Sponsored

Mustang oversupply?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Just received email from my dealer. Proclaimed, largest Mustang dealer in AUS, Bayford epping, is having "Mega Mustang sale" Sept 9. With "never to be repeated pricing". I'm so excited. :paddle:
I also heard about this one. Definitely glad my mustang is sold. They are going to bottom out the market with new car prices. I guess that is the problem when you order too many cars and you can't afford to keep running up interest charges.

The prices will be repeated if they don't sell enough units
Sponsored

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Interesting to know why there was a such a long wait previously and now a dealership has 70 or so cars being discounted, feel sorry for those people who have just received their cars and paid retail or close to.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I also heard about this one. Definitely glad my mustang is sold. They are going to bottom out the market with new car prices. I guess that is the problem when you order too many cars and you can't afford to keep running up interest charges.

The prices will be repeated if they don't sell enough units
Soon, we will be seeing Mustang taxi's. lol Ford see's Mustang as the new Falcon, i think.:headbonk:

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Interesting to know why there was a such a long wait previously and now a dealership has 70 or so cars being discounted, feel sorry for those people who have just received their cars and paid retail or close to.
Heavily discounting a car that's only been on the market for just over 18months is cardinal sin. It's the best way to alienate existing and future customers. Most smart car makers, avoid doing this, to not soil their image/desirability. :doh:

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
if anyone buy a car, especially in this price range and expect anything less that this current situation is just kidding themselves.. Especially A 2 door car sports car. anyone who wanted a mustang would have got one or ordered one, unless people are specifically waiting for a 2018. just look at this forums how many people hasnt got their car yet ?? most of them without are just waiting for 18's. and then what happen lol. if you keep your car for 1 generation you will be fine..

even Maserati's and porsches (911 apart) are doing deals and discounts, let alone a ford

at 60k there are so many option, plenty other offer much more practical.
i am keen to see if the 18's sale number hold up.

im pretty sure 650 wil now be avaialbe in RHD with the success of s550, will be stupid to not do it.. but they have the emmission laws to pass too. just dont expect too much from them... anyways cars will always have new models and progressive improvement. thats how they make money and generate sales. dont get caught up in it.. there will always be better cars. enjoy what you have, and when time comes just buy a new car if you think its time to upgrade..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
The 2018 sales will not be up to the 2016-17 level.
There won't be enough cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Without haggling 56k for a GT Auto Fastback D/Away.
Who needs to live in the states, to buy a cheep Mustang. Haggle a bit and it's a 20% discount. So, people have been waiting a year or so for a car that's worth 20% less now. Then, take another 10-20% when driven away. Well done, Ford.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
$52k driveaway for floor stock manual gt, Mustang Motorsport and Tickford were also showing off their cars it was definitely cringe worthy with the stereotypical MOCA hat wearing middle aged man. Enough to scare off a couple of younger ladies looking at a car.

Looks like the price gouging is likely to continue as well, as at 4pm I was told that they had only sold 3-4 cars and they had ~20 on the lot

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
$52k driveaway for floor stock manual gt, Mustang Motorsport and Tickford were also showing off their cars it was definitely cringe worthy with the stereotypical MOCA hat wearing middle aged man. Enough to scare off a couple of younger ladies looking at a car.

Looks like the price gouging is likely to continue as well, as at 4pm I was told that they had only sold 3-4 cars and they had ~20 on the lot
$52K!So what's a one year old GT worth now? High30s wholesale? Massive loss. That's not acceptable, for a car that's fairly new to the market and they have plenty left? wow! Focus RS buyers must be laughing at us.:crazy:

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
And that's different to any other car?
6-7 year old Focus RSs with good Ks are still fetching $34k-$38k. Mustang will be worth half that, if Ford keeps oversupplying/discounting. Try getting a one year old RS cheap. Just one example.
Sponsored