Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Today I went in as a tester for Kelly so BMR could try out some new springs they are working on for the base GT (and other models as well). Sorry the pics aren't better, my camera I brought with me was dead, don't know what happened there...

First off let me start by saying their shop is very impressive! I wouldn't have thought that a company that does suspension parts would be an entire warehouse.

uJggnCgl.jpg

Here is some before pics of the install with the good ole finger gap. If anyone wants exact measurements Kelly has them, I'm sure he will release them when he is ready to give final measurements.

mHqz0Fol.jpg
IzkcZZYl.jpg

DLcrDIKl.jpg
kWgtrUQl.jpg

The springs themselves:

al5DcFyl.jpg

And here are some pics of the difference in springs. Now again let me remind you I just have a base GT. No PP

mM5c5c3l.jpg
StMv4kdl.jpg

Xxk04NZl.jpg

And installed:

n7wU02Ll.jpg
3SbRs1Zl.jpg

ZmEGI6T.jpg
ROplAes.jpg

And for fun a picture of a pile of prototypes and spares for the 2015

VjiSdw1l.jpg

During the install Kelly took me for a ride in their 2015 GT PP that they fully equipped with their suspension, I believe it was their race spec. Let me just say, that car was amazing. I felt like I was strapped into a roller coaster. Ride wise, it almost felt stock. It wasn't bumpy, I didn't feel like my head was going to hit the roof if we ran over a bug, there was no vibration in the seats. But man, did it feel planted to the ground. Right before we started he turned advancetrac off. But no matter how hard he took a corner, some I believe were over 50mph, the back end never got away. Not so much as a tire chirp. And he was on stock wheels too, that's another part of the amazing thing. It just felt like such a different car then what I was used too. It didn't even feel like a mustang, it felt like a sports car. Ten minutes after we got back I was still grinning. Hell I'm grinning now just thinking about the ride.

So back to my car. I love it. This is just a test fitting, so it's not a final product. The height will probably be adjusted, I believe Kelly said they didn't want the rear dropped as much as it was so it would be a little more raked. But with just the springs alone, yeah, it felt good. Real good. It's the ride I have been missing out on. It's the ride that it should have been from the factory. Not harsh, not crazy bumpy with all sorts of NVH. But nice and firm, predictable, planted, and sporty. Coming home on a familiar road to me, with lots of curves and some hills (what hills there are in Florida), I took turns in confidence 15-20 mph faster then what I used to take them in. Even when I leave work I make a sharp u turn in the lot (no other cars are parked by me at night) and my back end always kicked out before like a mini donut. Not tonight, it stayed. I was shocked. And these are just stock base tires, only 8 inches wide, I really can't wait to see what she can do with some nice 10 inch wide summer tires. I will definitely be getting the full setup they had on their PP car when I can afford it. It just really completes the car and makes it what Ford should have made it. If the Mustang came from the factory like this, Motortrend would have eaten their words with the Camaro vs Mustang handling shootout.

So again a big thanks to Kelly and BMR for the opportunity to check out their facility and test out some great, new and exciting products from their line up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
thanks for the review... definitely going full BMR suspension

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Lucky you man, nice review of a great local company!

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Cool pics. Nice foundry wheels!

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks! I really do love these wheels, I just wish they were available in 19" x 10"
I agree. I'm undecided on widening them!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Very nice pictures and right up. Looking forward to my BMR parts!

Sponsored

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
Looks good. Will be interesting to see them at the Hooters meet up in June.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Finally had my alignment done after having them settle for a few thousand miles (more then I wanted to but just never got around to it and wanted to wait until I got some other suspension stuff installed) Here's the results. They didn't have anything for the 15 mustang in the system so I gave them the Eibach page that had the OE specs on it. I have no clue about alignment stuff so yeah....

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thats awesome, I'm glad to have gone with BMR for my suspension needs. My car feels exactly as you've described your experience.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Thats awesome, I'm glad to have gone with BMR for my suspension needs. My car feels exactly as you've described your experience.
:cheers: It's great stuff. I saw your other post you have pretty much everything, that's awesome. Wish I could afford all that.
Sponsored