stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Can you unplug the proximity sensor?
Just so frustrating. Why do I have to start buying OBD dongles or unplugging sensors. It’s my fucking car let me drive it the way I want to. Rant over...thanks for listening. Lol.
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It won’t apply the breaks though - right? The most it does is blink/beep at you, flash a light, and “prime” the brakes. I haven’t even had mine come on yet…

I’ve seen it a few times in my Edge (in 4 years). A couple were valid but I was already paying attention. A couple were spurious but I could see why it thought it was dangerous (mostly a car pulling off the road that had slowed down greatly).

Anyway: it hasn’t bothered me - pretty benign as nannies go.

Edit: just went and looked and it does have some automatic braking capability now (my Edge is too old). Did yours actually brake?

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
It won’t apply the breaks though - right? The most it does is blink/beep at you, flash a light, and “prime” the brakes. I haven’t even had mine come on yet…

I’ve seen it a few times in my Edge (in 4 years). A couple were valid but I was already paying attention. A couple were spurious but I could see why it thought it was dangerous (mostly a car pulling off the road that had slowed down greatly).

Anyway: it hasn’t bothered me - pretty benign as nannies go.

Edit: just went and looked and it does have some automatic braking capability now (my Edge is too old). Did yours actually brake?
No but I believe it would have, the sensitivity was set on high and when I got what the car thought was too close to the car in front of me all the bells and whistles started going off. I’m gonna read up on it more but since the feature is called emergency active braking I’m assuming it will automatically apply the brakes.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is set to low. Going in between 2 cars at 90mph, it all starts flashing but no active braking luckily.
Active braking seems to be a slower speeds. I was on the highway and cars in front of me came to sudden slowdown and it beat me to my own braking once so this was kinda nice.

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Please tell me there’s a way to turn off active braking where it doesn’t default to on every time I start the car.
If the dealer doesnt want to do it for u id look into forscan. This is a bit of a reach but the only configuration i think that it might be disabled by default would be on mustang police cars. Im sure they could use it themselves but unlike us occasionally they have to ram somebody. Just a wild ass guess no stone throwing please

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I rented a Vert a couple weeks ago and the "Lane Keeping" function is annoying as hell too. I thought it was tram-lining but noticed these little lights on the dash changing colors. I got in and the best I could do was adjust the sensitivity down, but not totally off, it really sucks!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I hate this stupid crap with a passion. Fortunately I was able to disable it with ForScan. I will search for my notes to see what exactly I had to change.

Edit: I've found them. There were two changes.
To disable the collision alert, I changed 720-01-02 to xxxx 1xxx.
To disable the automatic braking, I used ForScan's 'easy' configuration page for the IPC. I can't remember how the option was called, but its name was pretty clear.

It's interesting to note that removing the options from the IPC menu (which is what those two settings actually do) seemed to be enough to kill this stupid 'feature' altogether. Even though other modules (e.g. the ABS) are responsible for it, they all communicate to each other, and the IPC lies at the very center of this communication. So if the IPC believes there's no automatic braking feature installed in the car, then it won't work.

Had I been unable to kill it with ForScan, I would have physically unplugged the radar. I hated this idiocy so much in my Mondeo that there was no way in hell that I was going to live with it in the Mustang.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
I rented a Vert a couple weeks ago and the "Lane Keeping" function is annoying as hell too. I thought it was tram-lining but noticed these little lights on the dash changing colors. I got in and the best I could do was adjust the sensitivity down, but not totally off, it really sucks!
Lane keeping assist can be turned off using the button on the end of the blinker stalk. Once off it stays off even after restarting the car.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Lane keeping assist can be turned off using the button on the end of the blinker stalk. Once off it stays off even after restarting the car.
Thanks for that, being a rental, I didn't have the operator's manual. If there's a next time, its dead!
Sponsored