Neighbor is watering my car

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
We're not talking a fluctuation in water pressure, the whole thing was covered in deep water spots and silt.

Her water connection has to be going through the ground somehow, there was literally fine silicate particles where the wiper stopped. The whole car looked like a shower with hard water spots that hadn't been cleaned in 4 years.

I went and washed the car, scrubbed sprayed, dried and when I was done there's still hard water spots on the windshield and all over the car.

This is BS and yes I talked to her but I don't think she gives a shit.

Problems is my old truck must stay in the single car garage, old fords like to rust. I've parked as far away as I can from her yard. I don't want to leave the car on the street.

I can get it clean, the thing that pisses me off is when you get that much dirt on your car in a single day if it that continues to happen it's going to screw my paint.

Would I have a chance in court if this continued, gonna give her the benefit of the doubt but I'm quite irate.

Also, is there some kind of Polish I could on to prevent future water damage?

I should probably just sell the truck until I can get into a house with a bigger garage.
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
So cant you call the local police and complain. Her watering is actually damaging your property(and apperently crossing your property line) so I think you have more then a leg to stand on I would think.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Polish angel is a good polish and paint protector, but if she is also sending fine granules of silica, it give you more chances of scratches at the smallest touch. An alternative, is to ask her to pay for a car cover of your choice to protect your car from her watering. It is an inexpensive solution to relocating her sprinklers.

Last edited:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Are you saying her sprinklers are shooting over there?

Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I used straight vinegar to remove hard water spots when I first got my car in 2014.. My GT is black so it is particularly noticeable. Of course that had to be followed up with a polish/wax.

I've since been using a rinseless wash system so my car never sees a hose now. But I'm fortunate to have a garage so the process is so much easier.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Have the police come over and warn her. I would be pissed too.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you saying her sprinklers are shooting over there?
X2... ??

If it's her in ground sprinkler heads - wait until dark when she's asleep, go to the offending sprinkler head, on top of it there are slots or adjusting pots with adjusting arrows for directional rotation AND nozzle distance. Using a small flashlight and a Phillips head or slotted screw driver, turn the adjusting pot(s) all the way to closed for the rotation (the head won't rotate but will be in a fixed position) and for the nozzle, all the way to reduced distance (stream won't go 10ft but will be 2ft now).

If you can't see or find the adjusting screws but see slots, using a flat head screw driver or a pick with a hooked end, insert it into the slot then pull the head straight up. This will allow you to manually pull the head out of the cylinder it rests in. Once you have the head, turn it opposite of the way it's facing. This will be trial and error and you won't know which way it's going to shoot until its operational again.

The other thing you could do to get a point across - remove the head completely by grasping the top base and turning it counterclockwise... when her system turns on she'll have geysers across the yard. You'd probably want to move your car and video the show....

As for the water spots:
Griots Garage makes some good stuff to remove water spots from glass. Get their product and glass pads, with minimal effort it works. Sure you can use vinegar on glass, but it's tedious and who wants their car smelling like a rolling douche...

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Why don't you just ask her if you can adjust the sprinkler heads? If you go an physically change her sprinklers without her permission you are no better than her watering your car, and you would be trespassing.

Sucks that you have to deal with this, but remember most people are not enthusiast and have no idea why this would be an issue.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
bring her a couple of buckets and some cleaning supply. Maybe, she'll finish the job

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI if there is a breeze or wind water from even properly adjusted sprinklers may drift to your driveway. How about a fence along that portion of the driveway? Or a waterproof car cover during the sprinkler time period? The silt could be dust in the air sticking to the water.

My Ruby Red 2015 got "sprinklered" at a hotel during its first year. Took a lot of work to remove the water spots so I feel your pain.
Sponsored