Sponsored

New 2021 GT500 Orders

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Just wondering if any of the "new owners" are going to attend the GT500 Track Attack held at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I signed up for the July 15-16 class. So just curious if anybody from the "forum" is attending on those dates? Thanks.
Yes... @fishpick started a thread for that date. I will be there as well!
Sponsored

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
Was just reading through my GT500 book I got from Ford Performance and they mentioned the Track Attack program. I obviously had never heard of it before and can't believe that you would get to do that at "no cost" to owners of the new GT500. Has any owners of 2020 GT500's participated in the school and how did you like it? I have no intention of ever taking my car to a track, but would definitely consider going to Charlotte if Ford is providing the GT500's to drive.
the only thing i dont like is that your on the hook for 7500 damage if you wreck the car.

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
My FP blue with CFTP is scheduled for week of July 5. Canā€™t wait!

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
Good for you man. Lost of people including me have now NA when it comes to ETA.
Same here. Mine was ordered on march 18. Original build week was may 15, then may 27, then June 7 with delivery of July 15. As of last week delivery date = NA. I guess that's what happens when you are from a POOR low priority state like maine. Does me no good to get a $ 100,000.00 car in October in Maine.

Looks like I will be spending my POOR maine money on a LC 500.

Sponsored

CharlieBrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 C8 (Sold)
Same here. Mine was ordered on march 18. Original build week was may 15, then may 27, then June 7 with delivery of July 15. As of last week delivery date = NA. I guess that's what happens when you are from a POOR low priority state like maine. Does me no good to get a $ 100,000.00 car in October in Maine.

Looks like I will be spending my POOR maine money on a LC 500.
I just canceled my order and will get my deposit back. I'll wait for a 2022 instead. In the mean time I may get me a base GT and slap a Roush Super Charger.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Oh, man...gonna be LOTS of special ordered cars never delivered to those who did the ordering. šŸ˜¹

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I just canceled my order and will get my deposit back. I'll wait for a 2022 instead. In the mean time I may get me a base GT and slap a Roush Super Charger.
Do not blame you one bit. Look how bad Ford botched the bronco orders and the big release. And you did the right thing because when ford does start producing GT 500's again I predict the quality control issues will be large because Ford will be trying to pump out big numbers after losing the first half of the year.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Oh, man...gonna be LOTS of special ordered cars never delivered to those who did the ordering. šŸ˜¹
Rightfully so and well deserved. It's called being transparent and lying about build dates to try and keep orders. And now only the BIG DOLLAR dealerships will jump to the top of the list.

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Rightfully so and well deserved. It's called being transparent and lying about build dates to try and keep orders. And now only the BIG DOLLAR dealerships will jump to the top of the list.
True story: I was about to placean order for a GT500 in March when the shut downs started. Knowing that my last special order in late 2019 with no Covid issues took a full 6 months, I has. queasy feeling and trusted my instincts to find a unit already in stock. That is what I did and am glad. Depending on where folks are this strategy might work since there are still many units in stock at the dealerships all over . If you live in a cold area winter driving is no Bueno .

Sponsored

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
True story: I was about to placean order for a GT500 in March when the shut downs started. Knowing that my last special order in late 2019 with no Covid issues took a full 6 months, I has. queasy feeling and trusted my instincts to find a unit already in stock. That is what I did and am glad. Depending on where folks are this strategy might work since there are still many units in stock at the dealerships all over . If you live in a cold area winter driving is no Bueno .
The problem is with the shortage of vehicle inventory you will be paying BIG ADM to get one that a dealer has. Like I said, I will be taking my $ 100,000.00 to lexus. If Ford had just been transparent about this back in march/April I would be fine, but I should know better from any of the Big Three.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The problem is with the shortage of vehicle inventory you will be paying BIG ADM to get one that a dealer has. Like I said, I will be taking my $ 100,000.00 to lexus. If Ford had just been transparent about this back in march/April I would be fine, but I should know better from any of the Big Three.
Its just supply vs demand with lingering effects after a pandemic.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I realize that and that is something Ford can not control. But being transparent is something Ford can control.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
This is actually even bigger than just the pandemic...

Taiwan is where a major slice of the worlds semi-conductors come from - and they have been dealing with a historic drought there - to the point they actually have to shut down factories 2 days a week because there's not enough water... and the 2 primary reservoirs that supply the population are below 11 and 6% capacity - respectively. Right now lead times are edging up to 18 weeks on an order... and that's for the raw semi-conductor... then that part needs to be "built" into the product / processor / etc that is used in the car, washer, camera, whatever...

This is gonna get a LOT worse if they don't get a monsoon - and record breaking one at that - by July.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade - but I would not be ordering against an allocation for 2021 at this point in time... I'd take a bird in the hand from dealer stock. With so many F150's (their money maker) parked outside waiting for the semiconductor parts you can see them from space... and every single auto maker facing the same issue... I truly realize how lucky some of us were to get our cars this year!

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
This is actually even bigger than just the pandemic...

Taiwan is where a major slice of the worlds semi-conductors come from - and they have been dealing with a historic drought there - to the point they actually have to shut down factories 2 days a week because there's not enough water... and the 2 primary reservoirs that supply the population are below 11 and 6% capacity - respectively. Right now lead times are edging up to 18 weeks on an order... and that's for the raw semi-conductor... then that part needs to be "built" into the product / processor / etc that is used in the car, washer, camera, whatever...

This is gonna get a LOT worse if they don't get a monsoon - and record breaking one at that - by July.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade - but I would not be ordering against an allocation for 2021 at this point in time... I'd take a bird in the hand from dealer stock. With so many F150's (their money maker) parked outside waiting for the semiconductor parts you can see them from space... and every single auto maker facing the same issue... I truly realize how lucky some of us were to get our cars this year!
classic example of how our politicians have led us down the road of the United States not producing their own products anymore just so they can get rich off foreign lobbyist. And just think bill ford and 82 million assholes voted for more of this.
Sponsored