Sponsored

Most track time in a day

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I am wondering how much track in total time people have got in a track day? I went to The Ridge Track in Shelton Washington last week for a charity event and along with my new McLeod clutch had a successful day. This was a charity event for Camp Good Times and children fighting cancer and what not to come with their families and get ride alongs on the track.

I had my girlfriend and our daughters with us and it was a great day. I managed to log a little over 3 hours of seat time on the track for the day and over 2 full tanks of fuel used. The car ran flawless and managed to put smiles on a few strangers faces in the process along with my girlfriend and daughter who also rode shotgun.

This is the first time for me on this track and the first time in this car on a road course. Some of you heard of my clutch blowing up on the first lap of the last event I went to and the day was a bust.

The car was great and handled nicely. The factory Pirellis did good once they were hot but they were getting very hot and were 165 F after the cool down lap. They were tearing apart, but still managed to hold together considering the punishment I put them through.

The Carbotech XP10 front pads did very good and after a couple of sessions I was comfortable with the brakes. The Motul 600 fluid never had any issues either.

This was also my first time driving with a 4 point harness and lets just say if you don't have them, get them.

Not sure if any of you have had a chance to be on the track along with Radical Sport cars with the V8 Hyabussa engines, they are just plain insane fast. I would love to get one, but can't afford the $200k price tag. There were 4 of them at the track and they passed my like I was standing still.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
3 hours is awesome! The most track time I ever got was about an hour on test days or race days

BTW, an older Radical (2004) with a stock Hayabusa can be had for around $20k. A racing buddy of mine's has one. 1200 lbs, 172 WHP and fast as stink.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
One time a buddy and I ran with speed district at Willow springs. I believe it was on Easter Sunday. (Also ran Saturday with Speedventures, a different group). But the Sunday event had 7 cars entered and they didn't even do "run groups" just anytime you wanted to go out on track, spend as much time as you want. After lunch there were 3 cars running, My buddy and I in our thunder roadsters (wannabe radical LOL) and a bmw. Even the guy running it took off around 3 and said we could stay until 5:30 because that's when the workers were paid up to.

We stopped counting, but I'd say it was nearly 4 hours total on track so I know how you feel. Even better that you were helping charity. :thumbsup:

JeremyGSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(former) '04 C5 Z06
Back in the day when Chin only had two run groups you could get around 4 hours, or close to it.

These days I think it's still near 3 hours all in.

I don't drive anywhere close to what they offer anymore. Between driving and instructing I definitely get the red mist by the afternoon in summers at Sebring.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
^^^ This. I've seen too many things happen to guys, especially newer drivers who don't realize mental fatigue is setting in. Even more so in the summers when you are out in the heat all day just sucking the energy out of you. Majority of accidents happen the last session of the last when it's really starting to click and drivers are trying to push it a little more and a little more. I'd say the next being the newly intermediate student trying to pick up where he left off the first session of the first day.

Chin and MVP are the two organizations I know of that have all the track time you can handle.

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Chin and MVP are the two organizations I know of that have all the track time you can handle.
2nd the MVP recommendation, tons of track time and a very good value considering the time spent on track. 10/10ths and Rezoom are two others that have a bunch of track time. The advanced groups with 10/10ths and Rezoom both have open passing so that is something to consider before you sign up with them.

Dave

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've run @ Sebring with Performance Driving Group and Track Guys; There was nearly an hour more track time with PDG and I quit in the afternoon before they shut it down. When I go the The FIRM, it's a fraction of the number of cars and the afternoon is almost all open session; drive until you feel like quitting - or the car does. ;) That's where I learned 30 minutes is about my max before I get fatigued and could use a break, not to mention the car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I got over 2.5 hours in at Mid-Ohio with AutoInterests a couple of years ago. My GoPro ran out of battery 33 minutes or so into an extended last session. By that time, the track was nearly empty, and I know I took a couple easy laps at around the 25 minute mark when it started to feel like I'd been out there longer than in previous sessions.

Norm