Mustang UK on sale June 2015

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
yeah, better late than never
or
that's the way it is: you have to wait for the good things...
like the 10-speed automatic Transmission in 2016
Wow! I missed that one. When is this 10 speed box coming out! Will it just be for the GT or will it be offered with the EB?
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I missed that one. When is this 10 speed box coming out! Will it just be for the GT or will it be offered with the EB?
there are tons of rumors about the 10 Speed and Ford has it and presented it 2 days ago for the next Ford f150 raptor (supposed to be on sale fall 2016 as a 2017 model)

but: there are also fears that the 5.0 v8 is gonna die...
and gonna be replaced by that 3,5 litre v6 ecoboost (also presented in that raptor, delivering more power and torque than the current 6,2 v8 in the raptor) and in the new Ford gt...

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
There is no power loss. Its based on HP measuring methodology. Confirmed by Australian media.
Maybe in Australia but in Germany it´s clearly a power loss.
435 US HP (SAE) equal to exactly 441 German PS (DIN)

But the German version only has 418 PS (5 % less)

But US Horsepower is measured with 93 octane fuel (US octane) and German Mustang is measured with 95 Oktan (=91 US octane)

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Thanks Mc Lane. I looked at the Detroit Motor Show reports but didn't bother to check out the Raptor specs. A potential 10 speed V6 EB Mustang sounds tasty though. Given the suggested delivery dates for the first release UK 'stang, then it might be worth waiting that little longer for one of these.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mc Lane. I looked at the Detroit Motor Show reports but didn't bother to check out the Raptor specs. A potential 10 speed V6 EB Mustang sounds tasty though. Given the suggested delivery dates for the first release UK 'stang, then it might be worth waiting that little longer for one of these.

if you wanna know more, just Google

the truth about cars
and
Ford 10 Speed automatic Transmission

tons of facts:thumbsup:

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i am sure These People will find a way to help the euro-Mustang Sound like a Mustang is supposed to Sound

[ame]

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
there are tons of rumors about the 10 Speed and Ford has it and presented it 2 days ago for the next Ford f150 raptor (supposed to be on sale fall 2016 as a 2017 model)

but: there are also fears that the 5.0 v8 is gonna die...
and gonna be replaced by that 3,5 litre v6 ecoboost (also presented in that raptor, delivering more power and torque than the current 6,2 v8 in the raptor) and in the new Ford gt...
This was already denied by Ford, the v8 will stay
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/ford-official-we-will-not-drop-v8-from.html

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
This is exactly the reason Ford had to go to great lengths to make this Mustang the most refined car they could. From a US perspective it is punching far above its weight, but from an EU perspective it is in the same price segment as the Audi S5, BMW M4, and in case of the GT in Cayman territory.
I disagree. Ford needs to keep its niche in the market. That is a sports car without all the unnecessary stuff you get with upmarket cars (i don't think Ford should be using auto wipers /lights, keyless entry etc to save costs). They still have a niche though as were else can you pick up a V8 manual especially at, hopefully, 30k?! Ford needs to create their own market segment and not follow others.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I disagree. Ford needs to keep its niche in the market. That is a sports car without all the unnecessary stuff you get with upmarket cars (i don't think Ford should be using auto wipers /lights, keyless entry etc to save costs). They still have a niche though as were else can you pick up a V8 manual especially at, hopefully, 30k?! Ford needs to create their own market segment and not follow others.
The UK is a petrolhead country. Other countries have serious CO2 emission taxes. Having a V8 in a car adds more than those 30k in taxes alone. Would people still buy a bare bones car like that at that price level? Answer: No. This is why Ford never bothered with any country outside the US in the first place.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The UK is a petrolhead country. Other countries have serious CO2 emission taxes. Having a V8 in a car adds more than those 30k in taxes alone. Would people still buy a bare bones car like that at that price level? Answer: No. This is why Ford never bothered with any country outside the US in the first place.
I see your point but when something is designed by a committee i.e. full of compromises, to try and please everybody, it generally creates a poor product. If Ford try and compete with the German manufacturers on quality they will lose as there is badge snobbery, allowing BMW/Audi etc to charge more. Ford needs to create its own segment, which i think they have with the V8 manual. Although as you have mentioned that may be more difficult with countries that have more draconian laws.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Like 150k ... In taxes ... Draconian? :)

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Like 150k ... In taxes ... Draconian? :)
Wait, what? That includes the car, I may hope?

The expected guesstimate retail prices (including all taxes) for NL are around 55k EUR for the EB and 110k EUR for the GT.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
110 000 € ?? :eyebulge:

When I have my GT, I´ll drive over to Amsterdam and pretend I´m a millionaire :D

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't see it being the exhaust system, not when there's the like of the F-Type and AMGs going round that make even more noise!
well, a few minutes ago i came across this

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/2015-ford-mustang-gt-short-review-1636446296

Quote: "The exhaust though, is a let down. It sounds mean up front but quiet as hell for a V8, and that makes me sad. Luckily, Ford Racing already has catalogs ready for this car, and there will most likely be a good-sized aftermarket for it. Parts should hopefully be out once they start hitting the dealer lots. "
Sponsored