New control module updates

Jlwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium PP1
I was speaking with the Lead mechanic yesterday at my local dealership About responses from Ford engineers on my magneride issues. And he told me they we excited about some new software changes that where in final development to be released that would lock out the ECU and control modules and ban the use of aftermarket programmers. That Ford was tired of people messing with there software and were finally looking to put a stop to it. Has anyone else heard about this or when it might be coming down the pipe?
Sponsored

Horcy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang eco boost, Zenki S14, Skyline R33 GTST
I was speaking with the Lead mechanic yesterday at my local dealership About responses from Ford engineers on my magneride issues. And he told me they we excited about some new software changes that where in final development to be released that would lock out the ECU and control modules and ban the use of aftermarket programmers. That Ford was tired of people messing with there software and were finally looking to put a stop to it. Has anyone else heard about this or when it might be coming down the pipe?

Very few things, esp in tech software are truly "secure" someone somewhere will be able to hack it.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Dodge has their software "locked out" and you're still able to tune them. Just have to buy and replace the module and then you're good to go. Little extra money and work to get it done but it's possible... Ford may be heading in the same direction. But just as stated above... Someone will find a work around.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Dodge has their software "locked out" and you're still able to tune them. Just have to buy and replace the module and then you're good to go. Little extra money and work to get it done but it's possible... Ford may be heading in the same direction. But just as stated above... Someone will find a work around.
There are any number of hand held tuners for Dodge/Jeep/Ram products that allow you to tune the ECU through the OBD port. Plus there are a couple of dyno shops in my area that specialize in tuning hemis and it does not require replacing the module.
Sponsored