Sponsored

Need advice on vertical links (brand, materials)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help with forum pricing if you are interested in ordering today!

TJ
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help with forum pricing if you are interested in ordering today!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help anyone with a forum discount that is interested in ordering today! Shoot me an email at [email protected] & let's get you hooked up!

Best Regards,

TJ

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Hello. I plan on installing BMR CB010 cradle lockout Level 1, Steeda alignment kit, may or may not do LCA bearing from Steeda or the standard from BMR. I am looking at BMR and J&M for vertical links. Anybody have experience with J&M? Their links are priced very competitively even against BMR's sale price which is why I am looking at them. I also noticed that BMR comes with bolts and the other brands such as J&M and Steeda don't. Also the torque settings differ in the top bolt with BMR being 81 and others being 76. Is there any advantage or real difference with this?
Also I need help in deciding if I should do spherical or delrin. I saw Steeda only does Delrin and wonder why. BMR and J&M offer both. I definitely want to put power to the ground the best and I hear spherical is the way to go. But then I hear that sphericals clunk. I read that Delrin is self-lubricating? Does that mean spherical isn't? I also read that Delrin squeaks. Then on BMR site says not to install Delrin without addressing rear LCA front bushing and toe knuckle bushing as it can increase NVH and stress, and toe and geometry changes. Delrin needs supporting modifications.
I would just like the best option as far as low maintenance, simplicity, reliability, durability, and no noise.
Thank you.

And Merry Christmas!

Joe
That’s the thread I was looking for. You asked all the questions that I wanted to ask :)

BMR’s cradle bushing lockout kit (cb005) is where I will start and I will complement this with polyurethane vertical links. Now I need to decide whether those links will be BMR, Boomba or Steeda (the order is random!).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been extremely happy with the BMR TCA048 links. Great performance and price! Also the only links that are greaseable while still on the car!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The only thing that I don’t like about the BMR polyurethane vertical links is that they are made of steel instead of aluminum. I don’t really know how much they weigh or if the weight of vertical links plays a role in performance, but I prefer the looks of the ones made of aluminum.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that I don’t like about the BMR polyurethane vertical links is that they are made of steel instead of aluminum. I don’t really know how much they weigh or if the weight of vertical links plays a role in performance, but I prefer the looks of the ones made of aluminum.
They are tubular steel vs billet aluminum. The aluminum may be slightly lighter but you're talking ounces between both sides, not pounds. I did not weigh mine before installing but they did not feel much heavier than the stock ones. The weight difference wouldn't be noticeable for performance even by a pro driver. Steel is also more resilient and has better fatigue properties than aluminum, although it is likely not an issue for this part.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda Vertical links use a special urethane bushing which requires no additional lube once installed.
Furthermore, our bushing is much larger than others on the market to provide smoother and less friction through jounce and rebound.
Endorsed, by the top winning road racers,autocross competitors and HPDE enthusiasts!
Steeda Tech

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@SteedaTech can you get back to me on my PM? You convinced me!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Just to provide some data.

The Stock Vertical Links come in at 1lb 9.4oz.
The BMR Poly 048 Links come in at 1lb 5.8oz.

The Polyurethane bushings on the BMR Links are 2" OD and utilize a 1" OD center sleeve.

While we designed our bushings to retain grease for a long time, we provide grease fittings to ensure the end-user can easily add new fresh lube to the pieces if they are to ever have wash-out, push-out or simply to ensure the grease is not overly contaminated. We have learned a lot over the past 20+ years and one of those things is that you can never go wrong with fresh and clean quality grease :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered the BMR IRS cradle bushing lockout kit (CB005) and I hope to be able to fit it before my summer vacation next week. I have read so many positive reviews that I cannot wait to have it on the car. Polyurethane vertical links will come next, after I test the lockout kit for a few days or a couple of weeks. Kelly @BMR Tech thanks for answering my questions and for your advise on FB.

arfabe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Do the BMR spherical/spherical (TCA045) vertical links have to be greased? How often?
Sponsored