Not open for further replies.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We've been fitting H Pipes for a long while now - a very popular mod to replace the huge centre resonator.

When fitting the most popular brands we've found that the clamp system to join the H to the rear sections of the exhaust is less than ideal. There tends to be a butt type join with a double ended sleeve clamp which fits nicely but due to the design it doesn't grip the H Pipe sufficiently and tends to rotate especially when the system heats and cools relaxing the torque on the clamps. This leads to the rear sections pivoting and misaligned tailpipes. So we worked with our fabricator IWS to create a more simple and more effective clamp join which sleeves over the stock system and grips it properly. Tooling was made to ensure every part is the same and fits perfectly.

The welding is almost too nice to hide under your car. Available from our online store for ÂŁ192 + shipping.

https://gt101.store/collections/s55...re-resonator-delete-for-5-0-mustang-2015-2017
IMG_1185.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1183.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Looks incredibly good quality that, certainly better than the US options!

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Have to say I would not agree that the welding is that great.

Certainly if I had done that, and my boss saw it, he would throw it away and tell me to do it again.

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Have to say I would not agree that the welding is that great.

Certainly if I had done that, and my boss saw it, he would throw it away and tell me to do it again.
Thanks for that constructive feedback - If you’d like to point me at some better quality parts for £192 I’d be interested in taking a look.

Our aim with this part was to address what we saw as a weakness in other designs related to the clamping system used. I’d love to hear what you see as poor quality.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that constructive feedback �� - If you’d like to point me at some better quality parts for £192 I’d be interested in taking a look.

Our aim with this part was to address what we saw as a weakness in other designs related to the clamping system used. I’d love to hear what you see as poor quality.
I am sorry to have offended.

Although for clarification, I never said it was not a quality part, I never said it was not great value for money, and I never said it was not better than alternatives.
Your part is all those things, the clamping system especially makes it very good.

However I was purely questioning your sentence "The welding is almost too nice to hide under your car."

To me, I am glad you put in the word "almost" as that welding is nothing to want to show off, in my opinion.

In my own personal opinion, having had almost 12 years experience in the nuclear Power Industry, as a fully coded welder, working on very high pressure containment vessels, I would not be proud of that at all.

The colour is not even and consistent throughout the depth and circumference of the welds.
The size and shape of the puddle feathers vary.
The weld around the name plate is not even straight.
And There are possibly at least 4 pinholes I can see.

You asked me to point out, what I believe to be poor quality, and I have, but that is in comparison to what I know a weld can and should look like when done properly.

But to be fair to you and the people who welded the parts, they are in comparison to what you would normally see, on similar parts from other manufacturers very good, but they are by no means great, and most definitely nowhere near perfect.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
So to summarise, addresses a problem, great quality and the welds look fine to a layman. Not nuclear proof but as long as Trump stays on good terms with the Koreans our exhaust gases should be safely expelled.

I like'em... :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So to summarise, addresses a problem, great quality and the welds look fine to a layman. Not nuclear proof but as long as Trump stays on good terms with the Koreans our exhaust gases should be safely expelled.

Do u work in marketing? xD

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Thanks for that constructive feedback �� - If you’d like to point me at some better quality parts for £192 I’d be interested in taking a look.

To be honest I thought it looked a nice quality part including the welding

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
To be honest I thought it looked a nice quality part including the welding
Agreed... the welding is perfectly fine for the intended application.:)

Talk of welding standards within the nuclear industry and pressure vessels is irrelevant..

Here’s some crap welding that’s been on my car for well over a year now:cheers::D

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed... the welding is perfectly fine for the intended application.:)

Talk of welding standards within the nuclear industry and pressure vessels is irrelevant..

Here’s some crap welding that’s been on my car for well over a year now:cheers::D

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg
woohoooo for puddle welds.

To be fair; Who cares, you never see it, aslong as there's no holes and it works for the exhaust woopidy dooo daa :D! (i say that because i've also got some really sexy welds on my car...)

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I only mentioned where I used to work, and my qualifications, to show I have a small understanding of what a good weld should look like.

I was merely questioning the statement that the welding is almost to good to hide away. To me, if it was a weld I had done, I woudl want it covered up and well hidden as it is not that great.

Yes it does the job, it does the job perfectly , and at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

I was just trying to say there is a vast difference between a weld that does the job, and a great weld.

It's a bit like saying a Trabant is a car that will do the job.
It will get you from A to B.
But there is a huge difference between one of those and car that does the job, but also looks right, is well put together, and is good quality engineering, that you will be happy to let your mates see you in, and you will be happy to show off.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=31610]Entai[/MENTION] no no, you've mistaken, we love to take the piss around here ;)!

Can you do some exhaust welds for us (Serious question im actually intrigued)

eldar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - My2017

Having worked in the nuclear industry, the welding is OK but not outstandingly pretty.

It also costs less than ÂŁ200, whereas nuclear grade would be ÂŁ22,550 +VAT, delivery, a certificate, 14 months delivery. Then lost by stores for 8 weeks, and broken by the fitter.....:)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It also costs less than ÂŁ200, whereas nuclear grade would be ÂŁ22,550 +VAT, delivery, a certificate, 14 months delivery. Then lost by stores for 8 weeks, and broken by the fitter.....:)
That’s more like it :D:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.