New 2019 w/600 miles

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Funny - Since you got a great deal, you insist that no one else should pay more than you? Is that to make you feel good or something?
Where exactly did I state no one else should pay more? I said I wouldn’t pay more. And your God damn right I feel fantastic about it. Someone got a complex or what? Move along and stop trying to twist people’s words with your own delusions to make you feel okay about getting ass raped by the stealership. Jesus Christ some people need a life outside this forum.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
he said no such thing. He struck at the opportune time (planet alignment, financial outlook) to get a good deal. The rest of you paying MSRP or more were way too late to the game, didn't look far enough afield, or wanted a 2020 or what have you.

Cars are durable consumer goods no different than a washer or dryer. Nobody "should" be paying MSRP let alone more but obviously the law of supply and demand has different curves at different points in time and locale. Thanks to the magic of Capitalism every transaction involved 2 willing participants.

If people who paid under MSRP want to feel smug, that's their prerogative. If those who took it in the rear without lube want to pat themselves on the back over whatever deal they got, then they are free to feel that way.
I get it - but when I smell bullshit in the air, I do my homework. The internet is full of people trying to make themselves look or feel good at the expense of others and this is no different. Simply pointing out how douchey it sounded - if I'm wrong, then my bad.

Where exactly did I state no one else should pay more? I said I wouldn’t pay more. And your God damn right I feel fantastic about it. Someone got a complex or what? Move along and stop trying to twist people’s words with your own delusions to make you feel okay about getting ass raped by the stealership. Jesus Christ some people need a life outside this forum.
@Evil_E - So here is a quote from YOU. Is it $6k or $4600? I know, not much of a difference but it absolutely seems like you're posting lies in order to make yourself feel good or to hold others down. Just let me know which one was the lie, lol. I don't need to twist your words, you do it just fine!

I managed $4600 off MSRP on the 2019 R I took delivery of yesterday. So the deals are out there. I'm Texas where a lot of deals seem to be had.

I know of a dealer in North Texas that has a 19 R that I had him down to 67000 +ttl FPB, white stripe, carbon IP car. PM if you want the dealer details.
I'll give you a minute to get your story straight and make up some excuse.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Whew - welcome to my idio...I mean, Ignore list.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I get it - but when I smell bullshit in the air, I do my homework. The internet is full of people trying to make themselves look or feel good at the expense of others and this is no different. Simply pointing out how douchey it sounded - if I'm wrong, then my bad.

@Evil_E - So here is a quote from YOU. Is it $6k or $4600? I know, not much of a difference but it absolutely seems like you're posting lies in order to make yourself feel good or to hold others down. Just let me know which one was the lie, lol. I don't need to twist your words, you do it just fine!

4600 of the sticker. Taxes off my 13 sale takes it to almost 6k I saved. Yes, you right, 4600 off the MSRP for your records. Nonetheless, i didn’t pay MSRP or over for a new 19. Should I post my paper work to satisfy you? Or how about call Mac Haik Ford in DeSoto Texas. Again, live a little outside the forum dude. There’s a whole big world out there that doesn’t put these cars on such a pedestal to justify paying stupid money for them.
Keep an eye on the 500. Hype is over and prices are dropping. This time next year they will be everywhere for good deals.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Well this got interesting fast! I understand that there was a nice window where some guys got these cars well under MSRP. Bummer it’s not my time.

However I can’t complain because when I originally left my 2017 GT350 for a 2017 Z06 I bought at $69k. 17 months later and 6k miles and 6 track events I sold for $65k. Had I done the sale prior to COVID the market tanked on the Z06 with the C8 coming out and I was offered $53.5k last January.

Sure I didn’t make my money back but I feel like I got away with murder with what I did with the car and how much I got back. So I’m ok with winning some and losing some. I still don’t think I’d pay MSRP for this car in question. Thanks to some good coaching on here, $1k under for the build my wife and I both love for a 19 MY is something we would be able to live with.

Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293

One more thing. Thanks for spending your life here to keep me and others honest and accurate. Your so cool dude. Keep paying MSRP + adm, I don’t care, it’s your money.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
One more thing. Thanks for spending your life here to keep me and others honest and accurate. Your so cool dude. Keep paying MSRP + adm, I don’t care, it’s your money.
You guys made your points. It was really a very helpful conversation for me prior to the crossing of the swords between you both. Chill guys!

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
You guys made your points. It was really a very helpful conversation for me prior to the crossing of the swords between you guys. Chill guys!
Dicks are dicks, they can’t help it. Sorry for derailing your thread.
Make sure you get a good deal. No reason for not getting one on a left over 19.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry man - cant help it when I see someone patting themselves on the back so hard - screams tacky...and then wasn't even true in the end so...

Anyway - you'll get the car you're after, I'm sure. There are some great resources on here, specifically an awesome spreadsheet that will help you track down EXACTLY the spec you want. There are a few outliers but generally, I think most will agree that MSRP for an "actual" new R is still fair. Of course, get the best deal you can and good luck!

I've learned something from shopping over the years...When the dealer has you in the showroom,they think they have the most power...Actually YOU have the most power when you are there because they will be relucant to let you leave if you're making real offers. You just need to be ready to walk out if it isn't what you want. I've used the, "I'm in town until 3 this afternoon and then driving to xxxxwhereverxxxx..Give me a call if we can make a deal", move with some success.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I'm sorry, but to me a 2019 R with 600 miles on it is not new. I get its the color and spec you want, but right now I think you can get a "new" 2020 for MSRP. Personally I think MSRP is still a good deal for these cars. Finding one for "5-7K" under is not as common as some people are making it out to be.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Finding one for "5-7K" under is not as common as some people are making it out to be.
it WAS common. But now, not so much. The same dealers who were discounting 7K last winter are asking over MSRP this winter. Go figure.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
it WAS common. But now, not so much. The same dealers who were discounting 7K last winter are asking over MSRP this winter. Go figure.
It sure was. Especially when I got mine in October 2019. Tons of others got great deals during that time as well. I canceled a 2020 non-R because the deal was so good and the color combo was spot on.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
It sure was. Especially when I got mine in October 2019. Tons of others got great deals during that time as well. I canceled a 2020 non-R because the deal was so good and the color combo was spot on.
And this is the damnedest thing about all of this, now if I decided to not buy a new R and do a pre owned I’d be getting an even worse deal because of the used car market right now!

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
And this is the damnedest thing about all of this, now if I decided to not buy a new R and do a pre owned I’d be getting an even worse deal because of the used car market right now!
I think the used car market deals can be found in some private sales. Dealer sales on the other hand, you are right, some crazy high prices going on right now. What matters in the end is how you feel about the purchase, how it settles with you. And of course the market is going to be a factor at the time of purchase.
Sponsored