Mustang Ecoboost Lane keep assist not working properly

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Hey folks. So I have a base model 2019 Ecoboost bought it brand new 3 years ago. Love it, great car, but one thing that I absolutely hate and do not trust is the lane keep assist. From the first time I ever used it, it will "capture" the lanes fine, get the green lane icon, maybe try to steer a little bit and then just give up and "uncapture" the lane. This doesnt even happen in a turn, even on straights on the highway when the car starts to drift it will do this. I have tried cleaning the sensor a million times, I have no tints or banners blocking it. Since I have short commutes I never really cared much, until my buddy showed me the lane assist in his same exact model mustang and it felt like a tesla comared to mine ha ha. Anyone have any idea on what might cause this. Shoulf I just bite the bullet and take it to ford? Thanks.
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
If you still have warranty coverage, go to the dealership. No help really but what the heck, you asked.

OP
OP

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Hey folks. So I have a base model 2019 Ecoboost bought it brand new 3 years ago. Love it, great car, but one thing that I absolutely hate and do not trust is the lane keep assist. From the first time I ever used it, it will "capture" the lanes fine, get the green lane icon, maybe try to steer a little bit and then just give up and "uncapture" the lane. This doesnt even happen in a turn, even on straights on the highway when the car starts to drift it will do this. I have tried cleaning the sensor a million times, I have no tints or banners blocking it. Since I have short commutes I never really cared much, until my buddy showed me the lane assist in his same exact model mustang and it felt like a tesla comared to mine ha ha. Anyone have any idea on what might cause this. Shoulf I just bite the bullet and take it to ford? Thanks.
Yeah ill prob end up taking it to ford, just wanted to save myself the prob 2 hours of waiting at the dealership you know how it goes. What about your stang, is the lane assist funky or do you kind of like it?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just needs to be recalibrated. Mine was messed up after a windshield change, but safelite was able to recalibrate it on a few mile drive and its 100% again. Its just in need of calibration.

OP
OP

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Just needs to be recalibrated. Mine was messed up after a windshield change, but safelite was able to recalibrate it on a few mile drive and its 100% again. Its just in need of calibration.
Gotcha, guessing I gotta take it to the dealership to get it done, lets see how much theure gonna charge for that lol. Thanks

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Make sure you have the adaptive cruise activated on the car, if not the lane assist will not be fully activated and only give a wiggle to the steering wheel when you change lanes. If adaptive cruise is activated, then it likely needs recalibrated.

Just a thought. My 2019 edge was that way if adaptive cruise was off which it was all the time because of the way it wanted to floor the gas when you went to pass the vehicle it slowed down for, not conducive to fuel economy.

BD

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My lane keeping works great! I use at least one hand on the steering wheel and keep at least one eye open and looking ahead 50+ yards ahead. Works in the dark and in driving rain too.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you hang a 1/4 filled plastic water bottle off one side of the steering wheel spoke the lane assist will follow the painted lines on the road without yelling at you to put your hands back on the wheel in 20 seconds. It fools the PSCM into thinking you still are holding the wheel and actually driving.

BD

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
If you hang a 1/4 filled plastic water bottle off one side of the steering wheel spoke the lane assist will follow the painted lines on the road without yelling at you to put your hands back on the wheel in 20 seconds. It fools the PSCM into thinking you still are holding the wheel and actually driving.

BD
tried that, worked for a few sec lol. Im going to bring it to Ford asap.
Yeah that is what I am thinking. I saw a few vids of calibrating the system on forscan, idk if anyone would reccomend doing that.

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Sounds like you might have the Lane Keeping System Mode in "Alert Only." Check your Driver Assist menu.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
tried that, worked for a few sec lol. Im going to bring it to Ford asap.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I saw a few vids of calibrating the system on forscan, idk if anyone would reccomend doing that.
Yea the lane assist is out to get you.

BD

OP
OP

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
So the closest appointment I can get is mid January at any Ford within a 50 mile radius of me lol.

OP
OP

valleystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
My lane keeping works great! I use at least one hand on the steering wheel and keep at least one eye open and looking ahead 50+ yards ahead. Works in the dark and in driving rain too.
Did you feel like the car was ping pong-ing in the lane?
Sponsored