Sponsored

N(VH) increase - 305 tires vs susp mods

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt notice much NVH from the Steeda LRCA bearings. Maybe I’m just deaf to any changes because the install was so painful they’re never coming out.

In all honestly I might hear a small extra bump noise over potholes, speed bumps and hard edges, but no noticeable tire noise increase from that mod or the rear toe bearing.

My car still has stock rubber subframe mounting w/o aftermarket braces (gasp!) so I do still have rubber between the LRCA and the cabin.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I didnt notice much NVH from the Steeda LRCA bearings. Maybe I’m just deaf to any changes because the install was so painful they’re never coming out.

In all honestly I might hear a small extra bump noise over potholes, speed bumps and hard edges, but no noticeable tire noise increase from that mod or the rear toe bearing.

My car still has stock rubber subframe mounting w/o aftermarket braces (gasp!) so I do still have rubber between the LRCA and the cabin.
I was interested in hearing feedback on the LCA bearings (I’ve got the BMR ones). We decided to not put them in last weekend because of how tough the install looked. That top control arm bolt...how da fuq did you get that out? Drop the exhaust?

I’m taking it to a Mustang performance ship Saturday to have it done.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I was interested in hearing feedback on the LCA bearings (I’ve got the BMR ones). We decided to not put them in last weekend because of how tough the install looked. That top control arm bolt...how da fuq did you get that out? Drop the exhaust?

With the right kind of swivel socket you can get in there from a rear angle. We didnt drop the exhaust on mine, but I was ready to do that and thats what the Steeda instructions asked. My job was extra painful because we damaged the control arm getting the stock bushing out, so the car had to sit on the lift for a few days while we waited for a replacement to arrive.

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550

@Ghost50 very interested to know if you think it's affected NVH.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will have some feedback for ya tomorrow night. I will be having the install tomorrow afternoon. I’m excited!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So we got everything in late Saturday night and after alignment I drove it home and then out for the evening. I also drove it about 20 miles on Sunday.

I love the way it feels. With everything on there it is planted and solid. I'd say the noise increased a little bit and the harshness also a little bit. But that doesn't bother me. It would maybe if it were my daily driver. I had several Fox Bodies and those rode rough as stock and even rougher with suspension mods. They rattled like hell too. There are no vibrations to note.

I live in Houston and the roads here suck. So on some of these it will be a rough ride for me but nothing that is bad enough to regret the mods.

I drove the car for a week with just the 005 Kit and vertical links and loved the way it felt. Once adding the bearings and 762 is when I really felt the difference. Just looking at and fiddling with the stock ones that came out you can see clear as day why they have so much play to them.

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks for the feedback @Ghost50. I liked the car a lot more when I got the RLCA bearing and subframe locking kit installed, albeit I used Steeda's Stop the Hop gear.

Good to see you're happy with the outcome.

Seems like it might be the tires on mine making the N difference.

Cheers

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback @Ghost50. I liked the car a lot more when I got the RLCA bearing and subframe locking kit installed, albeit I used Steeda's Stop the Hop gear.

Good to see you're happy with the outcome.

Seems like it might be the tires on mine making the N difference.

Cheers
Thanks, man! Glad you’re enjoying yours too with everything tightened up.

Which tires are you running again?