Sponsored

New Focus RS has 345 HP 2.3L Ecoboost engine and tons of goodies

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Oh, sorry, I thought when you said...

...you had some insight the rest of us didn't.

Also, I'm glad to hear you find internal engine mods bolt-ons...most don't...should see an impressive build from you sometime soon, I presume?
He was referencing the turbo intercooler, the internals he won't believe until he sees it written from a review since the 2.3 internals can handle 345 no prob now as is. :cheers:

OP
OP
sleepless

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
He was referencing the turbo intercooler, the internals he won't believe until he sees it written from a review since the 2.3 internals can handle 345 no prob now as is. :cheers:
Thanks.. I was just getting ready to explain that to him myself but you saved me the trouble..

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]hDofgYyTxEg[/MEDIA]"]

it's official, the Focus RS will have 315hp

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Yeah... then I'm really wondering if the internals are any different from our cars.

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
Horsepower Kings is the gossip column of the car world. It is all made up bullshit.
starting to believe it, just how for months every online car column kept saying the Mustang was going to be 400lbs lighter when it ended up being heavier than its predecessor.

everyone thougth the focus would have 345hp because of ''rumors''

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Even if it is 345hp I doubt it would have different engine internals. Its most likely just a different turbo that builds boost better in the higher RPM at the sacrifice of the crazy low end torque that the 2.3 currently has.

Shanghai Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible in Race Red
Even if it is 345hp I doubt it would have different engine internals. Its most likely just a different turbo that builds boost better in the higher RPM at the sacrifice of the crazy low end torque that the 2.3 currently has.
This. Lighter car means you don't need as much torque down low to get moving. So bump up the boost higher up to get a better top end.

Even with "just" 315 HP this thing will be a beast!

bonnarls3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
it would be nice if the turbo could bolt up to the eb mustang, i'll be checking on that when i can look up the parts for the 2016 focus..

Focusesjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3
Thicker sleeves-check
Better head gasket-check
Improved head alloy-check
Bigger turbo-check

So basically, whatever the Mustang EB does, the RS should be able to do better and safer. More information below:

EcoBoost technology powers nearly every new Ford vehicle. Projected to deliver well in excess of 315 horsepower, the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine for the all-new Focus RS shares its fundamental structure with the all-aluminum four-cylinder engine in the all-new Mustang. But this engine is significantly upgraded through a comprehensive package of design changes.

Increased output is generated by a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor that delivers significantly greater airflow, along with a much bigger intercooler to maximize charge density. Engine breathing is enhanced through a less restrictive intake design, and a large-bore high-performance exhaust system with an electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe helps optimize the balance of back pressure and noise output.

The cylinder head is produced from an upgraded alloy material capable of withstanding higher temperatures, and is mounted on a more robust head gasket with improved thermal capability. The cylinder block employs stronger high-tensile cast-iron liners.

Engine cooling has been given the highest priority. Engineers created additional space within the front of the vehicle to house a significantly larger radiator pack – the biggest ever fitted to a Focus – that provides the level of cooling demanded for hard circuit use.

Meticulous calibration ensures the power unit delivers excellent low-end responsiveness with a powerful mid-range pull, climbing to a free-revving top end up to a maximum rev limit of 6,800 rpm.

Inspiring performance demands an inspiring soundtrack. Ford Performance engineers have tuned the RS to deliver a rewarding and sporty sound character in spirited driving, with the distinctive burbles and pops that are an RS signature.

“This very special 2.3-liter EcoBoost unit will inspire drivers as they feel the surge of the turbo, and reward them as they take it to redline – all delivered with a stirring sound guaranteed to put a smile on your face,” said Pericak.

The six-speed manual has been optimized for the enthusiast driver with a shorter gear lever and revised mechanism to deliver faster, more accurate shifts. Both transmission and clutch are upgraded with stronger components to cope with the engine’s increased torque output.

With its high-efficiency EcoBoost design featuring direct fuel injection, twin independent variable camshaft timing and advanced turbocharging, the engine delivers significantly improved fuel consumption. With standard Auto Start-Stop, preliminary figures indicate CO2 emissions will be significantly reduced compared to the previous model.
Sponsored

Last edited: