My not so great experience with Forgestar

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Recently ordered some forgestar f14 drag pack wheels for the rear through lethal performance. Let me preface this by saying lethal performance has always taken care of me and their customer service has always been top notch. I worked primarily with Matt and Andrew through this process and they were very helpful. So my issue is not at all directed towards lethal performance as it was out of their control and they STILL did their part to make it right.

Anyways, i ordered the forgestar wheels, and requested them in bronze burst. I called lethal performance about 5 different times just to fully confirm that the color change to bronze burst was noted, and they said forgestar confirmed it and had emails saying so. They said the wait time would be 4-6 weeks, and i said thats fine ill wait for that color and i understand these wheels are custom made and painted to order (so i've read). Waited about 5-6 weeks, and they arrived, except they were in the wrong color: they were gloss black. I called lethal about this and showed pictures, forgestar then offered me to ship them back at their expense, or they would give me a 60$ credit back towards the wheels (which is appreciated of course), lethal performance also said he would match this credit, so $120 back total. I told them its fine, i want bronze burst so i shipped them back off to them (the address i sent it to was only a couple hours from myself, so it got there within a day or two). They told me they would put me on the priority list, and that they would ship my wheels back to me between 7-10 days. Excellent, it sucks that this happened but at least they seem willing to expedite the process.

2 weeks later and i still havent heard anything, i called lethal performance, they said forgestar said it should be shipping in the next few days. Another week goes by, nothing. I call again, and they say the same thing. on the 3rd week, they said that apparently the wheels got split up when they painted them and stuff, somehow..so that was the hold up. told me it should have shipped friday. Next week tuesday, still nothing. Called again, they said wheels are shipping today. Finally got a shipping number around 4pm, and the wheels arrived a couple days later. THANKFULLY in the correct color. Overall the process took around 3 months, with a proposed original date of 4-6 weeks. If they would have originally said it would be that long, OR if they wouldn't have had so many issues after saying they would "put my order on priority", it would be a little easier pill to swallow.

I asked forgestar if they could apply that credit they offered in the past to me ordering matching front wheels. After a few days of waiting for a response, lethal gave me a discount on the new order; was this discount through forgestar or lethal just taking the reigns? im not sure. But it was nice to have a hundred or so knocked off.

overall i love the wheels. Now that they are here in the correct color, they look beautiful. I needed the front set and was willing to pay and wait another 4-6 weeks for them, i just hope nothing messes up this time as well. I wanted this to be out there in case anyone else orders some forgestar wheels, be prepared to possibly wait much longer than 4-6 weeks.

Again to @LethalPerformance, i appreciate ya'll always being so helpful, and your prompt customer service and shipping being two big reasons ive spent over $10k with ya'll and will be doing so in the future as well. Also, i respect any company that gives us military members a discount, it feels nice even if it's not required and i appreciate that. I feel like i've seen matt and andrew here in the forums, but i don't know their tags. sorry guys!

end rant.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you'd think Forgestar would have a couple of local powdercoat/anodize operators on speed dial. Can you post pic of wheels? American Muscle has stock it would seem (not sure about drag) but the pictures are pretty poor.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
you'd think Forgestar would have a couple of local powdercoat/anodize operators on speed dial. Can you post pic of wheels? American Muscle has stock it would seem (not sure about drag) but the pictures are pretty poor.
Yeah..especially since they are the same company (or owned by) weld and stuff now. Also especially since im in cali not far from LA...
20200915_152744.jpg
20200915_182544.jpg
20200915_182826.jpg

Here are a few..ill take more when on the car.
Sponsored