Sponsored

Mustang UK on sale June 2015

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
It's a very old article. I don't think we can rely on it.
Sponsored

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
well, a few minutes ago i came across this

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/2015-ford-mustang-gt-short-review-1636446296

Quote: "The exhaust though, is a let down. It sounds mean up front but quiet as hell for a V8, and that makes me sad. Luckily, Ford Racing already has catalogs ready for this car, and there will most likely be a good-sized aftermarket for it. Parts should hopefully be out once they start hitting the dealer lots. "
A lot of the reviews of the US cars mention the same thing which is my point. The car isn't loud enough that they'd have to restrict the exhaust further and subsequently cause the drop in power. It's probably for another reason.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On the subject of potential price point (in the UK at least), I ran the numbers like a mad man and the EcoBoost came in at around £28,000 (with taxes, typical delivery charges that Ford use for our market etc.) if you were to import a US Performance Pack model with a couple extra options ticked like a reversing camera. Motortrend even had the CO2 information to hand: 0.78lb per mile (or there about, can't remember exactly), but it translated to 220g/km.

So AutoCar's original guesstimate of around £28-£30k seems very likely. If it was £30k I wouldn't mind because it'll actually have the wheel on the Right Hand side, unlike the fantastically overpriced Camaro - Seriously GM? £35k and you can't even put the wheel on the other side of the car when it was developed in Australia on an Australian RHD platform? Tut Tut.

As for the June release date, I'm skeptical - I read somewhere it was September. Maybe its orders open for June and Delivery in September?

That's just my 2cents on the subject.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Hi benanderson85, the CO2 figures are in the German price lists and specs linked to earlier in the post. Until Ford UK actually release them, we are all speculating... But the concensus seems tobe that the original guidance from them at the initial announcement of under £30k for the EB and £35k for the v8 are still in the right area....

As you said, GM weren't being serious with the UK Camaro prices for LHD - and then pulling Chevrolet from Europe just killed that completely. I did buy a camaro in 98 in the UK but that was for £22k... and did consider a new one at one point until they pulled out. Good luck with getting that serviced now!

Sponsored

JR1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 50years edition GT
hello, my first post here - i have one 2015 stang (GT V8) in order in germany, official dealer. i drove many stangs, but this will be my first own finally as i am a huge fan of its design, i think its a real masterpiece for a sportcoupe, so much nicer than our german BMW and Audi stuff, in germany on every corner is Audi and BMW, and the Stang is much more impressive when you see it in person (just drove an import in france of a friend of mine) - well, i just want to tell you my informations right now from several sources in germany: production begins, still, march for the first load. there will be a NEW price list next week (in germany), there may be even more in the basic package. so the old list from late december will change what i heard. configurator is expected to be open within next weeks. let me say smth to the EU Mustang - i have no headache because of the exhaust sound - there will be enough options to change, every Golf can be upgraded from a small cat to an average tiger here in germany and for sure in Europe. noone i spoke to has any idea why they changed the hood for EU, this is a joke. i don´t care about the mirrors, it´s what it is. the white taillights: i put some images in photoshop and i think after some days you get used to it, especially when light is "on" (and i drive always with light on) it´s not white. and: i will do stripes on my black mustang, and i did photoshop and it looks awesome with white stripes and white taillights. i often used this forum for informations and will take part more and more during this year i am sure - so long ! hope summer will be here soon.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
deep south said:
Hi benanderson85, the CO2 figures are in the German price lists and specs linked to earlier in the post.
This is a long thread. I must've missed the brochure posts!

deep south said:
and then pulling Chevrolet from Europe just killed that completely.
But we're getting Cadillac! Because that worked the last three times they tried it. :lol: I'll stick with Jaguar for my luxo-barges, thanks.

JR1971 said:
i think its a real masterpiece for a sportcoupe, so much nicer than our german BMW and Audi stuff, in germany on every corner is Audi and BMW
Same in the UK. Everything is Audi, Mercedes and BMW - almost always a Diesel and amazingly boring to look at.
My brother-in-law used to have an M5 (F10), and even that was dull to look at.

When an imported Mustang drives past everyone stares at that instead! :D Kudos to the Detroit three for the design work on their muscle cars, all of them are stunning machines to look at.

JR1971 said:
there may be even more in the basic package
Apparently our car will be the equivalent of a US Model with a Performance Pack. It'd make sense given the cost of importing models to the EU, thus Ford streamlines the product line. I wonder if we'll get any "premium" grades or if everything will just be a couple of option boxes.

JR1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 50years edition GT
This is a long thread. I must've missed the brochure posts!

But we're getting Cadillac! Because that worked the last three times they tried it. :lol: I'll stick with Jaguar for my luxo-barges, thanks.

Same in the UK. Everything is Audi, Mercedes and BMW - almost always a Diesel and amazingly boring to look at.
My brother-in-law used to have an M5 (F10), and even that was dull to look at.

When an imported Mustang drives past everyone stares at that instead! :D Kudos to the Detroit three for the design work on their muscle cars, all of them are stunning machines to look at.

Apparently our car will be the equivalent of a US Model with a Performance Pack. It'd make sense given the cost of importing models to the EU, thus Ford streamlines the product line. I wonder if we'll get any "premium" grades or if everything will just be a couple of option boxes.

Diesel, brrrrr- Stupid people everywhere especially here in germany - buying a Porsche Cayenne for 100 000 EUR, and then ... Diesel ... we call them Porsche-Taxi here ... :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As you may know, I'm the Berkshire Area Secretary for the Mustang Owners Club GB and I've been contacted by the UK's leading Mustang importer........

Andy at Bill Shepherd has extended an open invitation to visit their showroom on Saturday 31st January where they will be hosting their '15MY Launch Event. These are LHD US versions that will be modified to pass the IVA test.

The showroom will be open from 9am-5pm and you can pop along at any time :)

http://www.billshepherdmustang.com/

Bill Shepherd Mustang
100 Royston Road
Byfleet
Surrey
KT14 7NY
Tel: +44 (0)1932 340888

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Twin turbo is it just the Saturday they will have the cars there? If it is I can't make it :(

Sponsored

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
Sweet, that's very close to me so I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
As you may know, I'm the Berkshire Area Secretary for the Mustang Owners Club GB and I've been contacted by the UK's leading Mustang importer........

Andy at Bill Shepherd has extended an open invitation to visit their showroom on Saturday 31st January where they will be hosting their '15MY Launch Event. These are LHD US versions that will be modified to pass the IVA test.

The showroom will be open from 9am-5pm and you can pop along at any time :)

http://www.billshepherdmustang.com/

Bill Shepherd Mustang
100 Royston Road
Byfleet
Surrey
KT14 7NY
Tel: +44 (0)1932 340888

Do you know if the car tax on the imported ones will be less i.e tax on imported vehicles is usually a standard rate?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Do you know if the car tax on the imported ones will be less i.e tax on imported vehicles is usually a standard rate?
I don't know about the UK, but in general importing a new car trough the grey channels is always more expensive than buying one from a local dealer.

This has several reasons:
- Added trader margin
- You have to pay for the mods required by law
- You pay more in import taxes
- You are still required to pay VAT and emission taxes on top of all that.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Twin turbo is it just the Saturday they will have the cars there? If it is I can't make it :(
No, I suspect they'll have the cars there for a while, at least until they sell them, and I suspect they'll have more on order already. That was how it was with the S197 and I suspect it'll be the same with S550. Give Andy a call and I'm sure he'll happily arrange a time for you to visit (they normally have some cool Mustang memorabilia for sale, so take your credit card ;) )

They had a similar event for the launch of the 2010 :)

Quite a few of us cruised over to take a look!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I assume you mean Road Fund Licence? I believe, but don't quote me on this, that it'll be the lower rate we currently pay for the S197 (£225 per year, IIRC)

If I remember, I'll ask when I'm there :)
Sponsored