Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have the GA1R open lug cap wheels in R spec in production now as well.

I am assuming they are talking about this wheel not the open lug since their site says the "standard GA1R". It would seem to me that the GA1R open lug is lighter (like ounces) with the extra chamfering than the GS1R. The GS1R is a little more beefy than the GA1R open lug which makes sense for serious competition.

http://www.forgeline.com/products/one-piece-monoblock/ga1r.html

GA1R

GS1R:
http://www.forgeline.com/products/competition-series/gs1r.html

GT4 gallery:
http://www.forgeline.com/customer_gallery_view.php?cvk=1782&product_key=164
I agree with you completely. The GA1R open lug with its center lug area milled out and the rim lip scallops, it's lighter then the GS1R by grams / oz.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You should check out the HRE R101 their 19x11 is about 18lbs. They are about 2k more than the forgelines
I looked at those last winter when I was shopping and HRE told me 21-22 pounds. No way is a 11x19 going to be 18 pounds.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
You should check out the HRE R101 their 19x11 is about 18lbs. They are about 2k more than the forgelines
You can get those same weights with some other models of Forgeline monoblock wheels. Forgeline rates the GS1R and GA1R wheels at 2100lb per wheel. There are very few models whether HRE, Forgeline, etc that meet those specs. That is why you won't see race teams running super lightweight monoblock wheels in the those designs. I imagine if you call HRE and say you are buying the R101 Lightweight for a GT350 track car with Hoosier R7's or race slick they would steer you to a different wheel for our 3900lb cars. A lightweight P-car may be a different story.

Last edited:

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It looks like he copy and pasted it from http://performance.ford.com/enthusi...k-at-the-5-2l-aluminator-xs-crate-engine.html which isn't a confirmation either way. We've known about the 5.2 Aluminator XS since last year's PRI. The press releases for the FP350S don't mention Aluminator at all. They seem to be being intentionally vague on all these race car powerplants. :\
The car gets a version of the Aluminator XS with the GT350 Intake instead of the CJ Intake. Final HP numbers are not known, final engine map is not complete. Final Price is unknow, delivery dates unknown, production 30-50 units.

These are some of the changes from the GT350:
1. OEM Oil cooler is replaced and relocated with a Setreb unit mounted in front of the radiator with new ducting to the radiator
2. OEM transcooler is retained
3. OEM Diff cooler is removed and replaced with a front mounted cooler in the OEM oil cooler location
4. Inner fender is cut down for weight savings
5. All plastic fender liners are removed
6. rear package shelf and seat supports are removed
7. doors are gutted and locks are removed, simple cable pulls are added to release door latches
8. Cage is installed by Watson but is not of Watson design and differs from what they are allowed to sell on their site.
9. Cars are prepared by Multimatic, and available for purchase via Ford Dealers
10. Shelby front splitter is retained and a carbon reinforced spliiter with 3/4" air dam is added. rear Shelby bumper and lower fascia are unchanged
11. They are using the Oil separator from Watson Racing site but it is made by Peterson Racing and it serves both heads
12. Wheels studs are from MSI Racing Products, not 100% sure but 99% sure
IMG_3900.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3904.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3907.jpg
IMG_3908.jpg
IMG_3909.jpg
IMG_3911.jpg
IMG_3913.jpg
IMG_3914.jpg
IMG_3915.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg
IMG_3918.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg
IMG_3925.jpg
IMG_3926.jpg
IMG_3930.jpg
IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3933.jpg
IMG_3934.jpg

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What is all that stuff in the screen can the tech pack car do that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
lol no. Completely different. I'm guessing that's why they changed from an AIM unit to the Motec. For all the extra fancy displays.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
No, it is part of the Motec data logging and info display system in the FP350S only, there is very little of a GT350 left in this car, the trans, rear end, radiator, and glass is just about it.

Dave

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
No, it is part of the Motec data logging and info display system in the FP350S only, there is very little of a GT350 left in this car, the trans, rear end, radiator, and glass is just about it.

Dave
Exactly. Not even the same engine. Just sheet metal and drivetrain minus engine.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
ddozier said:
These are some of the changes from the GT350:

8. Cage is installed by Watson but is not of Watson design and differs from what they are allowed to sell on their site.

9. Cars are prepared by Multimatic, and available for purchase via Ford Dealers

12. Wheels studs are from MSI Racing Products, not 100% sure but 99% sure
The engineering on the cage design is from Multimatic but manufactured and installed by Watson. The design work was done around 2013 and as installed in this car no longer meets some spec. The bent door bars on the driver side will have to be straight as on the passenger side. It isn't a change favored by anyone other than a certain sanctioning body and will be done differently. Specs also call for a full 360° weld where tubes converge, something that wasn't always done on tbe S or R model cages. The circular holes/patches you see near where the door strikes are were for access to be able to do this.

Cars are not prepared by Multimatic. This one was done at Watson. They could end being done at Watson, Ford, or Multimatic as I mentioned previously.

The wheel studs on this car are actually stock R model studs on stock Ford hubs. They are not MSI studs. The production version may end up using MSI studs but not just yet.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In addition, this car is indeed using the production GT350 aluminum knuckle or upright. This allows a radial mount caliper design, preferable in terms of strength, but also because the GT350's wheel hub assembly is a much more robust design than that of the lesser GT or that of the previous generation S197 cars.

Certain hardware changes were made throughout, such as rod ends, etc. Note the rear control arm in the following photo and what attaches to it.

Regarding cooling and in addition to what was mentioned up above, this car is using a stock radiator for engine cooling. Apparently the minor changes made to the block/heads on the GT350 over the previous Boss cars proved to be substantial in terms of cooling efficiency.

The camber plates...

Alignment is set and caster is fixed ~ 7° positive. These allow you to then loosen the three vertical fasteners (gold plated in the photo), followed by the two horizontal fasteners. You can then remove and move shims around from one side or the other to quickly and accurately change the camber setting to a known degree. Changes can be made quickly with repeatable accuracy. These were done for Ford Racing and just might become available some day. Multimatic has them in a more "finished" form but a bit on the VERY pricey side.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
That's pretty "rough" but I agree that shims are far better than slots in terms of repeatability and preventing camber change.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You can get those same weights with some other models of Forgeline monoblock wheels. Forgeline rates the GS1R and GA1R wheels at 2100lb per wheel. There are very few models whether HRE, Forgeline, etc that meet those specs. That is why you won't see race teams running super lightweight monoblock wheels in the those designs. I imagine if you call HRE and say you are buying the R101 Lightweight for a GT350 track car with Hoosier R7's or race slick they would steer you to a different wheel for our 3900lb cars. A lightweight P-car may be a different story.
It wasn't to start an argument about strength, simply a statement on what they told me when I asked for weights.
Sponsored