Sponsored

Mustang stuck at rail yard for over a month?

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FYI: located in Canada, not the USA.

I factory ordered a 2022 Mustang GT back in November. It was subsequently built on January 13th and it landed at my local rail yard on February 10th. The original delivery ETA was February 8-14, however it got pushed to March 8-14 after it landed, and I'm not sure what it is now.

It has now been over a month and car is still sitting at the rail yard apparently. I have inquired multiple times with the dealership and they tell me they've spoken to their Ford rep who has given no other information other than "quality assurance purposes".

It feels a bit ridiculous that the car has been sitting 15 minutes away from my house for this long and there is seemingly nothing that can be done about it, and no one has a concrete answer as to why.

It's worth noting that other dealerships in the area have Mustang GTs on their lots which were built after mine, so it's not like it's a delay that's equally affecting all cars.

Has anyone else run into this issue before? Should I bother calling Ford customer service or just wait it out? I spoke to a salesperson from another dealer who told me I should put more pressure on my dealership to get answers, but I'm not really a confrontational person. I think I'd be fine waiting if they could at least give me a reason for the delay and an accurate ETA, but I digress.
Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
My car was built on 2/27 and is still waiting for a shipping assignment. My delivery date now is early April. No idea what's taking so long to start the shipping process. My dealer have given me next to no info about my car through the whole process.

daveolej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 2014 Ram
My Mach1 was built 2/10 and just made it to the Twin Oaks railyard yesterday. Who knows how long its going to sit there now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or transit damage. They might be trying to repair before sending it to the dealer.
Could be. I did ask about this specifically and they denied any damage, saying it would come to the dealership for repairs if so.

Last edited:

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Could be. I did ask about this specifically and they denied any damage, saying it would come to the dealership for repairs if so.

I don’t think so, since the car left the plant a couple days after it was built and quite awhile before the shutdown occurred. And now it’s allegedly sitting at the rail yard local to me.
If it were me id be driving over to the yard in person with binoculars or my drone and see if I can spot it.

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I called Ford customer service today to look into it and they denied that they were holding my car from the dealer. They said they’re going to call the dealer to see what’s up and then follow up with me.

Guess we’ll see what happens shortly.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
They can be lengthy hold ups at intermodal derail yards. Usually it is because someone didn't pay their bill to the railroad.

bblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brad
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Something is up. I have a car sitting in Flat Rock which is a direct truck ship to my dealer. It’s a 3.5 hour drive. No answers from Ford which is not uncommon. I wonder if there is a “product hold” on Mustangs? The car has been built for almost 3 weeks. Original scheduled build date of first week of February. Ice white Gt. I have a 93 summer edition white convertible. Bookend cars.

Sponsored

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I am experiencing the same issue... Been holding at Rail Yard in AZ for a while now. :(

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is what the sales manager at the dealer told me:
I spoke to our Ford representative yesterday trying to get some answers about your car. They are being quite mum and careful about it. My director of sales and I are hypothesizing that they may have found something they didn’t like on one Mustang and are holding back the batch to check out all the cars. While this may not be an official recall it is done for quality assurance. Beyond that I can’t get any more info out of them unfortunately.
Still waiting to hear back from Ford.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The dealer should offer to send a couple people to pickup the car at the holding lot. For my previous Mustang the dealer made that offer once it was unloaded from the train.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Call Ford and tell em delivery it or cancel it

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...Dodge dealer in Charlotte, NC did this to me (over the rail yard snafu) over a
Challenger Scat Pack w/a manual trans that I wanted.
They wanted me to come in and pick from their vast selection of lesser cars.
I said; "I'm going to lower SC for a Scat Pack."
10 days later the dealer in Charlotte called and said the car was there. They had
someone go and get it.
I said I've already went and bought a car, in Aiken, SC.
They were kinda ticked off because I didn't give them time to go
pick up the car.
I said; "you've had 17 days before I went to SC."
No reply..............................................................................................:giggle:
IMG_0353.JPG
Sponsored