Sponsored

Motorcraft MT82 XL-18 Additive

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
I switched over several months ago to the BG Synchroshift II and also used the MGC additive. It helped with the less than stellar feel while engaging third gear. I'd do it again.

20210410_004333.jpg
Sponsored

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
[QUOTE

If there are no problems such as gear or bearing damage pre existing, changing the fluid now would not create any new issues at all. It's not like changing automatic trans fluid on a very high milage transmission. In fact it will help overall component health.
i have noises coming from the transmission on high gears low rpm ( low speed ) for example if i go on 3rd gear with 20mph or 4th gear or 5th or sixth on low speed i hear as if the transmission was sitting next to me, it goes into gear and everything but i hear loud grinding noise. It does not grind when u put it in gears but after i release the clutch it happens. I have an rst clutch i dont know if this noise is normal with that clutch. This is my biggest problem im facing right now. Took the car to many mechanics and everyone spits on a finding. One of them told me weak synchronizer, other idiot told me differential, other one told me its absolutely normal. I dont know what to do rn. Remember if i was in right gear and right rpm no issues no noises.
[/QUOTE]
That's hard to comment to over text but it's seems you do have a issue of some sort.
Changing the fluid will not make it worse but may help. As part of diagnostic process I'd drain the fluid into a clean container and look for signs of wear and debris.
Are you the original owner, if not how many kms have you had it and was it always there?

Mustang gt 2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt manual 2016
i have noises coming from the transmission on high gears low rpm ( low speed ) for example if i go on 3rd gear with 20mph or 4th gear or 5th or sixth on low speed i hear as if the transmission was sitting next to me, it goes into gear and everything but i hear loud grinding noise. It does not grind when u put it in gears but after i release the clutch it happens. I have an rst clutch i dont know if this noise is normal with that clutch. This is my biggest problem im facing right now. Took the car to many mechanics and everyone spits on a finding. One of them told me weak synchronizer, other idiot told me differential, other one told me its absolutely normal. I dont know what to do rn. Remember if i was in right gear and right rpm no issues no noises.
That's hard to comment to over text but it's seems you do have a issue of some sort.
Changing the fluid will not make it worse but may help. As part of diagnostic process I'd drain the fluid into a clean container and look for signs of wear and debris.
Are you the original owner, if not how many kms have you had it and was it always there?
[/QUOTE]
I am the second owner had this problem since day two. But didnt notice it during inspection because i drove it at right speed And rpm. Vehicle now has done around 46k miles

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
I am the second owner had this problem since day two. But didnt notice it during inspection because i drove it at
I am the second owner had this problem since day two. But didnt notice it during inspection because i drove it at right speed And rpm. Vehicle now has done around 46k miles
[/QUOTE]
Ya, try the fluid change but really it's not something your going to find the answer for over text.
Sponsored