ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic
Hi All,

When converting my interior lights to the LEDs from Diode Dynamics, I must've blown a fuse. I got the map lights and vanity lights working until a mishap with the glove compartment bulb blew the fuse lol. The map lights, vanity, trunk and glove lights all went dead. :headbonk:

I looked through the forum and replaced fuse #1 as others had mentioned (labeled Demand Lamps in the owners manual). That brought the map lights back but none of the other lights have come back...plus, the Homelink system isn't working either. Just curious if anybody here knows if there is another fuse which controls the vanity, glove, trunk, and Homelink system. I called Ford Customer Service and they didn't know the answer :shrug:

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Maybe get a tester and test each fuse, this is usually easy to do in most cars haven't tried in this one yet. Are there fuses under the dash and under the hood? theres one somewhere just need to find it. forgot to mention holy smokes man! you're blowing fuses changing bulbs?!?

OP
OP

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
Maybe get a tester and test each fuse, this is usually easy to do in most cars haven't tried in this one yet. Are there fuses under the dash and under the hood? theres one somewhere just need to find it. forgot to mention holy smokes man! you're blowing fuses changing bulbs?!?
Haha...yeah, seems like it isn't uncommon based on a few threads similar to this one :thumbsup:

Thanks! I didn't know there was such a thing as a tester...will look one up

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
if you have a multimeter that works but usually the auto parts stores have a cheap probe with a clip for a ground on one side and the probe end on the other to test for power, the little light bulb in the handle lights up when it hits some voltage, most cases you will find a fuse with power on one side and not the other. that be your problem

Sponsored

OP
OP

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
I had the same thing happen to me Please tell me you found a fuse and you can give me that information.
Hey saintsokwitit...I went to O'Reilly's and bought a fuse tester (not sure if that is the correct term haha) to test each fuse. Once I figured out which one was dead, I replaced it. Make sure you buy the right size fuse for the replacement. It actually wasn't very hard. Good luck!

Gene

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Fuse tester... can't you just eyeball it to see if the metal connector is broken? Or are these different types of fuses (I haven't pulled one out yet, thankfully).