MSD 2 STEP LEAD WIRE

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 GT mt82 manual. Im getting a MSD 2 step. Most guys seem to wire the lead or trigger wire to the clutch. Which sounds great other than when your at 7k RPM's shifting and when the clutch is pressed to shift the 2 step will be triggered very briefly. Ive read a few forums looking for information and guys are saying its ruining their pass. So im wondering how else it can be wired. Im not really looking to have a bunch of buttons also it needs to be in a convenient location. Thank you for any advice!
Sponsored

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have a 2018 GT mt82 manual. Im getting a MSD 2 step. Most guys seem to wire the lead or trigger wire to the clutch. Which sounds great other than when your at 7k RPM's shifting and when the clutch is pressed to shift the 2 step will be triggered very briefly. Ive read a few forums looking for information and guys are saying its ruining their pass. So im wondering how else it can be wired. Im not really looking to have a bunch of buttons also it needs to be in a convenient location. Thank you for any advice!
You use the wire off the neutral safety switch above the clutch pedal, also you’ll need to reverse the polarity of one coil pack to make it work. You’re better off installing the N2MB box.

OP
OP
Crusch84

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You use the wire off the neutral safety switch above the clutch pedal, also you’ll need to reverse the polarity of one coil pack to make it work. You’re better off installing the N2MB box.
Wouldn't it briefly activate the 2 step when pressing the clutch on shifts?

Why do you prefer the N2MB? I don't want the shift assist. Thank you for your reply
Sponsored