udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find official documentation from Ford that explicitly lists all trim levels for the Mustang?

Reason I’m asking is I’m going through the Ford Reacquired Vehicles (Buyback Replacement) process for my 2017 Mustang GT because it took more than 30 consecutive days for them to order/replace the short block (after finding scoring in three cylinders).

I have to go through the dealer I bought the 17 from and they didn’t have any GT’s with automatic transmission in their inventory, so I got to order one through them. The RAV manager told me I am not responsible for any upgrade costs if my replacement is the same Make, Model, and Trim, so of course I decked it out with 301A, Magneride, Navi, exhaust, etc.

Now the vehicle is almost here, but the worksheet they sent over shows that I am responsible for upgrade costs even though I didn’t pick a different trim. Got off the phone with the RAV manager and dealer, and they are arguing that because my replacement has equipment group 301A while the reacquired vehicle has 300A, there is an upgrade cost.

My sticking point is that I was told (in email from the RAV manager) I would not have to pay any upgrade costs if my replacement is the same make model and trim. The worksheet also shows at the top that an upgraded vehicle replacement is when the customer requests a different make, model, and/or trim.

I spoke to a Ford rep on their site and they confirmed the different equipment groups
300A and 301A are still under the same trim (Mustang GT). I sent this to my RAV manager and dealer, but do you guys have any other documentation or backup I can send to them?

Thanks.
DC06E196-89C0-46F6-8AA9-8A439DF5F520.png
Sponsored

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
How many miles were on your 2017? Are you getting a new 2019 with no cost to you? Or even worst case only cost would be for the extra options? If it works out that it's no cost to you that seems like a great deal and then with a full warranty again.

I thought it used to say trim levels on the ford build it site but I just checked and don't see it anymore.

OP
OP

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Almost at 23,000 miles, still waiting for delivery of the replacement. Looks like I will be paying the upgrade costs which is fair, but just kinda salty since they’d told me I didn’t have to if it was the same trim.
Sponsored