Sponsored

New Focus RS has 345 HP 2.3L Ecoboost engine and tons of goodies

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
Was anyone else's immediate thought - hell yes, Ford factory upgraaaaades!

"Powered by the same 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo-four that you can find in the new Mustang, this motor is upgraded with a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger, larger compressor and intercooler, freer-flowing intake, large-bore dual-pipe exhaust with electronically controlled valve and upgraded internal components. The end result is a 6,500-RRPM redline, with an output of 345 HP – which is more than the EcoBoost Mustang and quite a bit more than the existing Focus ST."

horsepowerkings(dot)com/2016-ford-focus-rs-345-hp-2-3l-ecoboost-and-awd-w-torque-vectoring/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/focus/89077/new-ford-focus-rs-prices-specs-and-drift-mode

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
is it true theyre only making about a thousand of them only?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Horsepower Kings is the gossip column of the car world. It is all made up bullshit.

OP
OP
sleepless

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am actually thinking, "ah shit, light and faster stock"
And probably more expensive.

"Given that the ST currently starts at $24,450 and can close in on $30,000, don’t expect the RS to come in much below $30K—if at all. Yes, the car would then be priced on top of a 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium and close in on a base Mustang GT, but we’re in the camp that believes the majority of pony-car and hot-hatch buyers stick to their vehicles of choice, alternatives be damned."

(http://m.caranddriver.com/news/2016-ford-focus-rs-spy-photos-news)

Sponsored

OP
OP
sleepless

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horsepower Kings is the gossip column of the car world. It is all made up bullshit.
Really? Didn't realize. That was the first outlet to specify HP numbers, no wonder. Everyone else is only saying 315bhp+

Regardless, this means a larger intercooler and turbo available next year for plug and play. In a much sexier form factor than the focus/matrix/mazda3 silhouette.

OP
OP
sleepless

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Even if it is 345 hp coming fron the factory out of the 2.3 its just a better factory tune..still the same engine..good car to show off how amazing this new 2.3 turbo is and what its capable off.. the RS is going to shine with its all wheel drive.. its going to be a fantastic car just not my style.. but ill reserve my final opinion for when i see it in person.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And there definitely going to make more then 1,000 of them!

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Even if it is 345 hp coming fron the factory out of the 2.3 its just a better factory tune..still the same engine..
I guess you missed reading the very first post In the thread...:shrug:

"upgraded with a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger, larger compressor and intercooler, freer-flowing intake, large-bore dual-pipe exhaust with electronically controlled valve and upgraded internal components"

Also curious to see how long before this thread is moved to a different subforum...

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I wonder what upgrades they did to the internals

the 2.3 in the mustang is a range-topper of sorts as far as power (compared to the Lincolns, Ford SUVs, and Taurus), but that being said it is still tuned more conservatively for mileage being the Mustang's 'eco' option. A Focus RS is a special niche performance vehicle more on par with the Mustang GT. Naturally it would have more attention to output, not mileage, especially in a lighter car.

Not only that but the competition for sporty AWD cars is intense. Every automaker is boosting fours for performance vehicles. Ford is essentially almost matching MB's 2.0T output in the baby AMGs, despite bigger (and hopefully more reliable) displacement. Golf R, Rexs, etc.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you missed reading the very first post In the thread...:shrug:

"upgraded with a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger, larger compressor and intercooler, freer-flowing intake, large-bore dual-pipe exhaust with electronically controlled valve and upgraded internal components"

Also curious to see how long before this thread is moved to a different subforum...
still the same engine.. i could install all those bolt on upgrades on the mustang 2.3 as far as the enteral up grades well see when it comes out.. just dont see the reason for when the 2.3 the way it is can easily handle 345hp now.. let me know when these are all facts and not some magazine writer throwing them out..

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Badass car for the people this car fits their needs to. All those upgrades and they only got 30bhp out of it, not good to me!

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
still the same engine.. i could install all those bolt on upgrades on the mustang 2.3 as far as the enteral up grades well see when it comes out.. just dont see the reason for when the 2.3 the way it is can easily handle 345hp now.. let me know when these are all facts and not some magazine writer throwing them out..
Oh, sorry, I thought when you said...

coming fron the factory out of the 2.3 its just a better factory tune
...you had some insight the rest of us didn't.

Also, I'm glad to hear you find internal engine mods bolt-ons...most don't...should see an impressive build from you sometime soon, I presume?

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Really? Didn't realize. That was the first outlet to specify HP numbers, no wonder. Everyone else is only saying 315bhp+
People are now claiming 345hp because a piece of ford literature for the geneva show is showing the RS rated at 350ps which is 345hp.
Sponsored