Sponsored

New 2019 w/600 miles

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I came across a 2019 that is listed as new, but 600 miles. Dealership says the owner of the store was planning to keep it himself but decided to now sell. It has never been titled, warranty clock has not started.

Is this a terrible idea to pursue this car with this type of history or would this be something to seriously consider it the price is “right”?
Sponsored

Ratchet27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang and 1998 Cobra
Should have a good discount. Otherwise walk away.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I came across a 2019 that is listed as new, but 600 miles. Dealership says the owner of the store was planning to keep it himself but decided to now sell. It has never been titled, warranty clock has not started.

Is this a terrible idea to pursue this car with this type of history or would this be something to seriously consider it the price is “right”?
What kind of deal is offered? Is it one of your color/option choices?

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
What kind of deal is offered? Is it one of your color/option choices?
I couldn’t have speced it out any better. Every single box checked from exterior to interior.

I would like to believe it was actually driven by the owner and I’d HOPE he knows how to properly break an engine in. I bet it’s easy for them to tell that story, but the thought of the owner giving the keys to his hot receptionist for the night kinda stuff scares me. Probably over thinking it.

If you were me and the story checks good, would it not be fair to offer an in between price for what a new and a used car of this build would be fair based off of KBB?

Thanks!

Ratchet27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
I couldn’t have speced it out any better. Every single box checked from exterior to interior.

I would like to believe it was actually driven by the owner and I’d HOPE he knows how to properly break an engine in. I bet it’s easy for them to tell that story, but the thought of the owner giving the keys to his hot receptionist for the night kinda stuff scares me. Probably over thinking it.

If you were me and the story checks good, would it not be fair to offer an in between price for what a new and a used car of this build would be fair based off of KBB?

Thanks!
Definitely needs to be price well below MSRP.

I’ve found a 2019 or two with less then ten miles 6-7k below MSRP. So, I’d expect a pretty good discount for a new car with 600 likely hard miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Definitely needs to be price well below MSRP.

I’ve found a 2019 or two with less then ten miles 6-7k below MSRP. So, I’d expect a pretty good discount for a new car with 600 likely hard miles.
That’s what I was thinking. It is an R model BTW. I’m still thinking $5.5k under sticker is reasonable.

Ratchet27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I was thinking. It is an R model BTW. I’m still thinking $5.5k under sticker is reasonable.
A Gt350R? That probably changes things a bit.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Snag that R under MSRP. I wouldn't worry about the 600 miles. Even if it wasn't broken in properly you can seat the rings still with less than 1000 miles although it's ideal after 100 miles. As the owner I would think he knows how to break in an engine (or so you would think) and you can ask him.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yes sir it’s an R. When you say it changes it a bit, you mean more in their favor?
It's the last model year so they may pull the "this car will never be made again even at 600 miles its still new and won't come below MSRP". I'd just bring up the factors of not knowing who or how the car was driven and make a solid offer to show you are serious. It's almost 2021 so they will be looking to move before end of year.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO 600 miles IS new. Since the records will show it's new and the warranty clock won't start until you purchase it, I would say this is virtually the same as any other new car.

As far as break in procedures, that's a hit or miss. Lots of people on here do a different procedure than I do, so obviously there are many well intentioned owners who still do it wrong. :wink:

I think the bottom line is for you to look over the car really well and get the best feel you can for it. Since this is a special car, ask them to at least put it on a lift so you can look underneath it as well. Try hard to get a test drive. If they let you do it you will know that others have probably test driven it. Factor that in.

That's what I've got.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
IMO 600 miles IS new. Since the records will show it's new and the warranty clock won't start until you purchase it, I would say this is virtually the same as any other new car.

As far as break in procedures, that's a hit or miss. Lots of people on here do a different procedure than I do, so obviously there are many well intentioned owners who still do it wrong. :wink:

I think the bottom line is for you to look over the car really well and get the best feel you can for it. Since this is a special car, ask them to at least put it on a lift so you can look underneath it as well. Try hard to get a test drive. If they let you do it you will know that others have probably test driven it. Factor that in.

That's what I've got.
Thanks for your thoughts. I live opposite side of the country but I fly for an airline so flying out is an option. I’d first want them to accept an offer contingent on in person inspection checking out good.

I might ask them what their test drive policy is to see if it’s been out much. I called for mileage check today and the battery was dead. I’d say I hasn’t seen much action all.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Finally spoke to GM, they want $5k over! Told them to call me when they’d sell under MSRP.
Ya $5k over for a 19 at this point is waiting for a sucker buyer. Even if it is an R. My approach has always been to let the dealership know that it's nothing but a piece of metal and ask them if they want to move metal or collect it? Because you'll find another piece just like it. Let them know you'll start signing papers now for X dollars (your offer under MSRP). That'll get the GM thinking about moving metal.
Sponsored