Sponsored

Need help remembering the front license plate bracket that I purchased.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Hi guys,

I need help with my front license plate bracket.

I purchased it from a recommendation from this forum. It's not Sto N Sho, but a different brand.

Last Thursday my car was hit by someone while it was parked in the lot at my work. It looks like a weird hit as the bumper cover is cracked and the grill is broken, but no other visible damage. The owner of the body shop thinks maybe it's a truck/SUV with a rear tow hitch or a step bumper on the hitch.

Anyway, I dropped the car off at the body shop today but realized that the front plate is attached using a bracket that was mounted using double-sided tape.

I don't remember the name of the bracket that I got, and was wondering if anyone here can recall the name of the company.

I would remove the bracket, clean off the tape and re-install on the new bumper, but:

1. I don't think the body shop will want to do that for me,
2. I would rather not attach the double-sided tape to the freshly painted bumper until it fully cures (what is it? like 30 days or something?)

Thanks for any helps,

-Sage

1643764845050.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that the identity of the bracket is resolved... The rant...

I NEVER EEEEEEEEEVER park my car ANYWHERE except the EXTREME ENDS of the parking spots, WAAAY out in the corner...

But of course last Thursday, I had to bring in a 3/4" plywood panel from the car through the back entrance to my classroom...

I said to myself, "The first spot in front of the back door is vacant. why don't you move the car to there so you can do a short walk carrying that 4'x4' piece of 3/4" plywood?"

I said back to myself, "no... some kid or parent may ding me, or hit my bumper".

"It's fiiiine... It's past 3pm, kids have left..."

So I move my car... I bring the panel in, to use it on my laser engraver, and then around 5pm, I leave work.
I always park backward into the spot (as I am sure most Mustang owners do) so my back wheel is to the curb, so when I left, I approached the car from the rear, didn't notice anything, went home. I park nose first to my garage door, so no way I would be hit. I thought the headlamp was aiming a bit high, so I double-checked that my high beam wasn't on... go inside the home.

I came out the next morning to dump the recycling bin before leaving for work. I notice that the side of the bumper looks a bit popped out. I walk around to the front to see the damage!

#$%#!!!!

I come to work and scan the parking lot. It looks like the custodians swept the lot (as they always do), but I do find a huge piece of my grill next to the curb near the place where I was parked... I realized now that there were after-school sports games going on and school buses and parents dropping kids off... Son of a...

I don't understand why people do this... I mean, look the F back when you back up! Beit physically turning around and/or looking at your rear-view display. A month ago, a student of mine complained that she was driving through the student lot and another student backed out without paying attention, hitting her. This other kid had a backup camera!!!

Anyway, I would be normally livid, but after what we all went through the last 2 years, I felt that me losing my #$%$ over this would be pointless, especially since I have no idea who did it.

The thing that sucks even more is that I did buy a dashcam that I installed last spring. But the POS cam overheated in the summer and hung up. I was okay that it was working fine over the fall, but now that it's super cold, the battery just won't last or charge so that the camera did not catch anything.

I asked the assistant principal if we have cameras pointed into the parkinglot, and the answer was no...

I am upset because I baby my mustang and no matter how careful I am, I still get it damaged through none of my own faults. I know that I didn't get my car to be a garage queen because I wanted to drive it, but that also doesn't mean that I treat my car like crap.

Thank you. This was very cathartic.

Sponsored

Mariner46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Bummer! I feel your pain have had a few damages in parking lots with no knowledge of the perp. What also "frost my cookies" is the moron that parks right next to you in an empty parking lot. With all the empty spaces, why park next to the only car in lot. Why? I try to park away from the crowd to avoid dents and dings. Unfortunately I have encountered these morons more than once. Recently parked at the empty section of lot and came out to find this. They walk among us.
IMG_4348.jpeg

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Bummer! I feel your pain have had a few damages in parking lots with no knowledge of the perp. What also "frost my cookies" is the moron that parks right next to you in an empty parking lot. With all the empty spaces, why park next to the only car in lot. Why? I try to park away from the crowd to avoid dents and dings. Unfortunately I have encountered these morons more than once. Recently parked at the empty section of lot and came out to find this. They walk among us.
IMG_4348.jpeg
I have a theory that its people who need a car to line up with. Ie they end up double parked by themselves.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi guys,

I need help with my front license plate bracket.

I purchased it from a recommendation from this forum. It's not Sto N Sho, but a different brand.

Last Thursday my car was hit by someone while it was parked in the lot at my work. It looks like a weird hit as the bumper cover is cracked and the grill is broken, but no other visible damage. The owner of the body shop thinks maybe it's a truck/SUV with a rear tow hitch or a step bumper on the hitch.

Anyway, I dropped the car off at the body shop today but realized that the front plate is attached using a bracket that was mounted using double-sided tape.

I don't remember the name of the bracket that I got, and was wondering if anyone here can recall the name of the company.

I would remove the bracket, clean off the tape and re-install on the new bumper, but:

1. I don't think the body shop will want to do that for me,
2. I would rather not attach the double-sided tape to the freshly painted bumper until it fully cures (what is it? like 30 days or something?)

Thanks for any helps,

-Sage

1643764845050.png
No cams in the lot or on buildings to review footage to see who hit your car?

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cams in the lot or on buildings to review footage to see who hit your car?
I asked my assistant principal, he said no, which sounds crazy that we are a school. We do have cameras right inside the rear door. The principal did say that she wanted to limit the track use from the people in the district during the school hours because we can't see who is coming or going in the back of the school. Funny thing is, I do see a camera (looks massively old though, gigantic), in the corner of the building.

I am annoyed as the same goes for my senior that got hit by another student backing out of a spot. There are no cameras directed at the parkinglots. Fortunately for her, there were tons of witnesses.

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_4348.jpeg
I believe this was an actual thread on here. I have MANY photos of people parking their car right next to me, in a wide open parkinglot. And they almost always park so that their driver's side dooe is facing our cars!

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked my assistant principal, he said no, which sounds crazy that we are a school. We do have cameras right inside the rear door. The principal did say that she wanted to limit the track use from the people in the district during the school hours because we can't see who is coming or going in the back of the school. Funny thing is, I do see a camera (looks massively old though, gigantic), in the corner of the building.

I am annoyed as the same goes for my senior that got hit by another student backing out of a spot. There are no cameras directed at the parkinglots. Fortunately for her, there were tons of witnesses.

Like I said before, I even installed a dashcam, but the POS would lock up during hot summers and in the winter, the battery will not charge enough. I ran a hardwire to the fusebox, but that combined with the parasitic draw that the car has, would run the car's battery down to the point where the car would go into "sleep" mode, where the passendger door handle refuses to unlock anymore, so I put the hardwire to an ignition on output. At least I got my money back from the manufacturer when I left a negative comment on amazon.
Sponsored