Sponsored

My Chariot has finally arrived

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I just got the call. 11 weeks after I place the order on March 17, my dealer called and said to bring them a big check tomorrow. I had to arrange for a car service to drive me the hour to the dealer and I have to go to the bank, and, and, and....

But I am about 14 hours form being in my car - well being in the finance guy's office filling out forms and declining dealer options.

I will post pictures tomorrow when I get back. But, I have been reading and participating in this great forum for a while and I have learned a thing or two that I want to make sure I remember to do when inspecting the car before I sign over the money. I would like confirmation of the top things to do and look out for on inspecting the car before taking delivery:

1) drive it at speed and be mindful of vibration from the car or thought the wheel at 50+
2) all the panels seem to have even gaps
3) the leather is tight fitting on the seats - no slack
4) make sure that the seat back cooling system works
5) make sure the windows work properly when the top is put up and down

I am not the most mechanical or observant so I likely will not have enough of an attention span to do much more than this. But is there something important I am missing that I should check?

Thanks all. I am very excited and looking forward to being a member of the club!:ford:
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just got the call. 11 weeks after I place the order on March 17, my dealer called and said to bring them a big check tomorrow. I had to arrange for a car service to drive me the hour to the dealer and I have to go to the bank, and, and, and....

But I am about 14 hours form being in my car - well being in the finance guy's office filling out forms and declining dealer options.

I will post pictures tomorrow when I get back. But, I have been reading and participating in this great forum for a while and I have learned a thing or two that I want to make sure I remember to do when inspecting the car before I sign over the money. I would like confirmation of the top things to do and look out for on inspecting the car before taking delivery:

1) drive it at speed and be mindful of vibration from the car or thought the wheel at 50+

I am not the most mechanical or observant so I likely will not have enough of an attention span to do much more than this. But is there something important I am missing that I should check?

Thanks all. I am very excited and looking forward to being a member of the club!:ford:
Check for proper tire pressure. Your dash display will tell the pressure. I forgot to check mine and found it a little harsh driving home. When I checked the pressure it was 42 on each tire. From what i have read, a higher pressure from the factory is normal. I guess they do this just n case the car is parked for a while and don't want to have square tires.;)

Congrats on your vert.:cheers: I absolutely love mine.:first:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Check over the paint in direct sunlight to make sure it's in good condition. Mine was swirl city and I had to spend a whole day getting it to look like glass. You don't want that!

Make sure the top brake light is level

Make sure where the point in the rear seats meet they're level

Can't really think of anything else. I hope it's smooth sailing, and enjoy the new car! You picked a perfect time to drive that new convertible home!

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on your new car, enjoy it, I am sure you will. :)

Terry :ford:

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
You better jot down all the things you want to check out because you will be so pumped that you might otherwise forget. Congrats on the new ride and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy........:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
one thing I noticed when i picked up my vert was it was difficult to put the top up and turn the handle. after some reading of the manual it said that if the top was down for an extended period of time the fabric might shrink a little which makes the top harder to close. my car was at the dealer's showroom for about a week with the top down. once i got it home and put the top up and down a few times it became much easier to lock the handle. have fun

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I don't know how you feel about extra warranty, but I didn't even think about it until I spoke to the finance guy.

My car is basically a weekend/summer cruiser. I am in eastern Canada and our winters are long and difficult, so if I get the opportunity to drive mine for 7 months a year, I will be lucky. Chances are my car will be in a deep slumber from November until April.:brokenheart:

For this reason (low mileage vehicle), when the finance guy mentioned extra warranty, I asked if I could get time and not mileage. He gave me a very good price on a full 8 year warranty, with no extra miles (kms).

with all the electronics and dodads, plus a convertible, I decided it was worth the piece of mind for the extra.:confused:

I am just throwing it out there because I didn't really think about it until it was mentioned to me.:shrug:

Also, the extra warranty will really help with resale, if I ever decide to sell or trade up.:D

OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You better jot down all the things you want to check out because you will be so pumped that you might otherwise forget. Congrats on the new ride and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy........:thumbsup:
Way ahead of you! Once I got the numbers of what I have to pay, added the extended warranty, the fat man (our Governer) - taxes - that really brought me back to earth. I am sure I am paying too much, but you only live once!

Anyway. Thanks!

OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how you feel about extra warranty, but I didn't even think about it until I spoke to the finance guy.

My car is basically a weekend/summer cruiser. I am in eastern Canada and our winters are long and difficult, so if I get the opportunity to drive mine for 7 months a year, I will be lucky. Chances are my car will be in a deep slumber from November until April.:brokenheart:

For this reason (low mileage vehicle), when the finance guy mentioned extra warranty, I asked if I could get time and not mileage. He gave me a very good price on a full 8 year warranty, with no extra miles (kms).

with all the electronics and dodads, plus a convertible, I decided it was worth the piece of mind for the extra.:confused:

I am just throwing it out there because I didn't really think about it until it was mentioned to me.:shrug:

Also, the extra warranty will really help with resale, if I ever decide to sell or trade up.:D
I did the same. 7 years 36,000 miles. My 2006 was 10 years old with 15,000 miles. They quoted about $2,000 for the roadside and dent repair plus the premium mechanical. Not bad

Thanks again for the tip!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Congrats! Over 1 year in and still smiled like a little boy on Christmas when I fired it up today!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just two hours. Can't wait.

Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack-Avalanche

This is good advice. Some dealers carry different types or warranties, etc. For example, I was in the same boat in regards to declining warranty. However, my dealer offered me a body/appearance warranty. Don't remember what it is called, but basically if I ever get chips in the paint, dents, wheel scrapes, window chips, etc I can bring it in for a no-questions-asked repair by them. Sounded legit, so I bought it, and it wasn't very expensive. It's a good piece of mind considering road hazards can be a pain on vehicles, and can be very costly.