New 2021 GT500 Orders

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
Ok, you guys aren't going to believe this. I talked to the Dealer this morning and was told that mine was scheduled for ETA at Dealer week of 4/20, bc it was showing as built.
BUT, he just called me 5 minutes ago and said, "Guess What Just Showed Up"!!!
So, I am so stoked. Going down now to look at it and will pick it up on Friday morning. So much for Ford's ETA/delivery timeline system.
FishPick, man, wishing you the same LUCK.
That’s awesome, really happy for you! Pics need to be posted soon.

I am in “awaiting shipping” status. The delivery window, I am paying no attention to given the advice from everyone, is 4/12-4/18. Hoping I get lucky with a surprise delivery soon as well.
Sponsored

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Ok, just got back from dealer. Looked it over and only saw 1 minor paint defect (right in middle of hood behind scoop) a paint bubble about the size of a pin head. So, not really anything I can do about it. Anyway here is a pic (wife standing to the left). Supposed to pick it up on Friday at 12 after they remove plastic and put on splitter. I'm not going to have them wash it, bc I don't trust them to not scratch it, (salesman was in agreement on that bc when he got his new GT, he did the same).
GT500 at dealer arrival.jpg

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@fishpick, your car rolled off the assembly line today.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Come on... for real? Is this just a cruel April Fools for the crappy memes I have been positing!?!?
It is for real, congratulations.

Sponsored

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Funny, just checked the Ford link for grins on my car that just got delivered to the dealer today, and this is what the link shows.
GT500 Ford link.jpg

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
@Snoopy49 - just talked to dealer - they swear their system shows “In Production - Trim Line”

I believe you... but the Ford system is so screwed up I’m not sure what got built... I may be getting a GT 3 3/4 Fiesta with my luck...
It should show, "In Production - Produced".

When the Ford website says Built, it actually means the it has been produced and has been released from the plant for shipment. The Ford website uses many servers and they don't all get updated at the same time, so depending on what server you got sent to, you could get the old update or the latest update, which could result in different status results.

Jeff's @Tennkid car was shipped by truck and the trucking companies don't always update the delivery status immediately upon delivery. All the cars are delivered by truck, even if the were originally shipped by rail.

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
When the Ford website says Built, it actually means the it has been produced and has been released from the plant for shipment. The Ford website uses many servers and they don't all get updated at the same time, so depending on what server you got sent to, you could get the old update or the latest update, which could result in different status results.
Well this is pretty troubling. I’m on day eight of being ‘in production’. I checked today and looked like I had hit ‘built’. Just to be sure, I refreshed the page and I went back to ‘in production’. I thought I had imagined the whole thing but I am now not so sure. Crazy system and pretty poorly designed if this is the case.

My dealer is not great at giving me any information, so I’m patiently waiting it out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Well this is pretty troubling. I’m on day eight of being ‘in production’. I checked today and looked like I had hit ‘built’. Just to be sure, I refreshed the page and I went back to ‘in production’. I thought I had imagined the whole thing but I am now not so sure. Crazy system and pretty poorly designed if this is the case.

My dealer is not great at giving me any information, so I’m patiently waiting it out.
I just checked are the car has still not been produced.

Concerning the Ford website, when the car has been built (Produced and released for shipment) there will be a check mark under In Production and dot in the circle below Built.

This is your cars status a couple of minutes ago.

Ophidian's Car Status 04-06-2021.jpg

This is an example of what a Built status looks like.

2021 GT500 Built Example.jpg

Last edited:

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Fords site is def delayed. Mine doesn't even show in production on there. But after an email to Ford performance, it for sure is IN PRODUCTION. They didn't provide any further details. But my dealer actually checked out of his own curiosity and he said he believes it's in paint.

I just wish Ford had a factory pick up option like Mercedes, BMW, Corvette, etc offer. That would really be cool! Oh well! Congrats to those who have recieved their order!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Fords site is def delayed. Mine doesn't even show in production on there. But after an email to Ford performance, it for sure is IN PRODUCTION. They didn't provide any further details. But my dealer actually checked out of his own curiosity and he said he believes it's in paint.
I just checked Fords website and you are in production.

P4mnceblue82 status 04-06-2021.jpg

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
@Snoopy49 - apparently your geographic region on the West Coast pins you to a server Ford actually updates - cause when I hit the status page STILL does not show that it's "produced" in any way shape or form.
Now - if I hit the German site - it does have a produced date of 4/6...

2021-04-07_09-27-16.png

I get it - computers are hard... yea Ford.
Sponsored