Sponsored

Mustang UK on sale June 2015

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don't know about the UK, but in general importing a new car trough the grey channels is always more expensive than buying one from a local dealer.

This has several reasons:
- Added trader margin
- You have to pay for the mods required by law
- You pay more in import taxes
- You are still required to pay VAT and emission taxes on top of all that.
True but i suppose the proof is in the prices they are selling them at.
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Twin Turbo thanks for the info. I will give him a call when I know a date I can get there :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you mean Road Fund Licence? I believe, but don't quote me on this, that it'll be the lower rate we currently pay for the S197 (£225 per year, IIRC)

If I remember, I'll ask when I'm there :)
Yes, sorry. I also assume the v8 will have the full hp/torque and not the diluted european hp/torque. Thanks

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True but i suppose the proof is in the prices they are selling them at.
You pay a lower emissions tax for import vehicles in the UK. Also can hopefully take into account the exchange rate - probably not much help for those who have the Euro but may help in the UK.

Sponsored

Paulo1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoke
Why would someone in the UK import a LHD? RHD is coming all be it not quick enough but surely you'd lose far to much £ on the imported LHD once the 'Cheaper' RHD from a dealer arrived?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why would someone in the UK import a LHD? RHD is coming all be it not quick enough but surely you'd lose far to much £ on the imported LHD once the 'Cheaper' RHD from a dealer arrived?
The only reason I can see to import a 2015 Mustang would be the GT350, GT350R and GT500. Those are all still exclusive to the U.S.

Importing the i4 or the GT would just be a waste of time and money, not to mention the wheel would be on the wrong side and you wouldn't have a warranty.

Great example of this is the EU version of the Camaro. Those sell for £35,345 - the 2SS on which its based in the states retails for around $38,300. Importing the 2SS yourself at the present exchange rate would cost you approx £37,000 - that means you have to source one in the states yourself, and then get a company to arrange shipping. If you use an importer dealer to order a car from the factory then add another 10% for the dealer's margin. You're looking at the best part of £40,000.

With the mustang you've also got the specification difference. The EU will have a more generous initial spec, coming with the PP as standard and probably a few other goodies to make it competitive with the Germans and Brits in the same price class (4-series, A5, XE, XF).

OP
OP
Haz93

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
Order books open 20th Jan

Source : Ford Europe YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If you wanna resell it in the UK perhaps, which would be unwise. There is a vast export market on the European mainland that will gladly absorb your used LHD vehicle in a few years.

The real reason why importing one yourself doesn't make sense is indeed that in the end of the day you will have spent more money than what you would have paid for an official RHD UK version.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Order books open 20th Jan

Source : Ford Europe YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is a GREAT news! Thanks!
I hope before ordering we could know the price..!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Now is that the whole of Europe as in UK as well lol.

Good find and I can't wait to hear those prices :)

Watched the London based video [ame] and it mentions pre order only May 24th......

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I just called the nearest Ford Store (the only one who have Mustangs around here - about 60 km from me) and they barely knows the car.. no news from them.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I just called the nearest Ford Store (the only one who have Mustangs around here - about 60 km from me) and they barely knows the car.. no news from them.
They are going to be a great Mustang Store if they are not even up to speed with it already, either that or they are very good at playing poker haha

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Now is that the whole of Europe as in UK as well lol.

Good find and I can't wait to hear those prices :)

Watched the London based video and it mentions pre order only May 24th......
Thats the old Champions League Ad isnt it?
Sponsored