldon.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
That Car And Driver review was amazing the first time I read it and the second, third, fourth... The metaphors and similes that car editors use to describe our car never get old. I don't keep auto mags long after I read through them, but the ones I DO keep are the ones with GT350 reviews in them. My favorite was the 40K Mile Long Term Test of the Grabber Blue GT350 C&D did. So good. It made me feel like I was invested in the car, and was equally as sad when they had to turn in the car. Sooo, I bought my own, and am now creating my own cache of metaphors!

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Don’t need to go crazy on a truck to get into GT350 prices that’s for sure.
My 2019 GMC AT4 sticker was actually a little higher than my Shelby.
Sponsored