new computer

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm still looking LOL. I almost went with Meta PC, then Bottom Line Thermals, which seemed to have the best customer service as he anwered my questions almost immediately day or night. But they are kind of pricey and have an 8% tax rate. I then almost went with Skytech as they have decent prices and I could have upgraded a bit and got a 5800x and 3700 GPU instead of the 5600x and 3060ti for about $300 less than BLT, but after more research it sounds like this may be a bit of overkill for my needs and the 5800 runs hotter and uses more energy than the 5600. Their customer service may be suspect too as it took nearly a week for them to answer my question and then they didn't even anser all of it! I know you say to build it myelf, but I really want it done professionally this time and I also want good tech support. After more deliberation, I think I will go with metapc as they seem to have decent (but not great) customer service at least. They are a couple hundred higher than Skytech, but not that bad I guess.

Anyway Blade007, I have some questions about the build you linked above which is different than the advice I have been given. I hadn't really considered going with NVMe but it does sound better, but is also kind of pricey. Is Intel really better than AMD? I see you reference an air cooler too. I thought the water coolers were better? I also noticed you picked a lower video card than I was considering, but the RAM you chose looks to be way overkill. I was going to go with 16gb, but with 3600mhz instead of the 3200mhz that I was going to go with at first. Do you think I should up it to 32gb? I'm still thinking about going with a Corsair build, but like I said I would have to go through a 3rd party to order unless I went with one of their prebuilds. But I really like the case choises at meta too as they have the Phanteks p400a I think I would go with (not sure if I like black or white better) and they also have the Be Quiet 802 for about $75 more that looks really nice. It comes with two interchangeable tops and fronts too, but it is a huge case. I also want some rgb and not sure what is the best brand and noticed some cases come preinstalled with some rgb fans while others don't so that would be a little extra if you had to add them. BTW, there is also the wild card that some places give you a keyboard and mouse while others you have to pay for them. I don't really have to upgrade those at this point, but it would be nice. I really need to upgrade my speakers too and it looks like most mobo's have embedded sound cards, but not sure if they are sufficient if you want some good sounding audio?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
So for my customers, they deal with drawings and .pdf's that can be large.
Because video cards are at a premium now I can throw more at the chip, motherboard, and drive that will give them a better experience.
So a regular NVMe drive has write speeds of up to 3000 Mbps. The PCI-e 4 drives are over twice that amount.
The motherboard can take up to 128GBs of memory so in that config they have the hardware doing the heavy lifting and the video card pickups up the slack.
So I am putting these in construction companies and electrical companies and they love it for what it does. I honestly cannot make them fast enough.
I chose Intel since most of the apps they use are coded for intel processors.
In your situation, you can go with amd as most gamers love the hardware for that.
The board has some light-up parts and I just hook the RGB for the case directly to the board so they all can be configured to look the same
I prefer air cooling. I honestly think Noctua has one of the best air coolers on the market. While the AIO is great, if that thing ever leaks, you can lose your hardware.

I would suggest you check pcpartpicker.com and configure what you like and see if Meta has anything close to it. That site will also let you know if there are noncompatible parts so no surprises

Also, the 1TB PCI-e 4 drives have come down a lot in the last year. Also, stay away from builds that have a smaller SSD boot drive. SSD's are fastest the more free space it has

With windows 11 or even windows 10 you should get a minimum of 32Gbs of memory, especially with the price of chips today. Most boards have the built in audio. This should be sufficient but only you can say for sure.

If you want a cool case, this one uses the side panel as a 2nd or 3rd monitor :like:
https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Translucent-Customizable-Side-Panel-Resolution/dp/B08413J5QG

Last edited: