Sponsored

My Procharger install ..Updated , First 1/4 mile pass.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I'll give you the good first ..

Install was about 10 hours ( I'm not as fast at 60 as I was in my 30s ).
Wasn't too bad but there was a lot of time fitting and trimming hoses to get it all to fit ..

First fire up it started right up with no problems , blower sounds real nice ..First test ride was a short one ( five miles ) ..I stopped to added some fresh 93 fuel ..I hit boost a few times ( traction control on ) and it felt real strong .. Even with the traction control on it spun 3 gears until I let off ..

I'm pretty happy with the drivability , drives like stock off boost :) .. On boost it hard to tell what power it's making because of all the wheel spin .. Windows up you can just hear the blower whine a bit it idle , as soon as you are moving the blower whine goes away ..Drivability was tops on my list and it seems so far to have met that goal ..

The stock Boost gauge hit 12 PSI ..I'm sure that is wrong because it's a HO kit with no add-ons.. I would need a aftermarket boost gauge to know for sure ..A/F was too hard to read on a short pull in the first 3 gears .. I'll check it again when I can get some place safe to test ..

Now the bad .

Coolant leak at the Procharger tank ..Needs more sealer I guess ..
Belt is hitting the rib on the drivers side head ..I need to take the head unit back off and do a little grinding ..

Head temps 212 to 214 at low speeds , seems a little high to me ..I did add a 170 stat but it ran cooler with the stock stat ..I may put the stock one back in and give that a try ..

Trans now shifts like stock ( mushy) , my hard shifts I had with my Lund tune are gone and I do miss that hard shift ..

Bit of a pain in the ass making all the hoses and tubes fit ..I'm sure every car is a bit different as far as the hoses fitting ..

More to come as I get a few more miles on it ..Track times also ..
Sponsored

Last edited:

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Concerning the coolant reservoir leak, just torque those fittings down first and see if that helps. I had the same issue, check this thread at post #1265. There are some images.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=724611#post724611

I had to put the tank in a vise to get the lower coolant hose torqued down to where I wanted it but nothing has leaked since.

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Are you running the tune provided by Procharger?

Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had similar problems with the coolant tank. I got thread sealer and tightened them up as much as I could and it hasn't leaked since. I also had the same problem with the belt touching the head. I asked the PC tech if there was anyone that had the same problem and he said no. Seems like we're the only ones that is happening to. I went ahead and grinded where it was touching and everything is good now.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Ditto...what tune are you running? Any surging? Is it the stock HO kit with the P1 and HO intercooler? What size pulley is on the head unit? Sorry, one last one - what injectors?

Thanks for the info and write-up!

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Concerning the coolant reservoir leak, just torque those fittings down first and see if that helps. I had the same issue, check this thread at post #1265. There are some images.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=724611#post724611

I had to put the tank in a vise to get the lower coolant hose torqued down to where I wanted it but nothing has leaked since.
I had read your post before the install ..I test fitted it first and I found it was full of sand or some kind of basting media , so I cleaned the threads real good and run the elbow in and out a few times , then Teflon taped it and ran it in real tight ..I guess I need to use a different type of pipe dope ... :frusty:

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Ditto...what tune are you running? Any surging? Is it the stock HO kit with the P1 and HO intercooler? What size pulley is on the head unit? Sorry, one last one - what injectors?

Thanks for the info and write-up!
No surging yet , only drove it 5 miles so far but didn't feel any surging at all .. It runs off boost pretty much like stock ..

It's Prochargers stock stage one HO kit P1 head unit and their latest canned tune . The pulley is what they shipping with the kit and I don't know the size ..It came with bigger injectors to replace the stockers ..

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I had similar problems with the coolant tank. I got thread sealer and tightened them up as much as I could and it hasn't leaked since. I also had the same problem with the belt touching the head. I asked the PC tech if there was anyone that had the same problem and he said no. Seems like we're the only ones that is happening to. I went ahead and grinded where it was touching and everything is good now.
I had called and asked about the belt rubbing and the answer was not helpful .. His words when I asked him about it were " it is what it is "

I went ahead and ground off about a 1/4 of an inch on the head and that gave me close to a 1/4 of an inch clearance ..Should be ok now I hope ..Fingers crossed ...:amen:

Sponsored
OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Yes it's Prochargers latest tune ..I waited on buying a Procharger till they had all the tuning problems fixed ...So far so good !!:thumbsup:

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Awesome, thanks for the info. Planning a Procharger soon. The pulley size should be on the front on the pulley. Curious to see shiftpoints at WOT. Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh also, is it possible for you to take a pic of where you needed to grind and clearance the head for the belt? It would be helpful for guys with future installs. Thanks!

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Awesome, thanks for the info. Planning a Procharger soon. The pulley size should be on the front on the pulley. Curious to see shiftpoints at WOT. Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh also, is it possible for you to take a pic of where you needed to grind and clearance the head for the belt? It would be helpful for guys with future installs. Thanks!
I'm going out tonight and check the shift points ..( In Mexico :) ) I'll get some pictures of where I had to grind the head to clear the belt ... It may be hard to see in a photo because of the location but I'll give to a try ..I'll check the pulley size also ... :thumbsup:

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I'm going out tonight and check the shift points ..( In Mexico :) ) I'll get some pictures of where I had to grind the head to clear the belt ... It may be hard to see in a photo because of the location but I'll give to a try ..I'll check the pulley size also ... :thumbsup:
Awesome, thanks! Good luck and let's us know how things go!

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Setting here thinking about my first test ride I now understand why the guys with superchargers and turbos like the 3.15 gears .. I have 3.55s gears , now it revs up so dang fast it feels like I have 4.10 gears ...
Sponsored