Sponsored

My BAMA tune experience.

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
After almost 3 months owning the SCT X4 from BAMA, I gave up. Many datalogs and revisions just to find out that my car only do ~220WHP and ~250WTQ from the dynojet. I was shocked and the shop was shocked.

before the tune with no mods I was able to beat a stock 2015 WRX easy. With the tune and bolts on I lost to a tuned 2015 WRX bad. He didnt need to shift out of third to dust me. I couldnt even break 14s on track app for 1/4 after many tries. I was blinded by the word "tuned" and thought my car was running better. The only thing it was better was the 2mpg.

I called and they blamed my car got a leak somewhere. I smoked test the car and no leaks. I called back to report there is no leaks and now they ask for the dyno results when they told me it would do them no good the first time. Seriously? If your customer call you and tell you they it is your tune, you need to man up and figure out why. I'm done. I was considering selling the X4 and go with Adam tune or maybe Lund but I met another ecoboost. The dude was on Unleashed tune. He lets me drive his car and it felt great for a car with just the tune. Guess what? he beat me in 30 and 40 rolls. stock tune EB (HIM) vs Mods no tune EB (ME). The price range is nice atm just for getting something better than BAMA tune.

Stay away from BAMA, no wonder why they havent show anything else for the EB.

I know I rant but I need to lets people know before they make the same mistake.
I am very sorry to learn about your issues - I assure you it is not the norm. I am going to have our Lead Calibrator reach out to you this afternoon - I am confident he will get it resolved. Please PM me your name, order number/ticket number so I can have him call you directly. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please give us a call.
Sponsored

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
I had a issue with Bama's tunes as well for our EB. Race tune wouldn't make over 10 psi then threw over boost code. Got tired of waiting for decent support went Unleashed and never looked back.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I thank you Bama support reaching out to me on here but I move on to unleashed. I'm not going back at this point.

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
After 3 months of crappy tunes for my GT they finally refunded my money for my x4, they also fixed my tune. So they did make it half right, but my car was terrible running for 3 months. Almost causing me to get rear ended many times.

mmorningstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I've been running bama tunes since 2009 I think. My Ecoboost tune with intake/BOV made 295/351 on the dyno at Carlisle last summer. I've done constant upgrades, logs, revisions and I've never had an issue with Bama, yes they have a little learning curve with the Ecoboost but Paul is a great tuner. Can't wait to get my car back on the dyno.

Im also going to run their AM/CPE big turbo kit when it's released.

-Matt
2015 EBM PP.

Sponsored

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
After 3 months of crappy tunes for my GT they finally refunded my money for my x4, they also fixed my tune. So they did make it half right, but my car was terrible running for 3 months. Almost causing me to get rear ended many times.
We are truly sorry about this but glad we were able to make it right :headbang::headbang:. Mail order tuning is no different than a on-site dyno tune - we start with a custom file designed for your modifications and encourage datalogging and offer unlimited revisions to guarantee you love our product. We understand the complex nature of this product and we stand behind it 150%.

If you have any questions or comments, hit is up offline

mmorningstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
We are truly sorry about this but glad we were able to make it right :headbang::headbang:. Mail order tuning is no different than a on-site dyno tune - we start with a custom file designed for your modifications and encourage datalogging and offer unlimited revisions to guarantee you love our product. We understand the complex nature of this product and we stand behind it 150%.

If you have any questions or comments, hit is up offline

Yup, you guys have provided me revision after revision, I'm wearing poor Matt out, he has logs for my new Tial BOV setup and NGK 6510's now.

-Matt
2015 EBM PP.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Ill have to see what Bama would do to fix this.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just a question on the smoke test, did you test the exshaust side? It just the boost and charge pipes? The reason I asked because I was having an issue same as you and I'm with Bama and I had smoke test done and no boost leak, but then we tested the exshaust and smoke was leaking out of the front of the turbo housing, that will show the same sign on there data logs as a boost leak. Look at your turbo and see if you can see soot on the front side opposite from the downpipe, if you do you have a leak. I'm taking mine to ford Monday and prob getting turbo replaced. I must be the only one who had opposite experience with torrie and Bama because I have both and I data logged multiple times and he was never able to tell me I had an issue and I kept saying there's something wrong with the car I know it. Anyways I guess I got lucky I have no complaints my Bama tune is amazing. Good luck let me know about the soot

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Gotcha. Well good luck sorry you didn't like Bama, like I said I have had all the opposite experiences, but I do think Adam is a great way to go and I wish u would of done Cobb

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
* I wish I would have done Cobb, not u sorry typo
Sponsored