Sponsored

Need advice on Bama for stock 2017 Mustang v6 (Man-6spd)

mich.g.pan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6 standard P-051A
Hello,

Looking into a Bama tuner from AM and the included tune package for a 2017 v6 with the 6 speed manual, 3.15 gears and a bone stock setup.

Reviewing the benefits of the performance and race tunes that are included with the tuner.

First, I'm Not going to the track anytime soon. This car will be driven "Street 100%" and some back country fun. A lot of the positive reviews seem to be automatic transmission program related and this just doesn't apply too me. The AT shift point improvement is incredible and very noticeable.

Second, the 3.7 really doesn't respond to 93 octane as the 5.0 or Eco boost. Ford backs this up. I've done my acceleration test and really don't see a performance increase that noticeable. Always using a top tier fuel.

But, quicker throttle response is the common improvement on these tunes. That's a plus.

With modest gains at the rear wheels for Street/performance tunes, is there really a significant increase in performance for a stock v6 with a manual 6 speed?

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

Last edited:

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I have the MPT 93 tune and was worth it.
Also changing the 3.15 to 3.55 also made a bid difference
I also reduced the rotating mass by getting ride of the DMF and converting it to a Gt flywheel and clutch.

OP
OP
mich.g.pan

mich.g.pan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

The gearing change to 3.55 is a slam dunk decision. There is no doubt that is a game changer.

Regarding the MPT, are you driving an auto or stick?

Regarding motor performance, my high speed shifts are at about 6000rpm. Is the rpm limiter removed?

Throttle response? .... Is it a full throttle range improvement?

With mpt 93 tune,, will it knock if you put 87 in it occasionally?

Thx
Mike

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Go with Unleashed Tuning instead. I had a 91 tune but the critical win was he took out all of the grotesque rev hang. I could then shift exactly on the schedule I wanted.

The car was undrivable from factory.
The v6 Ford tune is also extremely laborious and lazy. With the Unleashed it practically zinged, well as much as that heavy flywheel and crank will let you. Total transformation into FUN.

OP
OP
mich.g.pan

mich.g.pan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Rev Hang between gears is the biggest issue i want to solve. I noticed it immediately. Yes, flywheel inertia. Hard to solve, but it translates into torque overall.

Will look into Unleashed.

Thanks
Mike

Go with Unleashed Tuning instead. I had a 91 tune but the critical win was he took out all of the grotesque rev hang. I could then shift exactly on the schedule .....

Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
MPT 93 NA 3.7 6M 60K on the clock, top down, spare compact tire in the trunk GT stock brakes front and rear, OEM DMF,3.55 & PP1 wheels square.
5.9 sec the 1-2 -3 shift 48 degrees OAT

track results.jpg

OP
OP
mich.g.pan

mich.g.pan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
That's quite impressive.

Mike

MPT 93 NA 3.7 6M 60K on the clock, top down, spare compact tire in the trunk GT stock brakes front and rear, OEM DMF,3.55 & PP1 wheels square.
5.9 sec the 1-2 -3 shift 48 degrees OAT

track results.jpg
Sponsored