Sponsored

Mustang World's Fair Grounds 50 Years Celebration at Flushing Meadows Park

Yurimeta

Threads
Reaction score
Those Recaros are cloth right? Its hard to tell
They do look cloth like don't they. I mean if you look at the driver seat in the pic where it's in the sun you can kind of see the "fuzziness" that cloth seats have.
Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
No, those are definitely leather, you can tell just by the pattern.

From the interior pics thread:

Cloth -

Leather -

Exactly, the Top Picture Has Cloth Recaros. It's that Knit Polyester that New Fords have. The Dead Give Away is the Door Panel Insert. Leather Trimmed Models have the Tri-Bar Hashtags Stitched into the Vinyl. Base Models with Cloth Interiors have a Solid Insert with No Stitching.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I agree on the leather, but damn look at the parts in direct sunlight. That looks almost alcantara to me. I'm sure it's not, but I can see the confusion.

Sponsored

DMV

We also had a chance to speak to David Principato (Marketing Director, Ford Brand). A few tidbits from him:

• Official specs will be released within the next 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Ordering guides are still being finalized.
  • Only top volume Mustang dealers will be allocated the 50 Years Limited Edition Mustang.
  • When asked whether automatics will be able to be purchased with the Brembo package and/or dash gauges, his response -- Ford is not releasing those details yet.
I suspect Dave was not exactly prepared for the question, it would explain the candid response ;-)

I have no reason to believe otherwise for the last question about the Brembos.

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Take that all you CO haters! ....lol couldn't help saying it from all the heat that CO received over in the CO color thread. Loved this color from the start =) Yes out in the sunlight it does look rather amazing. I would like to see it with some boss stripes as soemone posted previously.
Yes, It looks great in bright sunlight which is amazing because lighter colors generally look better when it's overcast, late in the evening or at night, or at least to me.

I think most of the other pictures taken inside were just poor pictures. I think this will be incredible in person, and even better at night.

jrzycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
So nice that this was kept such a secret. It would've been nice to attend but I never read or heard about it and was busy taking care of things making sure I could be at the Empire State building on Friday where I spent $65 and waited in line for 2 hours to see the Mustang on the observation deck that was already removed earlier that morning. Then I waited about 45 minutes just to get back down to go to the auto show.

Why on earth would they not leave it up there for the duration of the auto show? It's my fault for not checking and blindly having faith that it would be up there for more than 2 days. For crying out loud, they made such a big deal of it, and even a YouTube video of the engineers practicing putting it together and moving it in a mock elevator. As a stock holder, this was such a waste of money and time for 2 days.

The events in Charlotte, Las Vegas, Oklahoma, and the Empire State Building were publicized for over a year and we were all smothered with it. I didn't see anything about this World’s Fair Grounds event. As far as I'm concerned Ford did a really crappy job for the 50th celebration in the Northeast. I'm not very happy with them right now.

Sponsored

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
I just hope the dealers don't try to screw the public with the 50th anniversary model like they tried to do with the '13/'14 GT500's. I mean in my area, every one of the GT500's were 5 to 20k over sticket price. I'd really like to get one of the Anniversary models in Wimbledon White. Guess I can dream though!!!:rant:

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
"dream" is right...

There are going to so few of those anniversary editions available, you'll be lucky to find one for "only" $10K over msrp. Average will be $20K over.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I just hope the dealers don't try to screw the public with the 50th anniversary model like they tried to do with the '13/'14 GT500's. I mean in my area, every one of the GT500's were 5 to 20k over sticket price. I'd really like to get one of the Anniversary models in Wimbledon White. Guess I can dream though!!!:rant:
Some will but I think you'll find most will go for MSRP.

Dyno

So nice that this was kept such a secret. It would've been nice to attend but I never read or heard about it and was busy taking care of things making sure I could be at the Empire State building on Friday where I spent $65 and waited in line for 2 hours to see the Mustang on the observation deck that was already removed earlier that morning. Then I waited about 45 minutes just to get back down to go to the auto show.

Why on earth would they not leave it up there for the duration of the auto show? It's my fault for not checking and blindly having faith that it would be up there for more than 2 days. For crying out loud, they made such a big deal of it, and even a YouTube video of the engineers practicing putting it together and moving it in a mock elevator. As a stock holder, this was such a waste of money and time for 2 days.

The events in Charlotte, Las Vegas, Oklahoma, and the Empire State Building were publicized for over a year and we were all smothered with it. I didn't see anything about this World’s Fair Grounds event. As far as I'm concerned Ford did a really crappy job for the 50th celebration in the Northeast. I'm not very happy with them right now.
If you would have just done 5 mins of research you would have seen it was going to be up there for only 2 days. Also, the Flushing Meadows event was publicized. It was on this very site's home page at least a week before April 17.

Ford didn't get everything right with the 50th celebrations but complaining that you missed the car at two well publicized events is on you, not them.

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=1572

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
We also had a chance to speak to David Principato (Marketing Director, Ford Brand). A few tidbits from him:

• Official specs will be released within the next 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Ordering guides are still being finalized.
  • Only top volume Mustang dealers will be allocated the 50 Years Limited Edition Mustang.
  • When asked whether automatics will be able to be purchased with the Brembo package and/or dash gauges, his response -- Ford is not releasing those details yet.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/continental-tire-monterey-grand-prix
Sponsored