Sponsored

Navigation system gets "lost".

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Here's an odd problem.

A few times lately, I programmed an address into the navigation system and as I started the trip, the nav system "lost" track of my position. It would start to throw out alternate routes, and the position indicator on the map would get "stuck" in a place I wasn't at (often 100's of metres from my true position), pointing in the wrong direction (e.g. I was headed east and the arrow and screen thought I was pointed northwest).

It resolved itself spontaneously both times, the second time after I pulled over to look up my destination on Google maps on my iPhone. :/

Anybody experienced that?
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here's an odd problem.

A few times lately, I programmed an address into the navigation system and as I started the trip, the nav system "lost" track of my position. It would start to throw out alternate routes, and the position indicator on the map would get "stuck" in a place I wasn't at (often 100's of metres from my true position), pointing in the wrong direction (e.g. I was headed east and the arrow and screen thought I was pointed northwest).

It resolved itself spontaneously both times, the second time after I pulled over to look up my destination on Google maps on my iPhone. :/

Anybody experienced that?
Hey Boff!

That's a peculiar issue. The next time it happens, I'd suggest trying a master reset:http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch If the issue continues, you should consult your dealer.

I hope this helps.

Shaay

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
It is possible that the satellite GPS transmissions at your location were in error. I have owned several high-end GPS units, and they all, at times, seem to jump from the true location. Usually only a few hundred feet...but I have had it jump more than a mile...then jump back to only a few foot error. My nephew helps run the USAF GPS control system in Colorado Springs. He has told me that once in a while they run correction updates to the satellites, and sometimes the satellites' atomic clocks reset, which throw off the positioning by a small amount until the clock-transmissions are synchronized again.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Did you just change wheels and/or tires by any chance? If so, pull the negative battery cable for an hour or so and try again.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
happens when gps doesn't match up to the map data. usually fixes itself in a mile or 2.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The most consistently accurate GPS system is one that can acquire the necessary data from both the USAF GPS satellites and also from the WAAS satellites. But as far as I can determine the Ford GPS NAV receiver does not receive WAAS signals.
Sponsored