OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Never come across one. Call and ask ARP if they have a longer m12-1.5 bolt. I'm not sure how much longer it needs to be.
Yea the guy i bought my head studs from said they used the same bolt,i took that as the stock.bolt.But going to research before i put that bitch on.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yea the guy i bought my head studs from said they used the same bolt,i took that as the stock.bolt.But going to research before i put that bitch on.
Per the procharger instructions it is a m12-1.5x 120mm bolt so 120mm long so 4.72" bolt. The regular arp bolt is listed as 4.2"

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Per the procharger instructions it is a m12-1.5x 120mm bolt so 120mm long so 4.72" bolt. The regular arp bolt is listed as 4.2"
Damm so thats an .5 inch difference.I have to see what bolt this guy sends me.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Yep..I went through the same thing you are in regards to the bolt. When I put the stage 2 kit on originally the bolt backed out.... started looking for other options and couldn't find any. Replaced it with another new one from PC and never had another issue with it. Still running it on the motor that is in the car now.
FYI - For my forged build I am putting together - I went with a Innovators West balancer - It takes the ARP bolt and PC makes a special pulley for the stage 2 setup that bolts directly to the balancer. Beautiful looking set up.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yep..I went through the same thing you are in regards to the bolt. When I put the stage 2 kit on originally the bolt backed out.... started looking for other options and couldn't find any. Replaced it with another new one from PC and never had another issue with it. Still running it on the motor that is in the car now.
FYI - For my forged build I am putting together - I went with a Innovators West balancer - It takes the ARP bolt and PC makes a special pulley for the stage 2 setup that bolts directly to the balancer. Beautiful looking set up.
Hmm wonder why that bolt wont work i get procharger makes a special pulley for that balancer but you would think the bolt would be the same length?

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Hmm wonder why that bolt wont work i get procharger makes a special pulley for that balancer but you would think the bolt would be the same length?
The procharger bolt is longer as it has to go through the cam lock pulley, and the balancer. The arp is only designed to go through just the balancer, and if it was any longer would bottom out in the crank snout. The aftermarket balancers are the same thickness at the hub, and the pulley bolts to the balancer, and doesn't use the crank bolt at all.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
The procharger bolt is longer as it has to go through the cam lock pulley, and the balancer. The arp is only designed to go through just the balancer, and if it was any longer would bottom out in the crank snout. The aftermarket balancers are the same thickness at the hub, and the pulley bolts to the balancer, and doesn't use the crank bolt at all.
Ahh ok.gotcha.
Sponsored