Sponsored

New 5 - OH and first speeding ticket in over a decade!

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT 10 Speed Auto Base Model (light weight baby)
Well usually when you have a dream that has some sort of symbolism in there that's a forewarning of a bad day... heed the warning :). It felt like a bad day already... everything going wrong ... happens in threes! Anyway, I was heading up I-15 North in the morning to Menifee, and there was some unusual high truck traffic. So, I give it just a weeeee bitah gas and go from 65 to 110 to pass this cluster ... then fade back down to about 85mph. Sure enough, a few miles down the road, five-0 red & blue on my tail! So I pull over, put on my mask and wait... He gets out, (this guy looked like Barney Fife) and goes to window. First thing... he has no mask! Now he's within 2 feet of me and pale as a ghost... looked sick. He asked my if there was any reason I was going 107 mph? I felt like telling him my accelerator stuck... but I told him I was just stretching her legs... been bottled up too long with this covid-19 :)

Didn't have my ID (was in the other car... forgot it) so I he just took my registration and went back to his car. I noticed he didn't even use hand sanitizer looking in the rear view mirror. I wouldn't take anything for granted.. two teens 14-17 just died in Florida yesterday from this... healthy teens... this virus is not to be taken lightly. Anyway, he finishes up... comes back to the car (still no mask) hands me the papers and tells me it's like 1 out of 2000 or 3000 that someone is going this fast... I laughed.. I have cars passing me daily when I'm going 90mph... old Toyotas, Hyundai Suvs... I don't know.. maybe he doesn't like Ford driving in a state trooper Charger :) So far the ticket is $200 dollars... have to goto traffic school to avoid points that's for sure!

This is one car that fits into Sammy Hagers tune.. 'I can't drive 55' ... seriously.. in 40 mph traffic... my foot is off the gas... the car is nearly idling :) Poor stanG is screaming to gallop! LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Whoops lol
Yeah probably going to cost $500 after all the fees... there goes my upgrades for the car :/... a lot of people were going 95 to 100mph on I-15... seriously I had people on my ass @ 90mph!
Now I'm crawling down the roads...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
One of my favorite games is to go exactly the speed limit on the freeway. Fun to watch everyone pass me by with stink faces. On ramps and country roads are where I find myself in Mexico. Freeway to work I sit in the right lane putting along. I'll never speed going someplace I don't want to be (work). Now the way home is a different story lol.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Take advantage of Covid and beat this.

CHP?

Play the game - I beat 5 CHP tickets this way getting delays, then requesting a trial, and the cop not showing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Take advantage of Covid and beat this.

CHP?

Play the game - I beat 5 CHP tickets this way getting delays, then requesting a trial, and the cop not showing.
Yeah... give me an outline of what to do exactly :)

CHP

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah probably going to cost $500 after all the fees... there goes my upgrades for the car :/... a lot of people were going 95 to 100mph on I-15... seriously I had people on my ass @ 90mph!
Now I'm crawling down the roads...
Get a radar detector, or don't speed on the highways. That's the #1 spot you get nailed lol

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Get a radar detector, or don't speed on the highways. That's the #1 spot you get nailed lol
I have a radar detector... but this CHP wasn't giving me a forewarning (I was in an open spot, after I passed the trucks, so I stood out that's for sure... first mistake... no ginny pigs ) :) Just lasared my ass.. instant.. GPS alert would of helped but I don't have that option.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you elect to go to Court - on the day of your Court Date, seek out the Prosecutor. Tell him/her you are sorry, you know you were in the wrong and that you were completely honest with the Trooper as far as speed and not having your credentials that day. Ask if he/she can just reduce your ticket to a non-moving citation or to a -0- points ticket and you’re willing to pay the other costs associated with your “mistake”.

In many instances, the Prosecutor will help out the person by reducing the citation charges based on prior driving history, how the person was with authority that day and if they believe you understand the repercussions of your actions.
Sponsored