Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Last summer ran a 2010 Roush 427R from a 20 mph roll. Considering we have the same factory horsepower, wasn't even close. I just pulled away hard on him. We chatted later, nice kid, nice car.
Sponsored

ShdwBlck5Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Ran my brothers c7 z06 w/ cai, headers and a pulley in my 2020 roush phase 1.
i went 0/5 that day :clap:
time for headers and a pbd tune lol

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If he is automatic, he definitely has the off-the-line advantage. I'd spend the $500 and move to the Phase 2, you still won't get him off the line, but you will catch down the road.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
lol, what made you think you had a chance against a custom tuned fbo z06? There's a guy in the roush thread that will tweak your Roush tune. Does it free and the difference is night and day.

ShdwBlck5Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
If he is automatic, he definitely has the off-the-line advantage. I'd spend the $500 and move to the Phase 2, you still won't get him off the line, but you will catch down the road.
he is manual, rows through the gears pretty nice. it was a roll race :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ShdwBlck5Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
lol, what made you think you had a chance against a custom tuned fbo z06? There's a guy in the roush thread that will tweak your Roush tune. Does it free and the difference is night and day.
didn’t think i’d win, just like to race hahaha. i’m not a sore loser lol:cwl:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm guessing you have no issue with giving up the warranty. Are you A10?

i don’t really have easy access to e85, only thing holding me back from doing that :explode:

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
didn’t think i’d win, just like to race hahaha. i’m not a sore loser lol:cwl:
Dude go over to the roush thread. Ripper will hook you up with a race gas or boostane adjusted tune. Have to get rid of the cats and throw some headers on there. Guy he just hooked up ran a 10.8 on the street, lol. He's been doing it for free.

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Raced an 2019 Audi R8 on the Xpress way, from about a 60 roll and I put 10-12+ cars on him before I lifted. Ran 3 times, same result. Also got a 2016 Charger Hellcat , with exhaust and tune, put 5 on him., we both pulled over and talked for a good 30 minutes on the side of the road.m

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That's super, the sky is your limit. I still would recommend getting the Phase 2 kit and then go from there. One thing to keep in mind is we are traction limited, especially us manuals. I see sticker tires in your future 😉

i don’t care about warranty at all haha
and no i’m manual:rockon:

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
That's super, the sky is your limit. I still would recommend getting the Phase 2 kit and then go from there. One thing to keep in mind is we are traction limited, especially us manuals. I see sticker tires in your future 😉
Saturday I was cruising along about 80. When I noticed a vw gti on my bumper. We stopped at a light and when it turned green this little gti took off like a bat out of hell. I stomped on the gas and gapped him I didn't get to talk to him and ask what he did to it but he was quick for a gti if I was driving my 16 3.7 I would have lost I have to admire anything that much quicker than stock.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Saturday I was cruising along about 80. When I noticed a vw gti on my bumper. We stopped at a light and when it turned green this little gti took off like a bat out of hell. I stomped on the gas and gapped him I didn't get to talk to him and ask what he did to it but he was quick for a gti if I was driving my 16 3.7 I would have lost I have to admire anything that much quicker than stock.
I blew past a V6 mustang at about 120mph (he was going around 75) and he caught up to me very quickly, lol. When he pulled up beside me me, after I got off the highway, I could hear his turbos spooling. I was shocked with his power level for a mustang with a horsy on back.
Sponsored