Sponsored

Narrowed it down to 3 mustangs....which to get

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
So Its prob option 1 or 2 now...option 2 has 800 more miles then 3 but for $200 more its certified....So now have to figure out if its worth $550 more for the less mileage w just factory warranty...hmmmmmmmmmmm
if it was a brand new car vs one with mileage i could understand the difference, but 800 miles vs 4,000 miles is not even the first oil change interval. IMHO there is little to no difference in the engines, if it was brand new i could understand the argument that you aren't risking someone else's bad break in on the new motor but in this case the risk exists in either case. So why not have an extra year of bumper to bumper protection, a few more years of power train, and save $1,000 because you don't have to tint it or get an axel back exhaust (which everyone will tell you the car needs).

The question i would have is why wouldn't they be offering an 800 mile car as a certified pre owned??
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I would strongly consider choose Option #1 - factory stock...but why is not certified?
Get a Carfax or other vehicle history report and thoroughly check the car evidence of body work/repaint/usual S550 quality control issues

Option #2 - you may not like the sound of the previously installed axle-back exhaust.
Ask a salesperson to find out what brand of exhaust and to send you a sound
clip of the car on startup, revs @ 2500 rpm and 5000 rpm.

If the whole package works for you, then this may be the right car.
Personally for me, it's too many miles.

Option #3 - your dime for travel expenses/inconvenience...pass.

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
I would definitely choose Option #1 - factory stock

Option #2 - you may not like the sound of the previously installed axle-back exhaust.
Ask a salesperson to find out what brand of exhaust and to send you a sound
clip of the car on startup, revs @ 2500 rpm and 5000 rpm.

If the whole package works for you, then this may be the right car.
Personally for me, it's too many miles.

Option #3 - your dime for travel expenses/inconvenience...pass.
its the PYPES axle back

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-pypebomb-black-2015gt.html

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
and the 1 with 800 miles has voice navigation and the certified one doesn't..just looked at both of the Window stickers

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and the 1 with 800 miles has voice navigation and the certified one doesn't..just looked at both of the Window stickers
are you sure about this? They are both the same year with the same options packages?

Sponsored

pdac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT, 2011 GT/CS, 2013 Jeep Wranger, 2014 GT/CS - All SOLD! Current - 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
How does the CPO program work? I always thought that it was used on cars that were out of warranty. Either way I would go with option #1. 4000 miles for me is about 2 years of driving.
Also, have them send you the "out the door" price so there are no surprises. Especially if you are going 6hrs away to pick it up. This way you can have everything wrapped up ahead of time and not spend 5 hours at the dealership.
I think this is more important than requesting that the sales guy send you sound clips of the exhaust at varying RPM (a request that they will likely laugh at).

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the CPO program work? I always thought that it was used on cars that were out of warranty. Either way I would go with option #1. 4000 miles for me is about 2 years of driving.
Also, have them send you the "out the door" price so there are no surprises. Especially if you are going 6hrs away to pick it up. This way you can have everything wrapped up ahead of time and not spend 5 hours at the dealership.
I think this is more important than requesting that the sales guy send you sound clips of the exhaust at varying RPM (a request that they will likely laugh at).
The program is typically reserved for low mileage vehicles with good service history, the dealership does a 132 point inspection and there are minimum criteria's the vehicles need to meet (in terms of brake wear and tire wear) plus with ford they will do the oil change (some other stuff), plus give you a set of all weather mats, new wipers a bunch of other crap, and whatever the original warranty was you get an extra 12months/12K miles added onto the bumper to bumper and 24mos/40K miles added onto to the powertrain. I only know this because in 2014 i bought a 2012 low mileage F150 and it was CPO, it ended up having a better warranty than buying a brand new truck.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Factory ordered my '16 GT Premium without navigation...

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
The program is typically reserved for low mileage vehicles with good service history, the dealership does a 132 point inspection and there are minimum criteria's the vehicles need to meet (in terms of brake wear and tire wear) plus with ford they will do the oil change (some other stuff), plus give you a set of all weather mats, new wipers a bunch of other crap, and whatever the original warranty was you get an extra 12months/12K miles added onto the bumper to bumper and 24mos/40K miles added onto to the powertrain. I only know this because in 2014 i bought a 2012 low mileage F150 and it was CPO, it ended up having a better warranty than buying a brand new truck.
Wow.. so the warranty on CPO's is 48K/100K ? That's great. I didn't know that.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
A good salesperson will meet all of the customer needs/requests as needed rather than laugh themselves out of a sale.

OP
OP

vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
I think I am going with option 2 w certification..He said he can do 32k plus fees and all DELIVERED to my house so I don't have to put miles on it or even pay for a plane ticket

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Super deal...best of luck and enjoy the car!!

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I think I am going with option 2 w certification..He said he can do 32k plus fees and all DELIVERED to my house so I don't have to put miles on it or even pay for a plane ticket
We had a few members cars receive much damage while on the car carrier, even evidence of a spirited joy ride with tons of rubber in the wheel wells. Make the dealer take 360 deg pics of car and mileage before loading onto
carrier