Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I have these on all 4 wheels.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
I believe they're the "coyote" brand you can buy on Americanmuscle.
The "fitment" is flawless.

20mm might not seem like a lot, but it ended giving me the exact offset/stance I was looking for.
(I have the 19x8.5 black accent pack wheels)(don't know if yours are a different offset)

I originally had 1Ā¼ inchers in the rear, but they were too wide. I liked it better than that stock tucked in look, but eventually it got to me and I took a flyer on the 20mm ones and I'm glad I did.
Don't think that going less than an inch isn't noticeable; it is.
How long did your front studs measure? Did you cut your studs?
Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
No stud cutting at all.
I would NEVER alter the studs just for the sake of spacers..
Cuz like you said; at some point, you might get aftermarket wheels with the right offset and spacers become obsolete.

I just bolted the spacer onto the hub with the supplied lugs, and then used the OEM lugs to bolt the wheels to the spacers.
Your stock wheels should have spaces in between the lug openings to accommodate the cars studs.
Mine did, as did the wheels I bought for my Nissan back in the day.
The hubs, spacers, and wheels should line up perfectly and bolt to each other tight and even. No trimming or cutting should be necessary.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Still doesn't make sense to me. Adding a spacer between the hub and the wheel should make the effective stud length shorter.
But as long as you've got a handle on it do what you have to and enjoy.
True .............. BUT the stud is a 1.5, his spacer is 1.0 get it ? It is all about the thickness of the spacer.

OP you want the wheel and tire to be flush ?

What are the rims now staggered 10.5 & 11.0, the wheel the same as the PP2

If yes, leave well enough alone, spend your $$ on performance. Spacers are trouble, already finding you need to hack the wheel studs............ hello !

DSC_0021.JPG

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Yea, under no circumstances whatsoever should you consider trimming the factory studs.

I'll admit I'm a little confused, I can't understand why the wheels wouldn't fit after the spacers have been added. Every wheel I've ever seen has spaces cut out on the back which leave plenty of room for the cars studs to fit into and allow you to get the wheel flush onto the spacer .

If you can't get it to fit perfectly, abandon it completely.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
No stud cutting at all.
I would NEVER alter the studs just for the sake of spacers..
Cuz like you said; at some point, you might get aftermarket wheels with the right offset and spacers become obsolete.

I just bolted the spacer onto the hub with the supplied lugs, and then used the OEM lugs to bolt the wheels to the spacers.
Your stock wheels should have spaces in between the lug openings to accommodate the cars studs.
Mine did, as did the wheels I bought for my Nissan back in the day.
The hubs, spacers, and wheels should line up perfectly and bolt to each other tight and even. No trimming or cutting should be necessary.
The nickel luster wheels dont have thatšŸ˜ž. Glad it worked for you

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
True .............. BUT the stud is a 1.5, his spacer is 1.0 get it ? It is all about the thickness of the spacer.

OP you want the wheel and tire to be flush ?

What are the rims now staggered 10.5 & 11.0, the wheel the same as the PP2

If yes, leave well enough alone, spend your $$ on performance. Spacers are trouble, already finding you need to hack the wheel studs............ hello !

DSC_0021.JPG
I so wished they were that wide, if so would be happy. They are 9-9.5 wide. The PP2 wheels were flush from the factory. And yes will just wait to get wider wheels

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Yea, under no circumstances whatsoever should you consider trimming the factory studs.

I'll admit I'm a little confused, I can't understand why the wheels wouldn't fit after the spacers have been added. Every wheel I've ever seen has spaces cut out on the back which leave plenty of room for the cars studs to fit into and allow you to get the wheel flush onto the spacer .

If you can't get it to fit perfectly, abandon it completely.
Abandoned

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I so wished they were that wide, if so would be happy. They are 9-9.5 wide. The PP2 wheels were flush from the factory. And yes will just wait to get wider wheels
That's a good thought, right there you'll be $$$ ahead in the long run . Enjoy the new ride :champagne:
Sponsored