2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The dealer is offering me a ding-protection for 7 years, unlimited miles, at $800.

It also comes with a bunch of extra coverage for scratched wheels, tree sap, road salt, etc.
See https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/81-770-7338_PP-2A-MPL_Lam_MVPMultiCare_2opt.pdf

Does anybody here know whether they do a good job? Or is more of an hassle to convince them to do anything and they hide behind some fine prints?
I’m confused. Is this for a Ford or a Dodge?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It is from Granger Motors. They sell both.
I see that this plan is offered through Grainger and Mopar through Vantage Administration Services, LP.

Although I cannot find any of the "small" print I did find this price list from 2021 (just NY). Not sure which plan you're getting but $800 seems reasonable. Talk to Grainger about the small stuff and read the contract thoroughly.

https://www.dfs.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/09/sc-vantage_warranty_r2021002002.pdf

OP
OP
RTFM

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure which plan you're getting but $800 seems reasonable.
It is one of the Ultimate Plus plans. So $1050-1260 in NY. Thanks for looking this up!

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Keep in mind all of these types of packages offered by dealers, window tinting/paint protection/dent protection ect, are to boost their profit margins on a car. The prices are often inflated over what you can organize on your own. If you are happy to pay the price and in theory have them take care of things if/when needed, then go ahead. Just be sure to read the fine print very carefully to see what clauses they have in place to curtail their spend on future repairs.

When I have needed this sort of thing in the past, spot repairs to paint and paintless dent removal have cost be up $100 - $150 each. Will you be denting your car enough to justify the $800 you will spend on the package?

I'm not saying don't do it, just be informed as to what you are getting and know these packages are designed to make money for the dealer.

OP
OP
RTFM

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will you be denting your car enough to justify the $800 you will spend on the package?
I think so. It’s Atlanta here and I would expect a door ding every 12-18 months. Half of the time it happens when you are still in the car. People are just that careless.
If I buy this plan, it would be more to ease my anxiety and provide peace of mind. Because for 7 years coverage, that would be about 5 dings. So $160 per occurrence. Does not sound like it’s worth it financially.
The plan provides a ton of other protections but I would not expect to use them much if at all (damaged tire, scratched wheel, lost keys, etc). Additionally, I just read the fine prints and the authorisation process and reimbursement procedures are full of red tape. I might be trading one type of anxiety for another…

Last edited:

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This sounds like a pretty good deal to me, as others have said, read the fine print. I got dinged last year for the first time and it drove me crazy. Got a mobile paint-less ding guy to come out and it cost me $250. Took him about 2 hours and his work was emaculate, you can't even see where it was. So you may only need Atlanta drivers to ding you 4 times to be in the black.
Sponsored