Sponsored

More speed, no additional noise

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I know some of you will find this weird, people have already told me via Twitter.

With my 2017 Mustang GT, it has 435HP, and it would be nice to have more power. However, I don't particularly want a louder exhaust.

To obtain more power and even better driving experience, what recommendations do have?

Again, I don't want a louder exhaust. It would be too loud in the mornings when leaving for work, and plus, I want people to see me when I've gone past them, versus hearing me coming a mile away :)

Thanks in advance
Newbie to Mustang and muscle cars, period...
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Supercharger
Exhausts don't really add hp.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Intake + Tune. For example:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-ultimate-induction-pack-manual-2015-gt-555-3202.html

Doing such will void your warranty however.

Ford Racing also makes power packs that you may want to look into. May be able to keep your warranty that way if a ford dealer installs it.

Supercharger kit of course will do the same, to the extreme but will run you 6-8k vs 6-800 bucks for the intake + tune kits.

These intake+tune power packs might gain you 25 hp. Supercharger will gain you 200-300 hp give or take.

All in all any power adder that isnt exaust related will make you go faster without being louder but unless it's from ford, your warranty will be void. That is a risk you must take if you want more power. Check out the V8 power adder/bolt on section of this forum for more.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brilliant info, thanks...!

I guess there is also no downside per se', to leaving it stock. Not like the car is slow :first:

Intake + Tune. For example:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-ultimate-induction-pack-manual-2015-gt-555-3202.html

Doing such will void your warranty however.

Ford Racing also makes power packs that you may want to look into. May be able to keep your warranty that way if a ford dealer installs it.

Supercharger kit of course will do the same, to the extreme but will run you 6-8k vs 6-800 bucks for the intake + tune kits.

These intake+tune power packs might gain you 25 hp. Supercharger will gain you 200-300 hp give or take.

All in all any power adder that isnt exaust related will make you go faster without being louder but unless it's from ford, your warranty will be void. That is a risk you must take if you want more power. Check out the V8 power adder/bolt on section of this forum for more.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Brilliant info, thanks...!

I guess there is also no downside per se', to leaving it stock. Not like the car is slow :first:
Nope, leave it stock. When you actually get into racing (especially if you do AutoX or open track) you will almost certainly find that the car is more capable than you.

People often ask me what mods I've done to my car.

I have a short throw shifter, and the rest of my mod money goes into the driver mod!

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Nope, leave it stock. When you actually get into racing (especially if you do AutoX or open track) you will almost certainly find that the car is more capable than you.

People often ask me what mods I've done to my car.

I have a short throw shifter, and the rest of my mod money goes into the driver mod!
I know this is off topic, but I absolutely love your ever changing signature. Sucks what you went through, but your sense of justice is sublime!

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
remove your sound tube that's connected to the intake.
it will decrease the intake noise that is pumped into the cabin.
it won't gain you any power, but it will be quieter.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
To Mod or Not to Mod

That is the question. Right now personally I like my car stock, of course I am still getting to know her and breaking in the engine. Once we get better acquainted I will probably think about Ford Racing Power Pack 2 and Borla Touring Exhaust. Its a Performance Pack Stang so its setup for track, The final-drive ratio is 3.73:1 and a Torsen differential - not for drag racing. So my goal is similar to yours, but mine will be a weekend car with spirited driving with daily driving
characteristics. :cool:

Last edited:

skistoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
Ford Performance Pack 2

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
Not sure exactly how much you mean when you say you want more power, but the more power without more noise is the same situation I'm in. I just got my Power Pack 2 in the mail today, will be getting it installed soon. I will report back with what I notice, shoot me a PM if I forget.

For those interested, the price of the Power Pack 2 from Levittown Ford is so low that it essentially makes having a mechanic install close to free, so the warranty issue is solved without much added expense. And the discount for forum members essentially makes the shipping free. So for an all in of around $800, you have Intake upgrade, Throttle Body upgrade, Sound Tube delete, tune, and no loss of warranty coverage.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually no. And, over the past few days, I've grown quite fond of my current power - it is there when I need it. Plus, this is my daily driver.

When I first bought the car and started researching MODs online, everything seemed to point to more power. But, like you said, I'm not about to take it to a strip and all that. So...

Time to merely do cosmetic MODs ;)

Is there a goal behind having more power? Like the drag strip?

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been thinking about those Weather Tech mats. Are they worth it?
I only really need it for the front...

That is the question. Right now personally I like my car stock, of course I am still getting to know her and breaking in the engine. Once we get better acquainted I will probably think about Ford Racing Power Pack 2 and Borla Touring Exhaust. Its a Performance Pack Stang so its setup for track, The final-drive ratio is 3.73:1 and a Torsen differential - not for drag racing. So my goal is similar to yours, but mine will be a weekend car with spirited driving with daily driving
characteristics. :cool:
Sponsored