Sponsored

Mustang Ecoboost Check Engine Light

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Another Dealership said they cant find anything. Another dealership that didnt do any physical check of components. Another time FordService did not reach out the dealership when I PM'ed both asking them to do so.

So far CEL 4, Ford 0.

Thanks for the GREAT support FordServices! Can't imagine what I would do without you.
Sponsored

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I have a case number also with Jeff. I'm bringing my car in into a local dealership as well. Me and spdracer50 bought our car at the same dealership but that dealership is a good hour away with traffic in LA. He seems to suggest I try a different place as their techs are fully stumped with the issue.

My CSM from Ford said he'll help to schedule and they're going to provide me with a loaner which is all that I ask for the time being. I can't NOT have a loaner as this is my only car.

Anyway I'll also keep everyone posted.

So far on this thread we have 4 people actively having this problem with Ecoboost:

Dabsevo
Spdracer50
swiftspeed10
Roidrage

Let's keep everyone updated so we don't reinvent the wheel.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have escalated my case with Ford Customer Relations and they will be contacting the dealership for me as we speak. Can't believe it took 5 calls to get SOMEONE from ford to contact their dealers for me.

Gee, I swear that was the purpose of Jeff & Nikki here.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a case number also with Jeff. I'm bringing my car in into a local dealership as well. Me and spdracer50 bought our car at the same dealership but that dealership is a good hour away with traffic in LA. He seems to suggest I try a different place as their techs are fully stumped with the issue.

My CSM from Ford said he'll help to schedule and they're going to provide me with a loaner which is all that I ask for the time being. I can't NOT have a loaner as this is my only car.

Anyway I'll also keep everyone posted.

So far on this thread we have 4 people actively having this problem with Ecoboost:

Dabsevo
Spdracer50
swiftspeed10
Roidrage

Let's keep everyone updated so we don't reinvent the wheel.

I got it too

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got it too
Hey tittermary,

Have you been to the dealer yet for the light? Send me a PM with your details: VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into additional ways to assist.

Jeff

Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey tittermary,

Have you been to the dealer yet for the light? Send me a PM with your details: VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into additional ways to assist.

Jeff
Thanks I'm good, no issues with service from my dealer and I work in the industry and have a lot of access, just waiting for ford or others that are working on the problem to figure it out, not my primary car so I am not jammed up like these other guys.

VertGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible Guard Manual
I also have an EB and the check engine light came on this week at about 460 miles. Dealer said it was a misfire and reprogrammed it on 3/18. Haven't had the light come back yet (fingers crossed) but I haven't driven it much since then because I have a short commute. Thanks to all who have posted information on this so we can all share information.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have an EB and the check engine light came on this week at about 460 miles. Dealer said it was a misfire and reprogrammed it on 3/18. Haven't had the light come back yet (fingers crossed) but I haven't driven it much since then because I have a short commute. Thanks to all who have posted information on this so we can all share information.
Usually it takes me atleast one decent drive on the highway before it shows up again. So basically, above 60MPH for about 10+ mins.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current List:

Dabsevo
Spdracer50
swiftspeed10
Roidrage
VertGaL
tittermary

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I suggest that you guys make pictures when the engine light is on please. Only if it is safe to do so. With the pictures you can proof that it was on. Codes come and go in modern cars these days. If the wire harness is faulty, the engine lights could be off and on like it pleases. I hope that gets sorted out for you guys!

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me the lights stay on once they go on. But I will make a note of all the CEL's that come on as well as the milage. Even though the dealerships have the records and so do I when I bring it in.

Good tip.

Update: Picking up the car again... Dealership stated to bring it in again once it goes off (how predicable).

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suggest that you guys make pictures when the engine light is on please. Only if it is safe to do so. With the pictures you can proof that it was on. Codes come and go in modern cars these days. If the wire harness is faulty, the engine lights could be off and on like it pleases. I hope that gets sorted out for you guys!
I have no doubt and full faith in ford they will fix this there's far too many people with this problem for them not to

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I have no doubt and full faith in ford they will fix this there's far too many people with this problem for them not to
Yeah based on the #s on this thread, it's definitely a common problem that they're going to have to address soon.

I"m sure ford engineers are aware of it at this point, how can they not be?

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
It will come back once your monitors go through the drive cycles. Mine was gone for 80-100 miles of both city and highway until the EVAP monitor was ready and it triggered the CEL again.