Engineer0127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum!
Just wanted to share my recent car buying experience. I bought a Mustang Shelby GT350 in May. The dealership was in Texas, and I am in Idaho. We did the deal largely via email/text and a couple of phone calls. Had the car shipped (in an enclosed transport) 1600 miles to my house. It look a little longer than buying from a local dealership, but it wasn't a terrible experience in my book. I'd probably consider buying out of state again if I found a car I really wanted.

Good luck in your search! :like:
Hey Bran. I'm faced with shipping vs driving a new GT back from a dealership a few states over, which could be in cold weather with potential for snow. I was curious what shipper you used and how you would describe the experience? How did you handle registration/taxes/plates etc?
Sponsored

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum!
Just wanted to share my recent car buying experience. I bought a Mustang Shelby GT350 in May. The dealership was in Texas, and I am in Idaho. We did the deal largely via email/text and a couple of phone calls. Had the car shipped (in an enclosed transport) 1600 miles to my house. It look a little longer than buying from a local dealership, but it wasn't a terrible experience in my book. I'd probably consider buying out of state again if I found a car I really wanted.

Good luck in your search! :like:
Thank you! I might look into that as well. I’m not against buying out of state and having it shipped. What sites did you use to find your car? I’ve been on cars.com mostly

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Just buy mine 16 gt with 60k miles. And still going :giggle: I'll meet you half way and uber back home even.

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Just buy mine 16 gt with 60k miles. And still going :giggle: I'll meet you half way and uber back home even.
I might I won’t be in town until the 15th of October but I’ll keep it in mind

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thank you! I might look into that as well. I’m not against buying out of state and having it shipped. What sites did you use to find your car? I’ve been on cars.com mostly
Kyle please explain this to me. I understand you do not want to drive 5 hours to pickup a car. But if you entertaining the thought of having it shipped why not reach out to a dealer known to the forum who will beat any price you can get locally?

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I might I won’t be in town until the 15th of October but I’ll keep it in mind
K well by the time you're here I might have 65k on it. I was kidding of course but for the right $$$$ anything is for sale.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey Bran. I'm faced with shipping vs driving a new GT back from a dealership a few states over, which could be in cold weather with potential for snow. I was curious what shipper you used and how you would describe the experience? How did you handle registration/taxes/plates etc?
I used Plycar, but sadly cannot recommend them - expensive, payment upfront, less than satisfactory communication and a scheduling mishap. But the car arrived in excellent shape eventually so that's something I guess :crackup:
I would look elsewhere. Intercity gets high marks if they have routes in your area.

As for TTL, I worked with my bank on all that. I signed copies of the contacts, the bank paid the dealership and paid my local taxes, the dealership sent the sales paperwork and lien holder info to my bank, and I got the paperwork for registration from my bank. It's a little bit extra hassle, but not unmanageable by any means. Some of the procedural steps vary from state to state, so your experience might be a little different.

Out of State buying experiences would make a good forum topic. There is a lot of material to be shared.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Actually I found my car on this forum thanks to a fellow member posting it. :like:

But in the past I've shopped for cars on Autotrader, Autonation, CarGurus, TrueCar, etc.

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Kyle please explain this to me. I understand you do not want to drive 5 hours to pickup a car. But if you entertaining the thought of having it shipped why not reach out to a dealer known to the forum who will beat any price you can get locally?

How would I find what dealers to use?

K well by the time you're here I might have 65k on it. I was kidding of course but for the right $$$$ anything is for sale.
Sounds good I’ll let you know when I get back.

Sponsored

Engineer0127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I used Plycar, but sadly cannot recommend them - expensive, payment upfront, less than satisfactory communication and a scheduling mishap. But the car arrived in excellent shape eventually so that's something I guess :crackup:
I would look elsewhere. Intercity gets high marks if they have routes in your area.

As for TTL, I worked with my bank on all that. I signed copies of the contacts, the bank paid the dealership and paid my local taxes, the dealership sent the sales paperwork and lien holder info to my bank, and I got the paperwork for registration from my bank. It's a little bit extra hassle, but not unmanageable by any means. Some of the procedural steps vary from state to state, so your experience might be a little different.

Out of State buying experiences would make a good forum topic. There is a lot of material to be shared.
Thanks so much for the detailed reply and honest opinion. Very valuable information… and I agree that a forum topic on the subject would benefit many. I’m sure it will vary state-to-state, but a general sharing of experiences would be worthy. Glad your car arrived safely - enjoy it!

BVA254

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6-Sold, 2021 GT Premium -on order
I sold my 16 for $6250 more than what I paid for it two years ago and put 26k on it. Ended up ordering a new GT premium because it was almost the same price as a 18 GT used. The dealer in Pa is giving deals at X Plan pricing 4% under invoice. The only difference being the $394.00 doc fee. X Plan only allows $100.00. Still a good deal!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm thinking of selling my PP2. Immaculate. 5600 miles. I just don't drive it

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I originally wanted a 16 or 17 until I saw the
market and that’s to far for me to
Drive to pick up a car.
You order the car the way you want it, email/phone.
Then when car gets to dealer, you book a one way plane ticket to the airport near the dealer, fly out, and drive your new baby home. Mid week, flights are cheap. You can even see on your phone on the air line of choices web site how many seats are left on a flight, and never book a flight, walk up to the air lines counter and Say you like to board x flight, it seems to have 22 seats left, and ask them if they like to fill one, offer 1/2 what they want, and you'll be boarding the flight. It is leaving with either the seat empty or with someone paying 1/2 the fare, they rather the 1/2 fare than zero. Done this an hour before a flight started boarding many times. Works 100% of the time. Of course holiday high traffic times this isn't an option, most times. but a normal mid week , many flights take off with empty seats.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Just get a new one from northern area or if cash go to Canada they have hundreds on the lots can get min 5K discounts as well. Everything from base GT to full load.
Do you know where in Canada? I’m searching on Ford Canada site and not finding anything. Thanks!
Sponsored