Sponsored

Mustang UK on sale June 2015

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Not sure how to post a picture – but what are the wheels in the picture on this page?

http://social.ford.co.uk/have-you-been-good-this-year/

Look like black wheels, but different to the US spec ones?
All change please....as others have said, unfortunately the final make up of the euro spec mustang has not been released yet so even if we work out what those wheels are, you may only see them on a jap model lol.

One thing I did like seeing on that page was this statement

"We’ll be announcing prices for the new Mustang in January."

Times ticking Ford, where are those price details....
Sponsored

Paulo1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoke
Latest from the Ford Girls

Here is my chat with the girls on the priority team as of yesterday. Short answer still no news!

Kat,

Any news on the UK mustang price and specs?

I've seen a leaked German brochure and price list so I'm assuming a rough draft exists now

Regards

Paul Gibson

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Paul.

Thank you for your email. The Mustang is being released across Europe. Therefore other countries will have prices and specs confirmed for their country before the UK.

We do not have the prices and specs confirmed yet, however we are expecting this news very soon. We will be in contact with you as soon as the prices have been announced.

Thanks,

Amy,

Thanks for the response. Are you still looking at a January announcement? As per the article on ford social?

Hi Paul,

Yes, we are hoping for more information in January.

As confirmed we will be in touch with you as soon as we have further information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us via email if you have any queries.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Cheers for the update Paulo at least the January announcement is looking likely so we can at least find out if we are still within a shot of affording one :)

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
The Mustang is being released across Europe. Therefore other countries will have prices and specs confirmed for their country before the UK.
Always great how GB is pretending to be not part of Europe (and EU) :headbonk:

My Dealer told me, the prices from the German brochure are not final anymore because of the sharp € decline. It will be more expensive! And another guy from the German forum motor-talk chatted online with a Ford representative and was told that the final pricing has been pushed back to the end of January (IMHO because of the € crash....)

And if you look at the breaking news today, Switzerland is dumping the Euro-SFR linking which caused a massive turmoil in the markets, it doesn´t look good. Euro seems to be in free fall for some time now, just like oil, and Ford cannot introduce a price before things stabilize. One thing is for sure: The 39k € base price for the GT is history!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

My Dealer told me, the prices from the German brochure are not final anymore because of the sharp € decline. It will be more expensive! And another guy from the German forum motor-talk chatted online with a Ford representative and was told that the final pricing has been pushed back to the end of January (IMHO because of the € crash....)

And if you look at the breaking news today, Switzerland is dumping the Euro-SFR linking which caused a massive turmoil in the markets, it doesn´t look good. Euro seems to be in free fall for some time now, just like oil, and Ford cannot introduce a price before things stabilize. One thing is for sure: The 39k € base price for the GT is history!
That's not good for you guys paying in euros......I just hope here in the UK they use the £ to $ conversion as that's sitting much better and that's what we use to pay for it BUT why do I think Ford will not do this :headbonk::paddle:

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
The Euro crashed? Don't dramatize it too much guys. It's only a 15% difference at most. 7% if you look at it relative to the long term average. In the actual retail price this is even more dampened out due to added local tariffs/services which are always computed in the local currency.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Even with the 39k€ price the car has monthly costs (high taxes and insurance costs) which can also afford an Audi S5 or Porsche Cayman. They better not push the prices too far up, in the end they are not selling a premium car and shouldnt price it like one

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Even with the 39k€ price the car has monthly costs (high taxes and insurance costs) which can also afford an Audi S5 or Porsche Cayman. They better not push the prices too far up, in the end they are not selling a premium car and shouldnt price it like one
This is exactly the reason Ford had to go to great lengths to make this Mustang the most refined car they could. From a US perspective it is punching far above its weight, but from an EU perspective it is in the same price segment as the Audi S5, BMW M4, and in case of the GT in Cayman territory.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Just had a call from Ford after my dealer past on my details to them.

She was a very nice girl and just went through confirming my details and the spec I wanted. She said I should be getting another call in a few weeks to give me more details and to go through the next stage once Ford confirms more to the public in the next couple of weeks....so basically this month like the website states.
Also she said that Ford want to get the first batch of cars to those who have put a deposit down so they want to make sure they have enough for the demand at the various dealers.

I really want the Competition Orange and was only given Ebony and Ceramic interior options. When I asked her to confirm the Ebony and Ceramic colours I was expecting her to say Black and silvery cream.....however Ebony was described as dark brown in to black.

Going to have a look on here for interior shots of the above now....

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase

i got a Quote for a gt Fastback on the base of that german Price list...
i am sure it would not be wise to raise the Prices of that car. there is some strong competition here in europe. right now the higher Depression of the car, insurance costs and fuel consumption are ok because the Price of the car is ok.
but increase the Price and you can have much more refined stuff for the same amount of Money per year!

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to start hearing that V8 burble! This car should be a sledge hammer to all the boring rubbish being produced at the moment.

well,
in the beginning, that was exactly what i was thinking

BUT:
the eu spec car has less power and torque.
is it only because of the euro 6 Emission-Standard
OR:
is it because of the noise legislation in the EU
a quieter, more restrictive exhaust System could explain the loss of power and could mean accustical castration of the car:rant:
i do not know if anyone of you had the Chance to listen to the difference of a stock US camaro vs a stock EU camaro: any idea what this is supposed to say::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
I can't see it being the exhaust system, not when there's the like of the F-Type and AMGs going round that make even more noise!

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't see it being the exhaust system, not when there's the like of the F-Type and AMGs going round that make even more noise!
:)we will see (i mean (in this case): hear):)

f-type and amg as well as Audi and bmw have this active valve Systems (cost more Money but giving the Chance of making the car quiet for exactly those conditions that are in the noise tests and on the other Hand making the car really noise under those conditions which are not evaluated in the standardised noise tests

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
German Mustang is rated at 95 Oktan ROZ, US Version is rated 98 Oktan ROZ. That could explain the 5% power loss.

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
There is no power loss. Its based on HP measuring methodology. Confirmed by Australian media.
Sponsored