Sponsored

My "grabber blue" s550 in action at Buttonwillow 10/31

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Love Grabber Blue! My 1971 Torino GT was painted that color and I wanted my Mustang to be the same. Alas, it was not to be for my 2015. :(

I think the sponsor on the front bumper tells you if it is a wrap or paint.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Impressive what front splitter and suspension setup you running?
APR Front splitter, Eibach Pro kit, BMR Sway bars, cradle support, toe rods, vert links.

Nice pics Mike! That vette owner is like oh shit!
lol! I thought he was gonna destroy me because he was in front of me when we rolled into the hot pits and I saw those slicks.

is your car wrapped?? or did you repaint? Thats the ONLY Color I wanted but it isn't offered from the factory so I went with the Magnetic Gray which I do love, but Grabber Blue has always been one of my Favorites!!
Its wrapped! Avery Gloss Intense Blue, 3m also makes the same color, its a hair darker but it has worse orange peel

I don't see a camera but I would love to watch a video if you ever get one.
Funny story, i had my go pro mounted on my rear windshield pointed forward in the cabin. 1st and 2nd run I had it on but forgot to record. 3rd run battery died. 4th run I got video but i had it positioned crooked, and the last run it fell off right when i took off =[

that looks awesome and lots of fun
It was! I recommend everyone try a track day, or at least autocross.

Awesome! Is it a wrap or paint? Also, you look like daft punk with the helmets and all!
wrapped Avery gloss intense blue!

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Yeah a video is as close as I will ever get to a track day. I live way too far from a road course. I have a drag strip close by but I don't like drag racing.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Love the grabber blue on the S550! Before I got the CO I wanted a Grabber Blue one. It looks really good. Love your wheel and tire setup and stance too. Whatever suspension setup you have looks perfect for this car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks for the comments guys!

A few points of feedback after my 2nd track event with this car:

1. Understeer, understeer, understeer. Probably from having staggered wheels, I will be switching to a square setup for a more "neutral" feel. Been going back and forth trying to figure out what wheels and tire to do. Its either going to be 285/35 or 305/35 all the way around. Limited number of tire options so its taking me a bit to make my final decision.

2. Needs a good set of coilovers that allow camber adjustment. The front setup the way it is, is showing a lot of outside tire wear. This should help with understeer as well

3. I had a porsche/s2k instructor drive my car and he was blown away, after driving many S197's this was his first S550. He was very amazed by how well the car did and how nimble it felt even though it was pushing 4000 lbs with the both of us in there. Its not perfect but it can be after a few more mods. Right now theres still a good amount of body roll even with sway bars and all the BMR suspension parts. You can really notice it in the esses/chicanes section of the road course. It just really doesn't want to go back the other way and really upsets the balance of the car on sudden direction changes.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Great pics!

What was your best lap time there?

First time at this track with this car, First run of the day was a sad 2:28. My 2nd to last run was a 2:10:09. I would love to be in the low 2's the next time I go back. Next track will be Big Willow next monday =] The car should love that track, only like 2 braking points lol

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
First time at this track with this car, First run of the day was a sad 2:28. My 2nd to last run was a 2:10:09. I would love to be in the low 2's the next time I go back. Next track will be Big Willow next monday =] The car should love that track, only like 2 braking points lol
from 2:28 down to 2:10 is AWESOME!

Keep driving her like you stole it :cheers:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
APR Front splitter, Eibach Pro kit, BMR Sway bars, cradle support, toe rods, vert links.
Thanks buddy.
Very impressive if your still running the stock PP dampers then. :)

I am going to go for the FRPP Track/Handling kit, BMR cradle support, BMR toe rods and BMR vertical links which will hopefully make it handle great. :)

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Great action shots and a 2:28 to 2:10 is a huge improvement! I took my car to the track for the first time this weekend and noticed a good bit of understeer as well. I was getting pretty concerned about outside wear on the fronts as well. This was the same struggle as my E92 M3 with macpherson struts as well. Like you said, a square fitment and dialing in the alignment with the help of some camber/caster plates should help get rid of the push and the tire wear.

If you don't mind, how about posting your lap data in this thread please so we can start logging S550 lap times:

http://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500

:cheers:

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Great action shots and a 2:28 to 2:10 is a huge improvement! I took my car to the track for the first time this weekend and noticed a good bit of understeer as well. I was getting pretty concerned about outside wear on the fronts as well. This was the same struggle as my E92 M3 with macpherson struts as well. Like you said, a square fitment and dialing in the alignment with the help of some camber/caster plates should help get rid of the push and the tire wear.

If you don't mind, how about posting your lap data in this thread please so we can start logging S550 lap times:

http://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500

:cheers:
Thanks! Just submitted info to your thread

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
One of my buddies who came out is an extremely talented wedding photographer, brought out his aerial drone and shot some neat video. unfortunately the track had rules to not fly the drone directly overhead due to safety reasons. But he caught some cool video of the track layout, you can spot my bright blue mustang in a few clips, an Evo X on fire in the distance, and me going off track =]
*Click the HD button and enjoy*

[ame]https://vimeo.com/144453524[/ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: