Sponsored

Need urgent help with PMAS intake with BAMA!!

PROJECTeleven

KCCO DFW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twentyseventeen gt/pp
As long as you dont get code: ID10-T you should be good.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Are you automatic? They changed shift firmness if so - it's going to feel a bit more harsh on shifts, especially the 1-2 shift. The vehicle has to relearn the idle after flashing a new tune. I've never had one idle perfectly immediately after a flash and I've used quite a few big name tuners.
Yes, my car is automatic!

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
:doh:

Nothing wrong with Bama for lightly modded cars. There wouldn't be so many "issues" if people data logged their shit and got revisions before going online and placing blame. That goes for EVERY tuner. The amount of volume that Bama does is exponentially higher than most other tuners. Think of all the new kids heading to American Muscle with no idea what they're doing. Of course you'll hear of more "problems".
Since I am legit new to tunes, I was not sure what I was doing. And was more on worried side.

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
You're panicking over nothing.

If you haven't gotten a revised tune from BAMA for the intake, you're doing it wrong.

If you have, and you haven't driven it at least 100 miles for the new tune to learn, you're doing it wrong.

And since you haven't replied to the question of what sort of transmission you have, it's much harder to answer your questions.

Anyways, good luck. I've gotten great service from BAMA, their service is top notch.
Thank you. The tune is currently with intake and exhaust and I got the tune with those mods included. Currently I only have 10 miles driven si far , and the cat is automatic.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
You generally need to drive the car for awhile to allow the ECU to adapt to the new tune. And it needs to relearn the idle strategy.

You didn't even wait until CHTs were in operating range. Nothing you've mentioned sounds abnormal.
Yeah as I read the replys I think I was overacting with not knowing what I am doing. And what is the CHT? Got lots of things to learn

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah as I read the replys I think I was overacting with not knowing what I am doing. And what is the CHT? Got lots of things to learn
Basically I've been told it can take up to 50 miles for the ECU to fully adapt the the tune AND your driving style. When you load a new tune, you should let the car reach full operating temp (which means, oil temp normal, cylinder head temps 180-200 degrees). Let it idle more for at least minute. Then turn on your AC and idle for at least one more minute. Then drive it for awhile, mostly normal driving. I wouldn't go WOT right off the bat.

After you've done all that and the ECU has had time to adapt, the datalog your tune with Bama. If they say all is good, then time to enjoy.

I think most likely you're overreacting. Give it time to run and see where you're at. Any questions ask Bama and they'll set you straight.

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Basically I've been told it can take up to 50 miles for the ECU to fully adapt the the tune AND your driving style. When you load a new tune, you should let the car reach full operating temp (which means, oil temp normal, cylinder head temps 180-200 degrees). Let it idle more for at least minute. Then turn on your AC and idle for at least one more minute. Then drive it for awhile, mostly normal driving. I wouldn't go WOT right off the bat.

After you've done all that and the ECU has had time to adapt, the datalog your tune with Bama. If they say all is good, then time to enjoy.

I think most likely you're overreacting. Give it time to run and see where you're at. Any questions ask Bama and they'll set you straight.
Thank you. Do you know the normal intake inlet temp for PMAS intake?
I tried to called them, but they never answer.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
msg Nick James on FB, he can tell you everything about PMAS since he designed it. He's a member on most Coyote FB pages.
Sponsored