Sponsored

My Terrible Experience with Yates Performance

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
I purchased OEM brand new TPMS for my rohana wheels back in April from them. After getting them put in within a week after purchasing, I sent them a message that the ford dealership could not read the TPMS inside with their scanner. I have been too busy to leave work early several times to try to take care of the TPMS, yet they have offered no help since april regardless of what I've done to prove their tpms are not working.

Dear phrenetikzz,

Ford makes their own programmers. The aftermarket clunker programmers do OK with other brands I've heard. If a Ford dealership gave it an honest shot I don't know what else to say. An error in the process is much more likely than all four sensors being defective. You're welcome to return them if you'd like since we can't program them ourselves.

Dear yatesperformance,

Is there a way you can send me a programmer than you believe will work and I can put a deposit on it that will be refunded when I return it? It would be ridiculous to spend 85 bucks getting the tpms taken out to send them back and return them for 65

- phrenetikzz

Dear phrenetikzz,

It's the same programmer tool any Ford dealership would have, and they should have more than one to use. We can sell you a programmer if you feel it's needed. It's like we said earlier--either all four Genuine Ford sensors are somehow defective or the shop is doing something wrong.

Here's a quick tutorial that CJ's put up for the new 2015. Giving it a shot yourself couldn't hurt if they're already mounted.
[ame]

- yatesperformance

Dear yatesperformance,

I am more than willing to paypal a deposit for the TPMS programmer, so that I may take a video of your tpms programmer not working with the items you have sold. This is a bigger issue than a return, it will cost me more than $69 dollars to get the tires taken off and the tpms removed. At the very least you should provide me with a refund on the TPMS without requiring me to spend $80 getting them taken off AFTER I take a video with your own programmer proving that they do not work. and I then will continue to use them as nothing more than valve stems until I buy a new set.

- phrenetikzz

Dear phrenetikzz,

If you really wanted to be helped you would have done at least part of what we've asked since April. There has been no constructive discussion nor has the problem been validated for weeks upon weeks and I regret to say that we will no longer continue to attempt to force you to participate in the process.

- yatesperformance

I am not quite sure what the guy means....as he has ignored my concern about it costing more to remove them than I will be refunded. Also he tells me my problem hasn't been validated? Yet I've been to two different dealers with the exact TPMS programmer that CJ pony parts used in their video....AND I told them that the last dealership I visited yesterday actually reprogrammed a 2015 mustang NEXT TO ME so I could verify their programmer worked correctly.

:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

my head hurts from dealing with this guy. regardless, I'd advise never buying from them to everyone here.
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds like you didn't attempt the method they suggested? And I don't see why they would "lend" someone(even with deposit) a programmer. That would be a logistical nightmare if they did it for everyone who asked.

My suggestion if you have not already would be to take the car to a Discount Tire store and see if they can read them and program. They would probably do it for free, as it only takes less than 3mins.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you didn't attempt the method they suggested? And I don't see why they would "lend" someone(even with deposit) a programmer. That would be a logistical nightmare if they did it for everyone who asked.

My suggestion if you have not already would be to take the car to a Discount Tire store and see if they can read them and program. They would probably do it for free, as it only takes less than 3mins.
Maybe I did a poor job of explaining myself??? I don't understand your question and I feel it was explained in the OP.

#1 discount doesn't have the tool for new fords yet, neither does NTB. I had both try. I also had 2 dealerships try to read them and program them.

#2 they never suggested a method other than removing them and sending them back, or keep taking it to more and more ford dealerships??? not sure what more I should do for a product that is not working.

#3 I'm more than willing to pay the price with a guaranteed full refund of the programmer just to prove even with their supplied programmer, the tpms do not work.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
what tool is there for the new fords? I had the sensors installed in the wheels, and then put the wheels on myself at home, and they self learned. The shop never saw the car. I don't think there's anything they do during mounting, either.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it looks like this

Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
just wondering why you would need it and I didn't

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
That's the chance you take when you modify a car. If the factory stuff went out you could go to ford and say fix this. Since you've deviated from stock you inherit risks associated with that. One of which is getting defective parts. Yates offered to take your return. The labor associated with that is not their problem. They stayed professional and offered you the only solution feasible to them. A refund. It's small time stuff man and definitely not worth the heartache you're causing yourself. Get some new ones, have them installed, and return the old ones for a refund.

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Did the TPS say 315MHz? Or did it say some other frequency?

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
315 mhz....they are supposed to be exact oem replacements.

and no, yates has declined my return up until making this thread, after reading it they are now willing to accept a return on them. still a waste of $80 at their fault which they of course would not cover, not that I expected them too since customer service isnt that important these days

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
1. Discount does have the tool, as I've been there twice now to have it done, as early as March 1st of this year.
2. Why not have just one tire dismounted and check that one stem/tpms on video to make the vendor happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Discount does have the tool, as I've been there twice now to have it done, as early as March 1st of this year.
2. Why not have just one tire dismounted and check that one stem/tpms on video to make the vendor happy.
1. mine didn't. they had a big tool that they said wouldnt work on a 2015

2. so go pay $20, have a tire dismounted, take a video of the tpms inside it and it not reading....put it back on....so that they will what? refund me?

what would be the point of that over paying all at the same time to replace them, then sending them all back for a refund....?

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Maybe I did a poor job of explaining myself??? I don't understand your question and I feel it was explained in the OP.

#1 discount doesn't have the tool for new fords yet, neither does NTB. I had both try. I also had 2 dealerships try to read them and program them.

#2 they never suggested a method other than removing them and sending them back, or keep taking it to more and more ford dealerships??? not sure what more I should do for a product that is not working.

#3 I'm more than willing to pay the price with a guaranteed full refund of the programmer just to prove even with their supplied programmer, the tpms do not work.
I had my SVE Drift wheels/tires mounted at Discount Tire, and they programmed my TPMS. This was a couple weeks back. They do have them. Maybe the shops you went to didnt have them yet.. I don't know.

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
I feel your frustration and get it. But take a look from Yates point of view, how do they know the TPMS were not damaged by the folks who installed them and mounted your tires? I have to admit, it does seem really odd that all 4 OEM sensors would be defective. Would definitely be having a tire dismounted where I had them mounted to see if they damaged them and hold them responsible if they did (be present when the tire is dismounted so you can personally verify). That seems much more likely to happen than receiving 4 non-functioning OEM TPMS to me.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already had 2 Rohana wheels replaced because they arrived bent. This was 2 weeks ago. I visually inspected the tpms at that time and they were fine. They just pop into place, hard to screw it up

Last edited:

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I already had 2 Rohan wheels replaced because they arrived bent. This was 2 weeks ago. I visually inspected the tpms at that time and they were fine. They just pop into place, hard to screw it up

You're right, it's hard to screw up the installation of the tpms, but if they didn't set the bead correctly or hit the sensor with the tire iron while mounting the tire onto the wheel then they could have very easily damaged them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored