2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The dealer I bought mine from (ordered Oct 2020, delivered April 2021) has no window stickers in any of their new vehicles, cars and trucks. Sad state of affairs when they're not willing to honor MSRP.
I'm sure to some scummy dealers that's not a big deal, but I'm pretty sure they are by law required to show the Monroney sticker in the window of the vehicle.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
kia dealers are getting adm's. KIA lmao
according to Edmunds over 80% of new cars in January were sold with an adm. people are selling used cars back to dealers for more than they paid for them. i'm not advocating paying an adm for anything especially a car as i will never do that BUT at this point to be surprised that dealers have adm's on mach 1's or that others are paying it says you're not up to speed on the market
Great summary of good and greedy dealers on this new website
https://markups.org/
Looks like the ADMs will go higher for mid-2022 year, now that FORD has production hold this week on the cars. BTW- I am still amazed how many FJG color cars are there and how few red,yellow or blue car colors are being ordered by dealers.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure how 243 cars spread around the country is considered plenty. Now breakdown transmissions (126A, 98M) and colors and the choices narrow further. There really isn’t a lot out there. Now as far as pricing, kudos to any dealer that actually lists their ADM but the others are most likely lying through their teeth. MSRP, unlikely but possible. Below MSRP, highly unlikely but you never know.
I agree there are very few 2021 models and the 2022 models have large ADMs. If all these greedy dealers end up having them on the lot for 5 to 6 month or more, I wonder are these cars any good after they have been sitting that long with no action? Not every dealer has them parked in a showroom.
BTW- Here is a 2022 Cyber Orange Mach 1 priced 10K over MSRP.
https://www.chapmanfordaz.com/detail/new/2022/Ford/Mustang/220420/CAU

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I agree there are very few 2021 models and the 2022 models have large ADMs. If all these greedy dealers end up having them on the lot for 5 to 6 month or more, I wonder are these cars any good after they have been sitting that long with no action? Not every dealer has them parked in a showroom.
BTW- Here is a 2022 Cyber Orange Mach 1 priced 10K over MSRP.
https://www.chapmanfordaz.com/detail/new/2022/Ford/Mustang/220420/CAU
It 100% matters to me and yeah maybe I’m off base but I don’t want a car that’s been sitting outside for 6+ months and not even being run.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It 100% matters to me and yeah maybe I’m off base but I don’t want a car that’s been sitting outside for 6+ months and not even being run.
Same here. Certainly not something that’s been on the lot, not protected from weather, and has randoms putting their hands all over it and wanting to sit in it.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Yeah, funny story about this. Last November, I went to my local Ford dealer because they had a Mach 1 in the showroom, and I just wanted to look at it. They convinced me to bring in my car to get a trade-in value, so I figured why not - see what they come up with. Anyway, I had no real intentions of making any kind of deal, it was a base Mach 1, not the color I wanted or any of the options I would want if spending this much on a car, and on top of all this it had a $10k markup bringing the total near $70k! Well, they tried pushing HARD, saying things like "there are no Mach 1's in a 100-mile radius," "if you don't go for this one, you will never get a Mach 1," "every Mach 1 has a markup," "you will never get a value this good for your car." Pretty much every statement they told me, I already knew was not true. I guess they figured I walked in with no knowledge or research, and as I am young I am guessing they were trying to take advantage. A simple online search showed 20 or maybe even more Mach 1's within 50 miles of me, and a simple CarMax search (which is not even the best you can do for a sale) showed I could get more for my car than they were offering. So I just sat there and smiled, let them go on and on knowing the truth behind it all. So I happily walked out of there, went home, and placed an order for exactly what I wanted from a dealer based on recommendations found through these forums, for an almost fully optioned car for about $12k less than what they had a base Mach 1 for. Of course, there is the waiting involved which actually works out better in my situation, as long as the car does not end up canceled I am happy. Oh, and the best part is that after they repeatedly tried to tell me that if I did not make a deal then and there that the car would be gone the next day, it is still sitting on the lot to this day, over 5 months later.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Did they contact you? I know a guy at the dealer and he posted a pic of it arriving on the truck. It has the stock wheels which was surprising.
No, I have not heard anything from them. Now that I have a build date, I will nor pursue anything else at this time.
Sponsored