Sponsored

My White Ecoboost Mustang. (high quality SLR Photographs)

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
When you say car sounded like a diesel without the engine cover what do you mean?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
When you say car sounded like a diesel without the engine cover what do you mean?
lots of clanking, clunking, general valvetrain sounds which made the car sound horrible because everything else is super quiet on the car.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Under WOT what Rpm does the car shift at with the COBB tune?

shelby367

being me since 1964
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium, PP (received)
weight

How much weight do you think it reduced by going to this exhaust?
Mike

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My White EB Mustang Car journal. (lots of high quality Pics)

How much weight do you think it reduced by going to this exhaust?

Mike

Well the stock exhaust is 75+ lbs. this exhaust weighs in around 33lbs. Easily 40lbs or more savings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 quick videos in the parking garage and last ones for a couple days. I didn't want to stand in the freezing crappy drizzle to setup the camera and didn't have time to drive around looking for a place to screw around so in there is a lot of echo and resonance.

car is hard to keep the tires from spinning when the boost builds. I'm used to the 4K stall in the camaro.. lol.
[ame]

one more revving without being worried about the neighbors complaining.
[ame]

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Sto n Sho plate today. did it offset toward the pass side. Not sure if I like it as it still blocks the air for the IC. I'll probably end up getting the Craig's Bracket instead in the spring.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
John, once you put CAI, DP and bigger IC and upgrade the tune (for more air and locking the wastegate (WG) longer), you'll see a big change than stock. The 3" exhaust was a great choice. Is the WG controlled electronically via PCM or mechanically?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John, once you put CAI, DP and bigger IC and upgrade the tune (for more air and locking the wastegate (WG) longer), you'll see a big change than stock. The 3" exhaust was a great choice. Is the WG controlled electronically via PCM or mechanically?

Thanks! I'm new to Turbo cars but one thing that hold true for all engines straight as possible simple exhaust is the best.

The WG is electronically controlled. I'm still up in the air if I want to update my HP tuners software and buy Ford credits or continue to use Cobb's AP. The Cobb handheld is sooo nice and having 5 Maps to choose from on the fly is also a plus plus I hear Cobb's Access Tunner software is super nice to use.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Thanks! I'm new to Turbo cars but one thing that hold true for all engines straight as possible simple exhaust is the best.

The WG is electronically controlled. I'm still up in the air if I want to update my HP tuners software and buy Ford credits or continue to use Cobb's AP. The Cobb handheld is sooo nice and having 5 Maps to choose from on the fly is also a plus plus I hear Cobb's Access Tunner software is super nice to use.
I think for the time being (before changing turbo) stay with Cobb and do the CAI, DP, IC and increase the WG timer. This will give you a nice platform for stage 2 and you should enjoy it for a while, until someone comes out with a nice plugin bigger turbo. At that time, you can then go with HP tuner, add more fuel and and tune it for that. You already have the CAI,DP, IC and exhaust in place for bigger turbo. The best part about the EB version vs. GT, that engine is made for boost. and with bigger turbo, you can get close to 450 RWHP. But you will need real good tune and fuel system.
Turbo cars are so much fun to build more power. :thumbsup: :cheers:

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think for the time being (before changing turbo) stay with Cobb and do the CAI, DP, IC and increase the WG timer. This will give you a nice platform for stage 2 and you should enjoy it for a while, until someone comes out with a nice plugin bigger turbo. At that time, you can then go with HP tuner, add more fuel and and tune it for that. You already have the CAI,DP, IC and exhaust in place for bigger turbo. The best part about the EB version vs. GT, that engine is made for boost. and with bigger turbo, you can get close to 450 RWHP. But you will need real good tune and fuel system.
Turbo cars are so much fun to build more power. :thumbsup: :cheers:
Yes they are! This is just as much if not more fun than the LS1 in the Camaro. If I can get around 400hp out of this and low 12's I'll be happy.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New photograph of the car on its winter wheels..

New video of the Exhaust as well..

[ame]

Last edited:

289isfine

289isfine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1200R
Wow! Nice looking cat back exhaust.

Someone else posted the EB with Cobb tune a couple months ago...... with video
from inside the car..... Needle of the boost guage very quickly bouncing off the end the dial.... Hilarious. That alone well worth the price of Cobb tune.
Sponsored